Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rerelease predictions for 2022?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 20, 2022 08:58

Not interested in anything post 1990. It was no longer the real Rolling Stones.

Date: January 20, 2022 09:04

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Expanded editions of Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang + a St. Louis 97-release will probably come out first (according to the 2018 press release).

A good part of Still Life was taken from the Hampton-shows, so I'm not so sure about that one.

4 songs, although I'm still curious as to what show the ending of LSTNT was taken from since the HAMPTON version ends differently.

Haha! The 'studio show', probably smiling smiley

Date: January 20, 2022 09:05

Justin
DandelionPowderman
Expanded editions of Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang + a St. Louis 97-release will probably come out first (according to the 2018 press release).

A good part of Still Life was taken from the Hampton-shows, so I'm not so sure about that one.

Dandy, I forget the press release. Was there a specific timeline to release those titles by?

No timeline, unfortunately.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 20, 2022 10:04

DandelionPowderman
Justin
DandelionPowderman

Dandy, I forget the press release. Was there a specific timeline to release those titles by?

The press release was in fact rather unspecific concerning a timeline and in part inacurate (mentioning "Atlanta" instead of "Atlantic City" for example) as far as I can recall, so I would not rule out that the Biggest Bang set it mentioned turned out as the Copacabana/Salt Lake City release already. Anyway, I can't image that we'll see another "Biggest Bang" set again in the near future (or even St. Louis '97 so soon after the Bremen and Buenos Aires BTB releases).
Any release in their 60th Anniversary year will have to be a bit more special than revisiting territory they exploited just fairly recently!

Date: January 20, 2022 11:45

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Justin
DandelionPowderman

The press release was in fact rather unspecific concerning a timeline and in part inacurate (mentioning "Atlanta" instead of "Atlantic City" for example) as far as I can recall, so I would not rule out that the Biggest Bang set it mentioned turned out as the Copacabana/Salt Lake City release already. Anyway, I can't image that we'll see another "Biggest Bang" set again in the near future (or even St. Louis '97 so soon after the Bremen and Buenos Aires BTB releases).
Any release in their 60th Anniversary year will have to be a bit more special than revisiting territory they exploited just fairly recently!

I hope you're right.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 20, 2022 12:03

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Justin
DandelionPowderman

I hope you're right.

me too

come on boys time to dig deep into them abcko vaultsgrinning smiley

Date: January 20, 2022 13:03

ProfessorWolf
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Justin
DandelionPowderman

I hope you're right.

me too

Well, let me say that I beg and pray that what I heard about inside talks about projects won't remain just talks. Keep you fingers crossed, too!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 20, 2022 13:34

It's time for El Mocambo + Paris '76. Both nights from the Toronto joint on CD and then 2 DVD's with the 6th and 7th of june 76 in a Super Deluxe big f**k-off box to end all other boxes!smileys with beer

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: January 20, 2022 14:04

The Double Door is probably the best sound source and video they could work with ad The Stones in a club......

Date: January 20, 2022 14:58

bradleycsocal
The Double Door is probably the best sound source and video they could work with ad The Stones in a club......

Or the Echoplex, perhaps?

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: January 20, 2022 16:02

It seems as if the tension is increasing more and more..

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 20, 2022 16:20

MadMax
It's time for El Mocambo + Paris '76. Both nights from the Toronto joint on CD and then 2 DVD's with the 6th and 7th of june 76 in a Super Deluxe big f**k-off box to end all other boxes!smileys with beer

Yes, yes! Take our money already, Mick!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 20, 2022 16:52

Is there no chronology involved in this? After Tattoo You Undercover would be the next one in line surely. Or is it all random?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 20, 2022 16:54

My prediction is the rerelease prediction thread grows larger than the new album for 2015., 2019, 2021, pick-a-year thread.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: January 20, 2022 19:20

Stoneage
Is there no chronology involved in this? After Tattoo You Undercover would be the next one in line surely. Or is it all random?

There is no order.

Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Goats Head Soup
Tattoo You

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 20, 2022 19:42

ProfessorWolf
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Justin
DandelionPowderman

I hope you're right.

me too

I just found out that Universal owns the rights to ABKCO . That is mind blowing to the possibilities of what can come from this ?

Date: January 21, 2022 08:47

TheGreek
I just found out that Universal owns the rights to ABKCO . That is mind blowing to the possibilities of what can come from this ?

