Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 01:58

crawdaddy
I will probably be doing the same as you Gregor when it comes to The Hyde Park gigs, and just going to Hyde Park and finding the best place a couple of hours maybe before the gig to get the best sound.
Hoping to see you again sometime on the day. thumbs up
Only a trip on the train from Epsom for me, and probably get there early afternoon and plenty of time to take it easy and see a few other fans there.
Last time I saw a gig there was The Who back in about 2015 or 2016 as you were, and loved the whole afternoon that day with great support acts.

As I'm a few years older than then, and spending hours in the same space to safeguard your spot is not my idea of fun as a 70 year old live music fan.

Really looking forward to The IORR Band June 24th, and meeting you again Gregor, and plenty of Stones fans there. smileys with beer

The Who in 2015 was my last show in Hyde Park too!

The sound outside the BST festival perimeter is actually fairly decent for the most part. I very clearly heard Bon Jovi playing the night before the 1st Stones show there in 2013. In Hamburg 5 years ago, the Police estimated there were about 15,000 fans outside the Stadtpark listening for free, including a few pubs with beer gardens and Rolling Stones themed parties. I was at the rehearsals 2 days before and the sound was good there.

There's a Sainsbury's local on Bayswater Road and loads of eateries nearby. That all said, I'll still probably end up going inside one way or the other.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2022 22:01

Have a GC west available at face -info in All Sold Out.
Can meet to enter..

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 23:22

I have a question regarding transferring a ticket for this event.

If someone wants to sell/transfer/give a ticket to a friend or someone other than buyer,is this possible?
Would I need the BST festival app?
Can this be done in TM or AXS?

Thanks for any help!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 2, 2022 00:39

Chitown23
I have a question regarding transferring a ticket for this event.

If someone wants to sell/transfer/give a ticket to a friend or someone other than buyer,is this possible?
Would I need the BST festival app?
Can this be done in TM or AXS?

Thanks for any help!

You will be able to transfer via whatever app the ticket was purchased in. The 3 apps would be AXS, Ticketmaster or Fest Ticket. AXS may be the same as the BST festival app but the others will likely not be. I wouldn't expect any of this to be in place before June though.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: April 2, 2022 12:06

Long shot I know, but can anybody remember the name of the pub that was one of the first meet ups for some members off here in 2013 for the first Hyde Park concert.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 2, 2022 12:13

The Pride of Paddington?

[iorr.org]

It's a cool spot, I didn't go there in 2013 but I was there for a pub lunch during another London trip back in 2019.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 12:22 by Topi.

Date: April 2, 2022 12:27

Topi
The Pride of Paddington?

[iorr.org]

It's a cool spot, I didn't go there in 2013 but I was there for a pub lunch during another London trip back in 2019.

Thanks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2022 12:56

The pub "Pride of Paddington" is a great old style pub, very central with all the nearby Paddington Station hotels. Sure one of my favorites whenever staying in that area.

Bjornulf

Date: April 2, 2022 13:06

bv
The pub "Pride of Paddington" is a great old style pub, very central with all the nearby Paddington Station hotels. Sure one of my favorites whenever staying in that area.

I'll be staying right near Paddington Station from June 23 to June 28 - will make sure to drop past!

For the remainder of my London stay I'll stay with a friend out in the country, about a 40 minute train ride away from Euston Station.

Didn't book a return flight from London yet - just in case winking smiley

Will arrive on Thursday the 23rd on a morning flight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 13:14 by Topi.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 2, 2022 13:17

How cool, The Pride of Paddington is just down the road from where I'm staying, thank you very much for the recommendation.

I'm sure gonna spend the evening of July 2nd there, maybe we'll meet?

Date: April 2, 2022 17:29

Will have to make a stop there. Expect to have a bunch of time before and after the 2nd Hype Park show. Hope to catch some of you there.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2022 17:56

Also staying nearby part of my stay.
Went there a few times in ‘18 per bv’s recommendation back then I believe.

Wonder if it would make a good pre/after-show spot?

Date: April 2, 2022 18:01

MisterDDDD
Also staying nearby part of my stay.
Went there a few times in ‘18 per bv’s recommendation back then I believe.

Wonder if it would make a good pre/after-show spot?

Might see you after the show. Pre-show I plan to be waiting outside to get in and waiting in my spot inside the show.

Date: April 2, 2022 19:11

grzegorz67
I was at the rehearsals 2 days before and the sound was good there.

Anyone have any idea when the Hyde Park rehearsals are likely to be?
I’d like to go along.

