Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Paris France 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:38

In Hyde Park, "Diamond VIP" was essentially the equivalent of Keith's side pit, but yes, much larger than normal. Wouldn't say it was the size of "several football pitches", though.

And if you had Golden Circle, you were able to get to the front of the stage on Ronnie's side.But there was no separate "pit". Golden Circle as a whole was obviously a lot bigger than just the FOS area on Ronnie's side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 13:41 by Topi.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:43

PaintMonkeyManBlack
hockenheim95
Gigbag
Anyone know how big the pit will be in Paris?

Will it be normal size or will it just be enormous like in Hyde Park where the Pit was the size of several football pitches?

Hope there will be more respect for Pit ticket holders than was the case in Hyde Park.

There haven't been Pit Tickets available for Hyde Park. It was a complete different Setup because it was part of a Festival and that was clearly shown on a map. In Paris we will have the usual Stones setup where the Pit size varies by maybe 20% per Show.

Brussels was maybe 50% smaller than amsterdam. Brussels looked like the european 2017/2018 pit and even then a little smaller. Most pits look like the usa 2021 pits but a little smaller. For me its not about how big the pit is but how many tickets are sold vs space. I want some room and most of the time this is very well taken care off.

To be fair, the Diamond VIP at Hyde Park (which is sort of equivalent to the pit of the other venues) wasn’t as enormous as “the size of several football pitches” if somewhat bigger. The problem was overselling the tickets — the section was overcrowded way too much, even to the very end of the rear area where people stood with the rails right behind their back. TBHWY the rear area of the Golden Circle was much more comfortable and nicer to be at.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:44

Topi
In Hyde Park, "Diamond VIP" was essentially the equivalent of Keith's side pit, but yes, much larger than normal. Wouldn't say it was the size of "several football pitches", though.

it was essentially the equivalent if you're early! But if you're coming late it has nothing to with pit we're used at regular shows. But the map clearly showed that it goes way out of the stage boundaries which is not the case if you're standing at the pit entrance.

I would say Hyde Park Diamond View was minimum 5 times larger than Pit B at regular shows.

Date: July 22, 2022 13:49

Yes, it was big, just saying "several football pitches" might be exaggarating a bit smiling smiley

Interesting to see the Paris setup.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:57

gotdablouse
Wonder what the best M9 station would be, Ranelagh maybe and then go for the "Boulogne" entrance. A bit of a trek, about 30 minutes. Not a problem on the way out but could be to get back home if you have a connecting RER to catch !

In my ex-Boulogne opinion: get off at Marcel Sembat line 9 and take bus 123 to the "Hôpital Ambroise Paré" stop just below Boulogne entrance n°2.
BUT the RATP has a bad habit of diverting its buses when approaching festive places, so beware... At worst, getting off the bus before, it will always be closer than the extremely long Ranelagh/Hippodrome trek!
Otherwise in the metro line 9 change at Michel-Ange-AUTEUIL, take line 10 as indicated, get off at the stop "Jean-Jaurès" it will also be much shorter.

A mon avis d'ex-boulonnaise : descendre à Marcel Sembat et prendre le bus 123 jusqu'à l'arrêt "Hôpital Ambroise Paré" juste en-dessous de l'entrée Boulogne n°2.
MAIS la RATP a la mauvaise habitude de dévier ses bus à l'approche des lieux festifs donc méfiance... Au pire descendre avant ce sera toujours plus près que le trajet Ranelagh/Hippodrome hyper long !
Sinon dans le métro ligne 9 changer à Michel-Ange-AUTEUIL, pendre la ligne 10 comme indiqué descendre à l'arrêt "Jean-Jaurès" ce sera aussi beaucoup moins long.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 22, 2022 14:05

Thanks, I didn't realize there was that big of a difference between walking from Line 10 and Line 9, but 10 minutes out of 30 is indeed a large difference !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 22, 2022 14:14

gotdablouse
Thanks, I didn't realize there was that big of a difference between walking from Line 10 and Line 9, but 10 minutes out of 30 is indeed a large difference !
Attention, for those who choose to go by métro "Jean-Jaurès", for the return you have to change at Michel-Ange-MOLITOR from the line 10 to line 9 if you go toward the direction Mairie de Montreuil.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 22, 2022 14:14

gotdablouse

I’m staying out at Bagnolet, on Line 3 but also close to Porte de Montreuil on Line 9. It seems that the Metro runs to around 1.40am on Friday and Saturday nights so hopefully I get back okay. Porte d’Auteuil or Jean Juares seems to be best bet. And the weather is expected to be 27c at showtime, a full 10c below the horrendous heat of Lyon.

Date: July 22, 2022 14:24

grzegorz67

I’m staying out at Bagnolet, on Line 3 but also close to Porte de Montreuil on Line 9. It seems that the Metro runs to around 1.40am on Friday and Saturday nights so hopefully I get back okay. Porte d’Auteuil or Jean Juares seems to be best bet. And the weather is expected to be 27c at showtime, a full 10c below the horrendous heat of Lyon.

