Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Liverpool UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 14:42

Room1009
No sign of Pit in the pre-sale yet.
And then literally one minute later it was there, so I now have a ticket for Pit A.
See you in Liverpool!

u got a link to the Pit tix sale please ?? Thx

Posted by: xpensivewino ()
Date: March 16, 2022 15:38

Managed to get two diamond pit B tickets earlier on presale.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 16, 2022 16:04

Is it just me or is there no pre-sale Pit B (I always go Keith's side!)?

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: March 18, 2022 10:56

My son-in-law runs a bar called 'Dough' over the road from the taxi rank at Lime Street railway station. Great vibe, good beer and cocktails. As others have said, Anfield is a residential area with limited facilities so best to fuel-up in the city centre before a taxi ride to the gig. The local people are amongst the friendliest you will find anywhere.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 18, 2022 15:05

Got 2 tickets Golden Circle. Happy days.
I am very impressed that so far no one has pointed out on this thread the high possibility that your car may well disappear whilst you enjoy the show. If one of the local “scallies” (local young men dressed in regulation tracksuit/trainers combo with an accent impenetrable to most humans) kindly offers to “mind your car Mister” he is not a friendly “scouser” offering a bespoke service but a young man starting our his long criminal career practising extortion 101. Please banish all thoughts of lovable mop tops from your minds. This advice is especially for any visiting Americans. Throw him a couple of quid (£ Sterling) and be on your way. Upon arrival at the stadium neighbourhood you will be met by levels of inner city decay thought not seen since the days of Charles Dickens. Don’t let this put you off that means you’re close. Enjoy the show!
Ps only joking Liverpudlians. Love from a Manc. See you there!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 18, 2022 18:18

Hello,

This morning’s mission was completed successfully, you’ll be thrilled to hear, hah-hah! Two LDs and also Squeeze for November. Result!

See you in row zz of The Kop!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 18, 2022 18:23

SimonN
Hello,

This morning’s mission was completed successfully, you’ll be thrilled to hear, hah-hah! Two LDs and also Squeeze for November. Result!

Cheers,

Simon.

I think the Main (Kenny Dalglish) Stand is even taller winking smiley I expect I'll see you in row ZZZ with most of the other dippers as well grinning smiley Apart from those and such as those who always seem to remarkably draw pits.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 18, 2022 19:16

grzegorz67
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

I think the Main (Kenny Dalglish) Stand is even taller winking smiley I expect I'll see you in row ZZZ with most of the other dippers as well grinning smiley Apart from those and such as those who always seem to remarkably draw pits.

Hi Gregor,

Top-stuff, hah-hah! Looking forward to it all, big-time…

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 18, 2022 22:17

colonial
richie26188
[twitter.com]

Only one i’ve seen has been posted on the LFC twitter account

richie26188 thumbs up

Not sure if that's their tour poster

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 19, 2022 00:15

SimonN
grzegorz67
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Gregor,

Top-stuff, hah-hah! Looking forward to it all, big-time…

Cheers,

Simon.

I was struggling to get enthusiastic about this tour after we lost Charlie. I’m warming to it a bit more now though. It’s just a habit! It’s like following a football team with ups and downs to moan (Hearts in my case), but still love nonetheless. It still won’t be the same without dear old Charlie though.

I’ve actually just booked a room in Liverpool for 3 nights around the show - it will be my 1st ever visit to the city at 55! I did the same in Manchester in 2018, and I pulled LD Pit Keith’s side at that show. I plan to do all the Beatles stuff. Ironic given the band I’m there to see smiling smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 19, 2022 15:50

Seems to have sold quite well - v limited tickets left on tm. Can’t wait for this

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 19, 2022 20:15

As it’s the one date outside of London you would expect strong sales.

Date: March 20, 2022 22:39

I'm flying in from NY with Lucky Dips! What's the best thing for a Stones tourist to do in Liverpool? Cavern Club? Anything else Stones related?

and

I've seen the Stones without Charlie and I was worried the first time that it might not be as good, but don't let that stop you because Steve J brings some new life into the band, and they sound great. Not the same. but still great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-20 22:42 by BitchKeepsBitchin.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 21, 2022 12:36

Unfortunately there’s not much Stones related in the city, naturally it’s littered with Beatles history. If you have a few days I’d recommend taking either the Magical Mystery tour or if you’d rather do it on a more personal level a private hire black taxi Beatles tour (Check trip advisor for further details). Both will take you to the outer boroughs of the city and visit iconic locations from Beatles songs (Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields. John & Pauls old houses etc). Well worth a few hours of your time.

