Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Final - Will be London
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 5, 2021 16:25

I've been talking with some of England's biggest event promoters/organizers, if you need verification, then the Formula One providers at Silverstone will be able to verify the claim.

The talk is that it is over as a Touring entity from a Corporate point of view, The Organization via the Stakeholders has ceased as a "Virtual Corporation" as Mick famously named it. No forward contracts, everyone is Free Lance as of Dec 1.

It may gear up for a final fling as "The English Say" but Ladies and Gentlemen, you saw the last U.S. Tour.

Re: The Final - Will be London
Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: December 5, 2021 17:15

I thought I remember Mick in an interview awhile back state that each tour now was set up as a virtual corporation and when each tour wrapped up, the virtual corp. for that tour also basically ended too. So, maybe the closing out of this segment of the No Filter tour/ virtual corp. does not necessarily mean it is over.... I am just a major fan and one who is definitely NOT in the know on these things. So, you may and probably do have much more 'inside' info. than me. I'm just trying to keep hope ... and the Rolling Stones alive!

Jimmer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 5, 2021 17:19

SKILLS
I've been talking with some of England's biggest event promoters/organizers, if you need verification, then the Formula One providers at Silverstone will be able to verify the claim.

The talk is that it is over as a Touring entity from a Corporate point of view, The Organization via the Stakeholders has ceased as a "Virtual Corporation" as Mick famously named it. No forward contracts, everyone is Free Lance as of Dec 1.

It may gear up for a final fling as "The English Say" but Ladies and Gentlemen, you saw the last U.S. Tour.

I'm not having a go at you now but didn't Robert Kraft say something similar in the autumn of 2016?

The Boston Herald published that Robert Kraft would have mentioned that this (his) show was going to be legendary as it was possibly going to be the last show in the US ever.

We'll see I guess, things have changed of course since then, not least their ages........hmmm....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 5, 2021 17:20

Jimmer

I thought I remember Mick in an interview awhile back state that each tour now was set up as a virtual corporation and when each tour wrapped up, the virtual corp. for that tour also basically ended too.

Similar to Charlie, who left the Band after every Tour ....

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 5, 2021 17:52

The Stones exist only when they are onstage and sometimes not even then

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 5, 2021 18:27

i'm sorry but if there done as a touring band why are they reportedly booking festival dates next year in france?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 5, 2021 19:35

Jimmer
I thought I remember Mick in an interview awhile back state that each tour now was set up as a virtual corporation and when each tour wrapped up, the virtual corp. for that tour also basically ended too. So, maybe the closing out of this segment of the No Filter tour/ virtual corp. does not necessarily mean it is over.... I am just a major fan and one who is definitely NOT in the know on these things. So, you may and probably do have much more 'inside' info. than me. I'm just trying to keep hope ... and the Rolling Stones alive!

Jimmer

This.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: December 5, 2021 19:56

Unless the pandemic or the passing of Charlie has changed things, Mick and Keith have never been the ones to put final dates on things.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 5, 2021 19:57

???????
bv any comment?

Date: December 5, 2021 20:45

kkhoranstoned

???????

"you saw the last U.S. Tour" - yes, for 2021.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2021 22:02

That's right. They raise and fold a new corporate tent with every tour. I think Mick has been at this long enough to know what he's doing. Did they even use a corporate sponsor this time around? I didn't notice any.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 5, 2021 22:06

"Alliance for Lifetime Income" was the corporate sponsor, a match made in heaven

Date: December 5, 2021 22:50

24FPS

Did they even use a corporate sponsor this time around?

The Rolling Stones, 25-Nov-2021: "Many thanks to our sponsor Alliance for Lifetime Income who joined us on the tour from St. Louis to Austin!" - [Twitter.com] .

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 6, 2021 00:14

I think Rupert lowenstien set up this model new entity based in ? The Netherland opened and closed for every tour. He talks about it in his book Prince Among Stones. I think Mick learned a lot from him.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 6, 2021 00:52

Nikkei
"Alliance for Lifetime Income" was the corporate sponsor, a match made in heaven

Wow. It just rolls off the tongue. Jovan, Budweiser, I can see it. A certain connection to sex and rock and roll. Alliance for Lifetime Income, ooohhhh, the danger.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2021 01:00

I've no doubt the final will be in London. I'm just not too sure it'll be next year. A lotta rollin' could still happen before we see a finale.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 6, 2021 01:45

When it ends, there will be no official announcement. Just talk of "was this the last tour"..."will there be a new album" as the months and years go by. Which is where we are at. Just a hunch.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 6, 2021 02:17

shadooby
When it ends, there will be no official announcement. Just talk of "was this the last tour"..."will there be a new album" as the months and years go by. Which is where we are at. Just a hunch.

To me, hopefully that is the way! To attend a declared final concert for the Rolling Stones, I would have experienced as being present at the funeral for the band! Pain and sorrow suppressing all joy!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 6, 2021 02:24

This discussions started in 1973............I'll just wait and see.............

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 6, 2021 08:05

shadooby

The press/media have really hyped up the 2021 NO FILTER tour, going on and on and on about, of course, their age with the ridiculous headline titles like Satisfaction Rockers... and all that terrible pandering.

No matter when, the headlines will say 'This Was The Last Time For The Rolling Stones' after...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home