Be careful, their map has very bad proportions:
"Porte d'Auteuil" metro station ==> entrance N°2 (Boulogne) is a much longer trek than "Jean-Jaurès" metro station ==> entrance N°2 (Boulogne) winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2022 14:35

Sister Marie

Be careful, their map has very bad proportions

Maybe it's better to use a real map and measure the distances by yourself - [iorr.org] .

Date: July 22, 2022 14:48

Line 10 jean jaures is my plan. Seems best.

Date: July 22, 2022 15:10

For the people who have to enter by the entrance n°1 "Longchamp" and who are staying in Suresnes, the bus 244 is very close to the entrance.
Stop "Longchamp Good Planet" (5 minutes trek!)

(I don't know why they wrote on their email the previous stop "Les moulins Camping" (only 9 minutes trek btw))

[www.ratp.fr]

From Suresnes, the map (the entrance N#1 is about under the text "la grande cascade"):
[goo.gl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 15:47 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 22, 2022 15:12

Sister Marie
For the people who have to enter by the entrance n°1 "Longchamp" and who are staying in Suresnes, the bus 244 is very close to the entrance.

(I don't know why they wrote on their email the previous stop "Les moulins Camping" (only 9 minutes trek btw))

[www.ratp.fr]

I will be staying in Suresnes. Isn't it best to walk from there?

Posted by: tupelo68 ()
Date: July 22, 2022 15:16

If you come from Paris (center and south), the easiest way : Subway 10, Jean Jaures and walk (20/25 mn)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2022 15:38

hockenheim95
Sister Marie

[www.ratp.fr]

I will be staying in Suresnes. Isn't it best to walk from there?

Yes. It is a 20-25 minutes walk across the bridge.

Bjornulf

Date: July 22, 2022 15:40

Sister Marie
grzegorz67

Be careful, their map has very bad proportions:
"Porte d'Auteuil" metro station ==> entrance N°2 (Boulogne) is a much longer trek than "Jean-Jaurès" metro station ==> entrance N°2 (Boulogne) winking smiley

You cannot overvalue local knowledge. Merci beaucoup! Jean-Juares Line 10 it is!

Date: July 22, 2022 16:00

If my very rusty French is accurate, according to the event guidance it appears that we’re only allowed to take in empty plastic bottles without lids so security will tip out any water and we have to then refill inside the venue???

Date: July 22, 2022 16:25

Yes, empty bottles only.

Date: July 22, 2022 16:29

I'm in Suresnes (Ibis Paris Pont de Suresnes) and definitely walking. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll go check the venue out, but only going inside late. Got Pit B for this one. The general plan for tomorrow is to stay in the shade and chill.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 22, 2022 16:31

I'm in Suresnes, too and yes I'll walk. Also Pit B.

Posted by: Joce ()
Date: July 22, 2022 18:26

Hello to everyone,

I will be in PIT A and I wonder what entrance should I go ? Boulogne or Longchamps ?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 22, 2022 18:34

Thanks BV for the layout.
This venue looks like a logistical nightmare!
Better arrive at least 3 hours early, just to figure out the right entrance.
Put your hiking shoes on and go easy in the heat.
Enjoy!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 22, 2022 18:45

Seems like no song vote again.

I hope Micks voice is allright.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:03

rebelhipi

And no officaial Stones & Jagger post on Fb/Instagram like see you tomorrow...

Date: July 22, 2022 19:04

rebelhipi

Hope we get a mick sightseeing photo collage today. That will eaze my mind

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:05

claudine
rebelhipi

And no officaial Stones & Jagger post on Fb/Instagram like see you tomorrow...
Those have sometimes come quite late in the evening.
But yes. I fear Mick is not 100% atm

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:07

I am not too worried about Mick's voice:

- he was clearly protecting it in Lyon

- the dropping of Shelter could also be due to the event curfew

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:13

spikenyc
Thanks BV for the layout.
This venue looks like a logistical nightmare!
Better arrive at least 3 hours early, just to figure out the right entrance.
Put your hiking shoes on and go easy in the heat.
Enjoy!
It'easy 2 entrance who meeting in thé middle. And in this place , there are 30 line.i think that WE will wait. 5 pm

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 22, 2022 20:36

GeirGG
gotdablouse
Talking about being "recognized" I noticed that a couple people in the front row of Pit A changed to super bright T-shirts, Red and Yellow, just before the show. Not sure if that's their way of getting recognized by the musicians or in videos/pictures after the show (that works well!). I'll add that the gentleman in red stood out quite a bit from the crowd even without that bright t-shirt ;-)

GeirGG
I was there. Most probably me, yes
Would love to see some of your pics in the Lyon thread, I haven't a had a chance to sort through mine yet unfortunately but my trusty HX-90V can't really compete !
A few are in the Lyon section - along with a report

Thanks, great pics, makes me want to upgrade, may I ask what camera it is ?
If that was indeed you, it seemed you were taking multiple shots each time, are the pictures the result of some type of "stacking" or were they individual shots and you just kept the best ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 22, 2022 20:44

Is it too early to know what time Stones are due on stage? Asking for a friend who has babysitting issues. Thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home