No. Universal distributes ABKCO, but does not own them or the rights to the ABKCO catalog. ABKCO is still an independent company. Huge difference, because as a distributor Universal has no say in what ABKCO actually releases. Of course it means that the Stones catalog is not united just because ABKCO and Promotone have the same distributor.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:48

boogaloojef
Stoneage

There is no order.

Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Goats Head Soup
Tattoo You

Well all you really have left post ABKCO, is IORR, B&B and the 80s albums. You're not ever going to get rereleases of Voodoo Lounge, Bridges or can you imagine an expanded ABB?

So from the list of albums available, I think the most interesting would be Undercover...don't think they'd touch Dirty Work. MAYBE Steel Wheels, but probably not.

IORR is a possibility, but after the poor sales of Tattoo You I think this rerelease ship has sailed.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:53

There's a Hunky Dory/Ziggy box with lots of unreleased songs coming out this year.

And of course, The Who's Next/Lifehouse box too.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 22, 2022 00:36

treaclefingers
boogaloojef
Stoneage

There is no order.

Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Goats Head Soup
Tattoo You

Well all you really have left post ABKCO, is IORR, B&B and the 80s albums. You're not ever going to get rereleases of Voodoo Lounge, Bridges or can you imagine an expanded ABB?

So from the list of albums available, I think the most interesting would be Undercover...don't think they'd touch Dirty Work. MAYBE Steel Wheels, but probably not.

IORR is a possibility, but after the poor sales of Tattoo You I think this rerelease ship has sailed.

Wasn't the original idea to release only these five albums, which ofcourse Tattoo You was the last one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 00:36 by GJV.

Date: January 22, 2022 01:31

GJV
treaclefingers
boogaloojef
Stoneage

There is no order.

Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Goats Head Soup
Tattoo You

Wasn't the original idea to release only these five albums, which ofcourse Tattoo You was the last one?

Yes, of course. Apart from that, I don't see them doing any specific albums as deluxe versions in their anniversary year. It just doesn't fit the occasion. It needs to be something career-spanning.

So if I were them, I'd do something like this (in cooperation with ABKCO, of course):

60 Years White Edition - The Best Of The Rolling Stones
A compilation box set of 60 hits and choice album tracks

60 Years Black Edition - The Best Of The Rolling Stones Rarities & Leftovers
A compilation box set of 60 rarities (previously released) and outtakes (previously unreleased). Enough space for stuff like Everything's Turning To Gold, Exile On Main Street Blues, Through The Lonely Nights, Think I'm Going Mad and the like, but also for unreleased material like the Chess Outtakes, Go(d)zi, Panama Powder Room, Get Yourself Together, Blood Red Wine, Travellin' Man, Still A Fool, Potted Shrimps, CS Blues (well...the lyrics...probably never!), I Don't Know The Reason Why, Separately, Built That Way, Misty Roads, Putty In Your Hands and whatever else unreleased that does not require all too much work to finish.

Could also include material intended for the "new" album, in case they decide to abort it as a separate release. If that's not the case, of course, a separate release of:

The Rolling Stones - 60
the all new long awaited album

Plus: A tasty choice of previously unreleased and much desired live shows as downloads (that could be remodelled as physical releases at later points in time...)

Plus: A career-spanning promo video DVD/BlueRay

Plus: Celebratory live shows, of course. Wyman, Taylor...

Plus: The inevitable vast array of merchandise stuff...

This all would surely keep us happy for (at least) a year and happily part us from our hard-earned cash!

I'm not saying that they will do that, it's just what I would do if I were in their position.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 08:06 by retired_dog.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 22, 2022 02:24

I agree that would be excellent choices to release, but unfortunately they never give us what we realy want.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2022 06:18

24FPS
Not interested in anything post 1990. It was no longer the real Rolling Stones.

Oh.

Ok.

Bye!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2022 06:31

treaclefingers
boogaloojef
Stoneage

There is no order.

Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Goats Head Soup
Tattoo You

CD sales are on the rise. People are getting back into the album experience, be it vinyl or CD.

So maybe TY deluxe will eventually sell a few more.

But a deluxe UNDERCOVER?

Count one sale right here!

Alas, IORR, BAB, ER and anything from 1983 onward won't get a deluxe. They blew the ER 40th.

What, they gonna do all of them? They've done the ones that matter the most.

Perhaps in 2034, when a majority of the entire Stones fan base is, basically, too old to care or dead, will UMG, then owned by... Google, oops, I mean Alphabet+, reissue VOODOO with 3 bonus discs and MEMORY HOTEL as well as finally reissue NO SECURITY.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home