Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What year did you become a full-time Stones fan?
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:15

1976....cruisin around in my '64 mercury comet with my newly installed cassette deck.....heavenly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-18 21:16 by Leonard Keringer.

Re: What year did you become a full-time Stones fan?
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:24

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:26

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:27

93 i was 10 year old

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:28

1982 just missed the tour. had to wait 7 LONG years!

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:28

1975 at the age of 13

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:34

Born in '62 with 3 older brothers, the Stones and Dylan were my nursery rhymes growin' up.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:35

1983, when I was only 7 years old. Thanks to my cousin. Got into them right when there was a long period of no new Stones releases but this gave me the chance to dig through my parents records and uncover all their albums.

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:42

'93. After hearing wandering spirit - liked it a lot - i wanted to know how the guys band sounds, and luckily i got ya-ya's from an older guitarplayer i knew. For the first listening I just didnt understand why these guys are famous. After the absolutely professional wandering spirit album it was a huge disappointment. I heard they dont tune the guitars in, they sound like amateurs, the singer cant sing, what a shite, i thought. After the second listening i was totally in love. So, when voodoo came out, I was a 14-year old full-time fan.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:44

1972....saw them on tv...and i was hooked....missed the tour but did see the movie. saw them for the 1st time in 1975...funny took me a while to know the members..my 1st album was got live if you want it and then decembers children.
by 1974 i knew who was brian jones and mick taylor were...ha...i'm almost 48 and i'm still a stones freak!

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:11

1989 when I was 19. The Steel Wheels album and tour did it for me!! Now I'm a Stones addict with no signs of recovering in sight! lol smiling smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:24

2004. No, dont laugh. But a intense & eventful year sofar.

Posted by: KevStonesFan ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:28

1994 - Voodoo Lounge at the Syracuse Carrier Dome...with my parents!!! Thanks mom & dad.

Posted by: voodoo ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:36

1982 - first show at the Vienna Stadium - sitting there and thinkin' "wow, I've got to have all records of this band" (now standing at about 1.200 vinyls, still not all :-)

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:38

Hey, Kev, I've been at Carrier Dome 1994 too and recorded it! Do you have it?

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:46

1965. I was walking home from junior high school (9th grade), listening to my transistor radio with an ear piece and heard "Satisfaction". That's all it took!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:47

fully tenured permanent full time?
i was a part-timer right from 63, with some full-time spells,
but it became a full-blast permanent gig in 85.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:57

1965 when I first heard Get Off of My Cloud.

Full time in 1969 when I got hold of a used 8-track of Let It Bleed! No turning back after that!

Ross

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2005 23:47

Born in '63 - the same week the Stones released their debut single

First Stones song I ever heard/saw was the promo video of "Angie", in 1973

First Stones record bought ; "Get Stoned" compilation, Xmas 1977, so I've really been a big fan ever since then....

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 18, 2005 23:49

1994 - I was in toronto by total coincidence, visiting family, it was just after the RPM club gig. There was a lot of media hype about them because of the gig and new album/tour. So I bought voodoo lounge for the hell of it, along with a load of other non-stones cd's (CD shopping in canada is SO cheap for us brits!) and got into it. Then got flashpoint, and that was it! Jump back, live at the max, exile on main street, some girls, hot rocks, were my next purchases, in that order. Then came Sticky Fingers, Let it bleed. After reading about them and diving in head first as I often do with a new band, I quickly learned of the golden 1968-1972 period and made it my mission to buy those 4 amazing studio albums.

I can still remember the excitement I felt in early December '94, after I got off the phone, having scored two GA field tickets for Wembley Stadium, July 11th 1995 !!! tickets were about £27.50 each plus charges. Those were the days.

Great times...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: November 18, 2005 23:49

1982 13 yrs old

Date: November 18, 2005 23:52

Procreated in '65 - the same week "Satisfaction" was at #1 in Britain.

First Stones song I ever heard was "Angie" in 1973 (but I'm sure I heard "@#$%&" just as often since my older brother played it all night long).

My first album was TATTOO YOU and yes I recorded it all alone. Haven't been tattooed ever since.

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: November 18, 2005 23:52

1995 - 16th Birthday.

Get Yer Ya Ya's Out and the London Singles Collection were gifts to me.

For my 18th Birthday in 1997, I saw them live -- first concert I'd ever seen.

Now I'm a flea bit peanut monkey... and all my friends (at IORR) are (Stones) JUNKIES!

Posted by: artalta ()
Date: November 19, 2005 00:12

Must have been somewhere around 81-83. I was too young to remember the exact time but I remember asking my brother - already a fan - to play the "I can't get no" -song. And usually I heard some other tunes as well after my request and sort of became addicted... Been a fan ever since.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 19, 2005 01:18

1980, 12 years old. Heard Shattered on the radio and it blew me away.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 19, 2005 04:17

67-69

Posted by: Schooner333 ()
Date: November 19, 2005 04:56

For me...full-time...I guess would be around '77, Let It Bleed was the album that really first captured me. I can remember buying Some Girls as my first "New Stones Release" after really getting into them, but I still own my original copy of Angie /Silver Train that I got when it was released in 73, so I had benn listening to them since then.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 19, 2005 05:17

Great Story...started in 1978 around Some Girls...but I knew a bunch of the older stuff because my Dad would always play music and he had all the Stones singles...anyway around Tatoo You I was hooked big time.

If people don't remember, for the Tattoo You Tour (and they should have done this with every one since) you couldn't buy tickets...you had to mail in post cards and you got picked lottery style and won the right to purchase your tickets...this avoided scalpers for the most part except for the ones who dumped a truck load of post cards in the mailbox...I sent a bunch in and got nothing.

The Stones were playing the Brendan Byrne Arena in NJ on November 5,6,7 and Madison Square Garden on the 12th & 13th.

I couldn't score tickets from anybody for any of these 5 shows...It was impossible...I had friends in all High Schools getting the word out that I would pay a handsome ransom for tickets...still got nothing...

Then as luck had it, one of my best friends had a friend at school who's father was a security guard at Madison Square Garden...he passed word to his son to pass to me that he would get me and my friend in to the Stones show for $125 each and he would put us at the tip of the stage and no one would bother us.

My friend Tony was into RUSH and ZAPPA and YES and FLOYD and he wasn't about to shell out $125 for the Stones which he had a casual interest.

So on November 13, 1981 I dragged my mother kicking and screaming to the bank and had her withdraw a whopping $250 bucks from my passbook savings account to pay for me and my friend...my mother was so pissed that I was going to blow all this money from my communion and graduation to go see the Stones. Mind you, tickets were about $16.50 then so I paid about 15X ticket price to see them...in todays market, I would have paid about $6750 all things being equal.

AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY DIME...ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS I EVER SEEN AND I HAVE BEEN A DIE HARD EVER SINCE.

PECMAN

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 19, 2005 09:19

1981. Bought the "start me up" single. I was too young to go and see the 1982 tour. I was really jealous at those people who were at the show in Rotterdam. They were on the radio, talking about how excited they were. In the next four years I bought the albums. That was really exciting. Scraping together 12 dollars, ( 25 guilders ) , and getting an album.

Posted by: herb ()
Date: November 19, 2005 11:51

1978, age of 18, sister's boyfriend had tickets to the show at Hampton Coliseum in Virginia, she didn't want to go. I had heard tunes from Some Girls all over the radio, already knew Angie, Brown Sugar, all the "oldies." I "volunteered" to go instead of sis, listened to her boyfriend's SG cassette in the car all the way up, next day bought the album for myself, been rollin' with 'em ever since.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home