Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Liverpool UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 7, 2022 10:09

StonesLO
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether its worth trying to get the shuttle bus or the 917 bus back to the city centre afterwards? Or is walking the best option as I imagine it'll be a long wait/scramble for a bus! My first time at an Anfield concert.

Whenever I’ve been to Anfield when my team are playing there I’ve always walked back into the city centre afterwards. It should take about 40 minutes, it’s around a 2 mile walk.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 11:36

Start walking towards town, you can always jump on one of the normal busses that service the area if you see one coming on the way. Difference between shuttle and standard busses won’t be a great deal of time given the traffic anyway!

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 12:17

Does anyone know if there will be anything on the day? I won't be getting to Liverpool until Thursday afternoon (touch wood!).

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 18:30

Anyone know or seen the Song Vote yet ???????

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2022 20:54

I've got a feeling they might play I Wanna Be Your Man...
Surely they'll tip their hat to the Fab Four in some way...

By the way, wonder whatever happened with Mothers Little Helper?
Thought it stood a good chance of being played....maybe it'll be up for the song vote in Liverpool?

Date: June 7, 2022 20:56

Hairball
I've got a feeling they might play I Wanna Be Your Man...
Surely they'll tip their hat to the Fab Four in some way...

By the way, wonder whatever happened with Mothers Little Helper?
Thought it stood a good chance of being played....maybe it'll be up for the song vote in Liverpool?
I wanne be your man seems like a sure bet to me too!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:02

SimonN
john lomax
Is there an IORR or Shidoobee meet-up before the Liverpool show?

Hi John,

AS Stabilo says, the Shidoobee folks are having a get-together on Weds evening in The Crown from 6pm:

"Event by Gail Hoffman and Gabrielle Weetman

Crown Hotel, Liverpool

Public · Anyone on or off Facebook
Stones Fans Pre Party in Liverpool!!!! June 8th (night before show) 6 PM UK Time until whenever!!!!! And yes there will be Stones Music!!"

I'll defo pop my head round the door: probably not all that helpful if I mention that I'll be wearing a Stones tee-shirt, hah-hah!

Safe travels all- I am really looking forward to this...

Cheers,

Simon.

Is there a get together on the day of the show?

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:05

Stones arrived in Manchester at around 6pm

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:34

john lomax
SimonN
john lomax

Hi John,

AS Stabilo says, the Shidoobee folks are having a get-together on Weds evening in The Crown from 6pm:

Crown Hotel, Liverpool

Stones Fans Pre Party in Liverpool!!!! June 8th (night before show) 6 PM UK Time until whenever!!!!! And yes there will be Stones Music!!"

I'll defo pop my head round the door: probably not all that helpful if I mention that I'll be wearing a Stones tee-shirt, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi John,

From The Shidoobee site...

"Day Of Show Party:
Event by Colleen Arbon Evanchik and SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug

Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0, United Kingdom

Group · Members of SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug
Hotel Tia. Across the street from stadium.

Warm up in style and let traffic jams be traffic traffic jams and come and warm up your voice and your concert mood ahead of the Rolling Stones concert at Anfield.
The ticket includes a marination of Rolling Stones music as in: live sets by a musician, play lists of songs, dinner and a welcome drink - all in the facilities of our finest victorian lounge, The Players Lounge, and on our spacious terrace - providing lots of sunshine or with the protection of a pergola if the weather fails to match the feel good atmosphere at Hotel Tia.
Our bar will be serving bottles of bubbles to a happy price and we have a variation of spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks to get the party going as well as a variation of coffees (latté, cappuccino, americano, espresso etc), tea and hot chocolate.
We are located only 200 meters from the stadium, so you can wander over there when the time of the concert approaches. Stress free, warmed up and happy alongside other Rolling Stones fans and music lovers."

I'm not sure if this is a ticketed event or what, but I might well hang-out in the centre of the city after lunch and then head to the stadium and the attendant LD shenanigans...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:39

lickskeith
Stones arrived in Manchester at around 6pm

ZS-NEX arrived at 5.10PM BST if anyone wants to track on Flghtradar24

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:46

The Rolling Stones
@RollingStones
Touch down in the UK!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:01

If they don't want Anfield to explode they should play I Feel Fine instead of IWBYM!
It's the most buzzing song at The Kop at the moment (although they changed the lyrics a bit)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-07 22:06 by The Worst..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:04

Pray they don't attempt to revisit Come Together ---- a complete disaster at Desert Trip.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:09

MisterDDDD
The Rolling Stones
@RollingStones
Touch down in the UK!

[twitter.com]

What would John Lennon say of this? The Stones playing Anfield in 2022

Now he’s in his old age, and he is beginning to knock us, you know, and he keeps knocking. I resent it, because even his second @#$%&’ record we wrote it for him. - Lennon in 1970

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:42

Hairball
Pray they don't attempt to revisit Come Together ---- a complete disaster at Desert Trip.