I’m thinking this might be Thursday 23rd.

Considering there is Elton John the night before, I’d imagine soundcheck/rehearsals might be at an odd time.

Anyone know?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 19:14 by no stone unturned.

Date: April 2, 2022 20:04

They won't rehearse at Hyde Park.

And given it's a festival with plenty of other acts and doots opening early, there might not even be a soundcheck on the day, just a line check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 20:12 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 2, 2022 21:27

no stone unturned
grzegorz67
I was at the rehearsals 2 days before and the sound was good there.

Anyone have any idea when the Hyde Park rehearsals are likely to be?
I’d like to go along.

I’m thinking this might be Thursday 23rd.

Considering there is Elton John the night before, I’d imagine soundcheck/rehearsals might be at an odd time.

Anyone know?

The rehearsals grzegorz67 is talking about are the Hamburg rehearsals 2017. The Stones usually do rehearsals on stage only before the first gig of the Tour. After the first gig they only do a soundcheck of 3 or 4 songs right before the gates open. If the gates open early like in Hyde Park they usually don't do any Soundcheck at all. For example in Spielberg 2017 they did some songs in a tent near the Stage. I don't think they'll do any Soundcheck at Hyde Park.

I think they will do Stage rehearsals in Madrid 2 days before opening night. Maybe even on 2 consecutive days...

Date: April 2, 2022 23:25

Papo
How cool, The Pride of Paddington is just down the road from where I'm staying, thank you very much for the recommendation.

I'm sure gonna spend the evening of July 2nd there, maybe we'll meet?

It was a decent place to meet up. Just praying we get the same kind of weather.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 3, 2022 04:58

Tumlin73
Long shot I know, but can anybody remember the name of the pub that was one of the first meet ups for some members off here in 2013 for the first Hyde Park concert.

The Monkey Puzzle.

[www.themonkeypuzzlepub.co.uk]

Date: April 4, 2022 01:02

semi ot, has anyone done the beatles tour in liverpool from london? worth the roundtrip train ride from london? thanks

Date: April 4, 2022 14:08

Gazza
Tumlin73

The Monkey Puzzle.

[www.themonkeypuzzlepub.co.uk]

Thanks. thumbs up

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 5, 2022 00:38

July 3. I hope they will acknowledge the anniversary of Brian’s death. I won’t be holding my breath though.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 5, 2022 01:08

vertigojoe
July 3. I hope they will acknowledge the anniversary of Brian’s death. I won’t be holding my breath though.

They didn’t in Washington 3 years ago and that was the 50th anniversary. They did, however play Mercy, Mercy as a one off so possibly a subtle nod to him.

Date: April 5, 2022 19:09

Diamond VIP tickets now available on Ticketmaster. There were originally £325. Regular GA are £200.

Diamond Experience, .

Diamond VIP Experience Tier 2 Ticket
2 × £610.45 each
A Handling Fee of £2.85 per transaction applies.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2022 19:13

What exactly is Tier 2?
I have golden Tier 2 tickets... what is Tier 1?

Date: April 5, 2022 19:21

Tier 2 is flexible pricing, I believe.

On day one, that same ticket was less than 400 GBP.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 19:57 by Topi.

Date: April 5, 2022 19:28

Tier 1 Diamond VIP sold out in the AMEX presale. That's what I bought for Hyde Park 1. 325 GBP WITH fees.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2022 20:04

Gold VIP HydeAway Tier 2

• Watch Great Oak stage performances from the exclusive Gold Circle standing viewing area, which allows you to leave and return from the Gold Circle area into general admission as you wish

Does anyone know WHICH Gold Circle area this allows you access to? It seems that on the BST website they tell you everything except this significant bit of info....

Date: April 5, 2022 20:14

OK, so there was a Tier 1 price after all. My bad. I thought there was only "Launch" and "Tier 2".

It would appear that the AMEX presale price was slightly lower than the "fan club presale" price.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 20:19 by Topi.

Date: April 5, 2022 20:15

Gazza
Gold VIP HydeAway Tier 2

• Watch Great Oak stage performances from the exclusive Gold Circle standing viewing area, which allows you to leave and return from the Gold Circle area into general admission as you wish

Does anyone know WHICH Gold Circle area this allows you access to? It seems that on the BST website they tell you everything except this significant bit of info....

That's the big mystery!

Date: April 5, 2022 20:49

Topi
Gazza
Gold VIP HydeAway Tier 2

That's the big mystery!

I am expecting East (or both) given the location of the "hideaway". I have these for HP2

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home