If the weather is nice i’d also recommend taking the Ferry. It’s around 1 hour for a round trip from the pier head to a few locations and back again (Which is located opposite the liver buildings). Excellent views of the city

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 21, 2022 13:54

Highly recommend the Magical Mystery tour! Great way to see the sites..
[www.cavernclub.com]

Spent a few days in Liverpool when the Stones played Manchester in '18.
Not much Stones related... but lots of Stones fans around heading to the concert cool smiley

Date: March 21, 2022 15:25

BitchKeepsBitchin
I'm flying in from NY with Lucky Dips! What's the best thing for a Stones tourist to do in Liverpool? Cavern Club? Anything else Stones related?

and

I've seen the Stones without Charlie and I was worried the first time that it might not be as good, but don't let that stop you because Steve J brings some new life into the band, and they sound great. Not the same. but still great!

Hey....nothing Stones related as far as i am aware.

The Beatles Story museum is great, which is at the Albert Dock which is also really good with lots to see and do. Take the Ferry across The Mersey as its good fun and is accompanied by Gerry & The Pacemakers 1965 classic.

This is a good link to get you started. Enjoy your visit.... [www.visitliverpool.com]

Posted by: rubysunday ()
Date: March 21, 2022 17:09

BitchKeepsBitchin

When I visited in 2018, there was a space dedicated to the Rolling Stones on one of the walls inside the Cavern Club commemorating the date when they played there, with a big painting, a couple of guitars and framed record covers. There were also a few pieces of memorabilia from the 60s/70s and one of Bill Wyman's stage costumes on display at the British Music Experience museum.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 23, 2022 08:56

rubysunday
BitchKeepsBitchin

When I visited in 2018, there was a space dedicated to the Rolling Stones on one of the walls inside the Cavern Club commemorating the date when they played there, with a big painting, a couple of guitars and framed record covers. There were also a few pieces of memorabilia from the 60s/70s and one of Bill Wyman's stage costumes on display at the British Music Experience museum.

And of course there's John Lennon Airport that's one airport I'd love to check out. You know someone's made it when they've had an airport named after them

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: March 23, 2022 17:06

Hello Lady Jayne, could I please e-mail you privately? Paul Spendel ([email protected])

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 23, 2022 17:27

If you have a time, make your way to the Casbah Coffee House in West Derby right outside of the city center. It was the place for many Quarrymen concerts in 1959/60 and 35 Beatles gigs in 1961. The place is stilled owned by the Pete Best family, just as it was back then.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 23, 2022 19:11

Must see: Museum of Liverpool: [www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk]

Situated in the harbour area, a few minutes’ walk from Liverpool Dock, Beatles Story etc, within a stone’s throw from The Fab Four’s bronze monument.

It’s huge, all about Liverpool, the city’s history and culture. Quite a few Beatles-related items, including St Peter's Church Hall stage where John and Paul met for the first time in 1957. [www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk]

Search “Beatles” on the museum’s website and see.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-23 19:34 by RisingStone.

Posted by: OttoH ()
Date: March 31, 2022 23:12

Hi!

I will travel from Munich to Liverpool on monday. That’s my first time in the town so i have few days to look around and enjoy pint or two before the main day! All tips about restaurants and bars etc are welcomed! Hope we will see there!

-Otto

Date: May 2, 2022 16:34

.....only 38 days to the gig........not long at all....

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 5, 2022 03:41

Pit tickets are appearing “on and off” for liverpool on ticketmaster site.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 5, 2022 05:42

If Liverpool win 4 trophies this season, that Anfield gig will be special.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 5, 2022 12:22

Pit B available for Liverpool at the moment on AXS

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 5, 2022 12:26

Paddy
If Liverpool win 4 trophies this season, that Anfield gig will be special.
And they could offer a special designed shirt for this show.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 6, 2022 13:58

What's the parking situation like close to the ground or at the ground?Cheers

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2022 14:01

Anyone got pictures of the supposed Liverpool ad blitz that was mentioned?

Posted by: honkytonkskye ()
Date: May 9, 2022 12:18

Hey guys

I have 2 tickets x Diamond PIT A - Anfield Stadium 9th June 2022

Selling for face value. $1,300.00 AUD (Australian Dollars). We can no longer attend due to unforeseen circumstances.

Make me an offer smiling smiley
Skye

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home