It just didn’t work did it? I imagine they’ll pay some sort of homage to the Beatles. It’s their 1st Liverpool show since 1971. When they turned up late and annoyed the audience. Maybe that’s why they’ve left it so long winking smiley

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:51

Well hello Liverpool.

Probably 7 years since I last posted - it’s good to be here, it’s good to be anywhere etc etc.

Been following of course for the past 7 years from the sidelines, big thank you to BV for keeping this community alive. It’s a safe place.

Show 15 for me now, I remember seeing them for the first time at 15 at the MEN on the licks tour thinking I’m so lucky to see them once in my lifetime. Feel very lucky.

Anyway self indulgent midnight rambling - I’m sorry.

Appreciate the shout for the crown the eve before but do we have a meeting point for a bit of craic and sinking a few cold ones on Thursday day?

I’ll be in a stones shirt, give me a wave

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 7, 2022 23:00

SimonN
john lomax
SimonN
john lomax

Hi John,

Crown Hotel, Liverpool

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi John,

From The Shidoobee site...

"Day Of Show Party:
Event by Colleen Arbon Evanchik and SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug

Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0, United Kingdom

Group · Members of SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug
Hotel Tia. Across the street from stadium.

Warm up in style and let traffic jams be traffic traffic jams and come and warm up your voice and your concert mood ahead of the Rolling Stones concert at Anfield.
The ticket includes a marination of Rolling Stones music as in: live sets by a musician, play lists of songs, dinner and a welcome drink - all in the facilities of our finest victorian lounge, The Players Lounge, and on our spacious terrace - providing lots of sunshine or with the protection of a pergola if the weather fails to match the feel good atmosphere at Hotel Tia.
Our bar will be serving bottles of bubbles to a happy price and we have a variation of spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks to get the party going as well as a variation of coffees (latté, cappuccino, americano, espresso etc), tea and hot chocolate.
We are located only 200 meters from the stadium, so you can wander over there when the time of the concert approaches. Stress free, warmed up and happy alongside other Rolling Stones fans and music lovers."

I'm not sure if this is a ticketed event or what, but I might well hang-out in the centre of the city after lunch and then heading to the stadium and the attendant LD shenanigans...

Cheers,

Simon.

Thanks Simon

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: June 7, 2022 23:24

I'm starting to feel excited now and my journey from Roundhay Park in Leeds to Liverpool has been the rhythm of my life.
So looking forward to Thursday!
I'm up for pre show shenanigans and general revelry

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: June 8, 2022 00:00

If travelling by train, after passing through ticket barrier turn left and walk to taxi rank at end of station concourse. Over the road is a bar called ‘Dough’ . Great place to fuel up before the gig, great vibe, beer, cocktails, food. And a taxi to the gig just outside.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 8, 2022 00:05

Get yourselves in early for the Bunnymen....

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: June 8, 2022 00:55

I wouldn’t mind them doing a harder Beatles track like Helter Skelter. Despite it forever being tied the the TLB murders it’s still a great song and as Bono put it well many years ago “it’s time to claim it back from Manson”.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 8, 2022 08:17

A Stones gig in Liverpool... Hmmm... We could imagine various surprises, couldn't we? Paul Mc Cartney as special guest, maybe ?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 8, 2022 09:07

No song vote for Liverpool?

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 09:36

laertisflash
A Stones gig in Liverpool... Hmmm... We could imagine various surprises, couldn't we? Paul Mc Cartney as special guest, maybe ?

Sadly he’s still on the US leg of his tour otherwise I think that could have happened

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: June 8, 2022 09:50

spunky
No song vote for Liverpool?

They are certainly leaving it late if there was to be one. My bet now is that they have replaced it with a Beatles cover, most likely Come Together which they’ve performed live before at desert strip festival

Date: June 8, 2022 09:58

Hello,

Sorry if someone has already suggested this number, but is 'I Wanna Be Your Man' a contendah...resurrected from the 2012 shows?

Anyways, that cobblers aside- I'm beginning to feel a tad giddy at the idea of a couple of Stones days. Come on!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: June 8, 2022 11:12

Is the event in The Tia Hotel a ticket only affair ?

Date: June 8, 2022 11:15

woody
Is the event in The Tia Hotel a ticket only affair ?

Hi Woody,

I've tried ringing the TIA Hotel a few times and nobody answers...ghost town?

In short, no idea...glad I could help, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 8, 2022 11:42

Thanks, richie26188. I had forgot about Macca's tour...

Posted by: woody ()
Date: June 8, 2022 11:52

Ha Ha, l will give it a miss then.
Cheers simon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 11:56 by woody.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home