Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones Albums vs. Beatles Albums Discussion [PART I]
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 19, 2021 01:49

Love this early clip of the boys mocking/singing some Beatles tunes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Here’s Keith backstage with the rest of The Rolling Stones singing some Beatles songs:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2021 04:33

ProfessorWolf
Rockman
The UK albums tower over the US releases ...
More tracks too ...

as a american your right they do

especially aftermarth and between the buttons

but i prefer the us versions of the beatles albums

When I was young I didn't know there was a difference. I forget when I figured it out. I'm used to the US releases but over the years have taken a bigger liking to the UK LPs because of context of the singles - which were on the US albums.

Of course from MAJESTIES onward that's not the case. When I listen to the UK BUTTONS it makes me think the US version is a bit awkward because Let's Spend The Night Together and Ruby Tuesday actually sound out of place with the rest of the album.

It's still brilliant that BEGGARS and BLEED did not have the big singles of their years on them. Which gives the hits comps more weight and why nothing after HOT ROCKS seems to matter anywhere near as much regarding their 1960s catalogue.

Obviously PLEASE PLEASE ME is the more significant album in regard to hits. Both albums are excellent but I'm going with The Beatles.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: December 19, 2021 16:02

Note : all date and album refered in my post are UK based.

Despite being both first band album, PPM is already one year older than Rolling Stones one.

In April 1964, the Beatles had already two albums out and AHDN was to be issued in July of the same year.

These two records have not that much in common, they are on different territories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-19 16:03 by ds1984.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home