Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: wyman bass on 81/82 tour
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2022 18:41

I watched The Quiet One again on Hulu. Bill said he saw the 1989/1990 tour as a finale. Go out on a high. He was so right. It was the coronation of the Stones as the greatest rock band ever. They included Ruby Tuesday, Paint it Black, and 2000 Light Years from home, songs they hadn't performed live for decades. (And 2000 had never been performed live).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 28, 2022 18:52

Of course he did. It was the last tour when he quit. I do have a feeling that the Mandy Smith affair had something to do with him quitting also. Even for The Rolling Stones it was a bit over the top.
As I remember he never gave a specific reason to why he left the band. Richards thought it was his fear of flying. Financially it was not the wiser of decisions. But I guess he had enough.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 1, 2022 02:06

Stoneage
Of course he did. It was the last tour when he quit. I do have a feeling that the Mandy Smith affair had something to do with him quitting also. Even for The Rolling Stones it was a bit over the top.
As I remember he never gave a specific reason to why he left the band. Richards thought it was his fear of flying. Financially it was not the wiser of decisions. But I guess he had enough.

Hey, metal detecting has grown beyond just a cottage industry!

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 1, 2022 02:44

One of the ways to hear Bill’s brilliance is on the long bootleg versions when they’re working out the tunes, especially the Some Girls era. These tracks go on for ages and Bill never wavers, always keeping it swinging, throwing in fresh bits.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 2, 2022 05:47

MartinB
micha063
More Hot Rocks
Spodlumt
"IMO Bill Wyman was the biggest loss in the Stones camp.'

So true, until Charlie died. They should just stop now.

Why? They still kick ass live. Millions of people love them and still see them in concert. There is nothing better.

I didn't expect it but their last tour was pretty good. They trusted in Steve Jordan and he made it on his personal way. The result was a powerfull sound.
They let themselves go and enjoyed it obviously. And this was not for sure. So they had the courage do go and try it. They had much to loose.

But its not not the same. I don't think anyone would claim they sound the same.

The Stones never said it was the same. That's just the gripe of an unhappy fan. Stop listening. Just like whatever AC/DC fans refuse to acknowledge the post-Bon Scott AC/DC.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 2, 2022 06:58

Stoneage

Wisest of decisions? Depends. You're in your mid-50s. You're looking at the final quarter of life. You've been doing the same job for 30 years. You got to do what you wanted. Got married and had a great family. You don't have to go on the Never Ending Greatest Hits Tours. Lives in a castle. He still gets Stones royalties from anything he played on. Perhaps a pension. Maybe you and I couldn't scrape by on the $80 Million he's estimated to be worth, but he's a penny pincher and manages.

Date: March 2, 2022 08:50

How would he know about the greatest hits tours? They started with the stadium shows on the Licks tour.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2022 09:15

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2022 09:27

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home