Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thoughts on TY Deluxe and a new album
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 24, 2021 13:13

We've all been waiting for the long announced new Stones album. In the meantime we've got deluxe versions of GHS and TY incl. "new songs", at least they've been released officially by now.
in the past, Mick and Keith both often argued that certain songs need to mature until a certain time to get released. That happened quite a few times ... TY is the perfect example. But, obviously, they forgot about this process.

After listening to the TY "lost and found" songs, I was wondering why the Stones didn't use some of those tracks for a new album. They had worked on them anyway, hence ... Any thoughts on that?

Re: Thoughts on TY Deluxe and a new album
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 24, 2021 13:49

Whether the results are any good will be a matter of opinion but I have a feeling Jagger at least did a lot of music during lockdown. Besides GHS and Tattoo he mentioned that he finished some of the new tracks. He even quickly wrote and recorded the song with David Grohl. Didn’t he, Charlie and Ronnie lay some more new tracks down in April/May once he returned to London? I would venture to say that hour wise he probably spent more time working on music than he has in years.

Re: Thoughts on TY Deluxe and a new album
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2021 22:12

I would venture to say that hour wise he probably spent more time working on music than he has in years.

No real proof yet
but hey YEAH ya get that kinda feeeeeeeeeeling

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home