Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Charlie Watts tribute - London, December 6
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 7, 2021 16:43

thumbs up

Re: Private Show in London, December 6?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 7, 2021 16:48

Topi
Yes.

think i see ronnie behind tom and steve

Date: December 7, 2021 16:49

ProfessorWolf
Topi
Yes.

Indeed.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 7, 2021 16:53

ProfessorWolf

Large picture: [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 7, 2021 17:06

respect

thnx for posting

RIP Charlie

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: December 7, 2021 17:07

Gazza
JDSAM1994
What about Mick Taylor? Or did he get the usual Rolling Stones shaft

What has it got to do with the Stones? They didnt organise the event. Charlie's daughter and granddaughter did.

What has Mick Taylor to do with the Stones.. and or their family.. Everything because he was a member once. I remember a picture were Mick Taylor walked with Charlie's daughter and / or granddaughter when he played in Holland (pinkpop) with the Stones. They went along very well.

Date: December 7, 2021 17:25

Irix
ProfessorWolf

Large picture: [www.Facebook.com] .

yep that is definetly ronnie

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:14

TheflyingDutchman
Gazza
JDSAM1994

What has it got to do with the Stones? They didnt organise the event. Charlie's daughter and granddaughter did.

What has Mick Taylor to do with the Stones.. and or their family.. Everything because he was a member once. I remember a picture were Mick Taylor walked with Charlie's daughter and / or granddaughter when he played in Holland (pinkpop) with the Stones. They went along very well.

What he means is that it was organised by Charlie's family, and they, not "the Stones" were doing the inviting. We don't know who was invited or why anyone who wasn't there, didn't come, and frankly it's none of our business.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:33

TheflyingDutchman
Gazza
JDSAM1994

Well that doesn't guarantee an invite by the family to this event...does it? A walk with the granddaughter 8 or 9 years ago?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:37

Green Lady

What he means is that it was organised by Charlie's family, and they, not "the Stones" were doing the inviting. We don't know who was invited or why anyone who wasn't there, didn't come, and frankly it's none of our business.

Agree 100%, now stop calling me frankly (sorry I have to say that every time I see that word)

Sure they worked together 50 years ago, but it doesnt mean they maintained a personal relationship too That could be on Mick T for all we know. Or maybe he WAS invited and just didn’t go. The comment that Mick T got the shaft is annoying. some people are always looking for a conspiracy

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:41

Date: December 7, 2021 18:46

Keith wore a dapper suit for his good friend! Lovely!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-07 18:46 by CindyC.

Date: December 7, 2021 18:50

Nice to see Keith in a suit - he wears it well.

Date: December 7, 2021 18:51

wow thank you rodger

what a lovely picture of a picture of charlie and festive too

gonna make my background

keith looks good without a beanie

and what the hell is ronnie wearing on his hands

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:52

Photos: Dave Charity

TRIBUTE ACT Rolling Stones stars reunite for bandmate Charlie Watts celebration in London – four months after drummer died aged 80

Simon Cosyns

7 Dec 2021

THE Rolling Stones took the stage for an impromptu jam last night to celebrate the life of fallen bandmate Charlie Watts.

They gathered at the drummer’s favourite jazz club, Ronnie Scott’s, in the heart of London’s Soho.

The Watts family had invited his closest friends, fellow musicians and extended family to the intimate event which followed his death on August 24th aged 80.

On an emotional night, Mick Jagger attended with partner Melanie Hamrick, Keith Richards with wife Patti Hansen and Ronnie Wood with wife Sally.

The three core Stones members gave heartfelt renditions of R&B classics Shame Shame Shame and Down The Road Apiece, the latter first appearing on their second album in 1965.

Also present but not performing was original bassist Bill Wyman who left the band in 1993. He was there with wife Suzanne Accosta to make it a special reunion for Charlie.

TV host and piano whizz Jools Holland compered the evening and led the house band.

This included Dave Green, Watts’ close friend from childhood and bass player in many of his jazz bands down the years.

He was joined by fellow members of their outfit, The ABC & D Of Boogie Woogie, Ben Waters and Axel Zwingenberger.

Stones’ sax player Tim Ries played a tune he composed for the evening, Blues For Charlie, and this was followed by Lisa Fischer singing Trouble in Mind.

Then she was joined by Bernard Fowler, a long-time Stones guest vocalist, to duet on another gospel song, Up Above My Head.

But the final act of the evening was Mick, Keith and Ronnie singing, “Well there's a place you really get your kicks/It's open every night about twelve to six.”

And of course, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. RIP Charlie Watts.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:00

ProfessorWolf

what a lovely picture of a picture of charlie

Large picture (5968x4747px)

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:05

Gazza
JDSAM1994

I think he was in the band during their golden era that’s all

Date: December 7, 2021 19:07

Irix
ProfessorWolf

what a lovely picture of a picture of charlie

Large picture (5968x4747px)

thank you irix

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:09

bye bye johnny

Photos: Dave Charity

TRIBUTE ACT Rolling Stones stars reunite for bandmate Charlie Watts celebration in London – four months after drummer died aged 80

Simon Cosyns

7 Dec 2021

THE Rolling Stones took the stage for an impromptu jam last night to celebrate the life of fallen bandmate Charlie Watts.

They gathered at the drummer’s favourite jazz club, Ronnie Scott’s, in the heart of London’s Soho.

The Watts family had invited his closest friends, fellow musicians and extended family to the intimate event which followed his death on August 24th aged 80.

On an emotional night, Mick Jagger attended with partner Melanie Hamrick, Keith Richards with wife Patti Hansen and Ronnie Wood with wife Sally.

The three core Stones members gave heartfelt renditions of R&B classics Shame Shame Shame and Down The Road Apiece, the latter first appearing on their second album in 1965.

Also present but not performing was original bassist Bill Wyman who left the band in 1993. He was there with wife Suzanne Accosta to make it a special reunion for Charlie.

TV host and piano whizz Jools Holland compered the evening and led the house band.

This included Dave Green, Watts’ close friend from childhood and bass player in many of his jazz bands down the years.

He was joined by fellow members of their outfit, The ABC & D Of Boogie Woogie, Ben Waters and Axel Zwingenberger.

Stones’ sax player Tim Ries played a tune he composed for the evening, Blues For Charlie, and this was followed by Lisa Fischer singing Trouble in Mind.

Then she was joined by Bernard Fowler, a long-time Stones guest vocalist, to duet on another gospel song, Up Above My Head.

But the final act of the evening was Mick, Keith and Ronnie singing, “Well there's a place you really get your kicks/It's open every night about twelve to six.”

And of course, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. RIP Charlie Watts.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"The drummer cat's a man they call Charlie..."

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:09

CindyC
Green Lady

Agree 100%, now stop calling me frankly (sorry I have to say that every time I see that word)

Sure they worked together 50 years ago, but it doesnt mean they maintained a personal relationship too That could be on Mick T for all we know. Or maybe he WAS invited and just didn’t go. The comment that Mick T got the shaft is annoying. some people are always looking for a conspiracy

Mick Taylor getting the shaft over the years is far from a conspiracy. Where have ya been?

Date: December 7, 2021 19:24

Green Lady
TheflyingDutchman
Gazza
JDSAM1994

I think it's none of your business me asking it. It would have been great to see the entire band being there. Even Bill was there. What a pity no pictures of all the members and ex members.

Date: December 7, 2021 19:34

JDSAM1994
CindyC
Green Lady

Mick Taylor getting the shaft over the years is far from a conspiracy. Where have ya been?

Regarding not getting invited to this event it is.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:37

CindyC
Green Lady

I agree with frankly.

Date: December 7, 2021 19:40

MisterDDDD

I agree with frankly.

Thank you Shirley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:47

Im happy to hear they did this.
Gold rings on you all!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 7, 2021 19:48

Great to hear Lisa made the trip and performed..
Would love to see footage of this if it exists and the family approved.

So glad they were able to all be able to do this for Charlie and the family.

I don't think anyone could have scripted a better way for them to honor Charle by doing so at each show this tour and wrapping up with this.
Bravo!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 7, 2021 20:08

Rolling Stones Honor Charlie Watts at Secret London Club

Jaggers, Richards, and Ronnie Wood honored Watts by playing the R&B standards “Shame, Shame, Shame” and “Down the Road Apiece”

By Andy Greene
December 7, 2021

The Rolling Stones No Filter 2021 tour technically ended Nov. 23 at the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida, but Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, and the several members of their touring band quietly came together Dec. 7 at the tiny London club Ronnie Scott’s to honor Charlie Watts with a special tribute show.

Jagger, Richards, and Wood were joined by former Stones bassist Bill Wyman, drummer Steve Jordan, background singers Bernard Flowers and Lisa Fischer, saxophonist Tim Ries, bassist Dave Green, pianists Ben Waters, Axel Zwingenberger, and Jools Holland, who led the house band for the evening.

The set featured Ries’ original tune “Blues dor Charlie,” and Fischer singing lead on “Trouble in Mind” before she was joined by Fowler for the gospel classic “Up Above My Head.” It ended with Jagger, Richards, and Wood joining many of the performers from the evening for the R&B classics “Shame, Shame, Shame” and “Down the Road Apiece.” Both songs were in the Stones’ repertoire during their early days on the U.K. club circuit and hadn’t been played in many years. (According to reports, Wyman didn’t play with his former bandmates.)

The event was limited to about 200 people and attendees were strongly discouraged from taking photos or video, although a private photographer was reportedly present.

It was hosted by Charlie’s granddaughter Charlotte and others members of the Watts family. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Steve Jordan said they sent him a private message shortly before his first gig with the Stones. “It said they were sending their support,” Jordan said. “Not only did I have support from my wife Meegan Voss, but to get the message from the family saying they were behind me and to go and get it … this was basically an hour or less before the show. That meant the world to me at that time. That’s when I felt, ‘OK, let’s go.'”

There are widespread rumors about the Stones touring Europe next year to celebrate their 60th anniversary, but nothing is confirmed. “As a Stones fan, I would say you have to do a 60th-anniversary tour,” Jordan said. “But they have to really see how they feel about it knowing that their mate of 59 years is not going to be with them. It’s not that easy a decision, in my view.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2021 20:25

TheflyingDutchman
Gazza
JDSAM1994

Then unless anyone seriously believes that the Stones only agreed to turn up on the condition that Taylor didnt, I'd suggest they take up his non appearance up with Charlie's family

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-07 20:26 by Gazza.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 7, 2021 20:27

rogerriffin

The youngest of'em all ! Cool Looking Bill thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 7, 2021 20:27

Lurvly to know they did this for Charlie

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home