Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Affair about Rolling Stones tickets: Hamburg North District Chief Rösler in court
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 10, 2021 12:09

Affair about Rolling Stones tickets: Hamburg North District Chief Rösler in court

Status: 10.11.2021 10:26 a.m. (by NDR Public German Radio & TV)

It has been more than four years since the Rolling Stones played in Hamburg's Stadtpark. The most important process in the ticket affair began on Wednesday - including against the former district office manager Harald Rösler.

A total of four men have to sit in the dock in the Hamburg district court. Including Rösler, the then head of the Hamburg-Nord district office. The accusation: corruption and unfaithfulness, because Rösler demanded and is said to have received 300 purchase and 100 free tickets for the concert from the organizer. In return, he is said to have met him with the fees for the use of the area in the city park.

The city is said to have lost about 400,000 EUR

At its core is the accusation of political corruption: For the public prosecutor, there is a connection between the free tickets and the approval of the concert in the city park. Because actually the organizers of the Rolling Stones concert would have had to pay significantly more for the use of the city park. At least that's what the city's fee schedule says, the prosecutors believe. Hamburg lost around 400,000 EUR.

Rösler is said to have given the illegally obtained free tickets to 40 employees to thank them for their work. In addition, friends of the house would have been able to purchase tickets from the purchase card contingent. More than 80,000 fans came to the city park for the Rolling Stones concert on September 9, 2017.

For Rösler, the pension is also at stake

In addition to Rösler, his former deputy in the district office and two responsible concert promoters take their places in the dock. The most at stake is for Rösler. If convicted, he is also threatened with jail time - and he must expect the city to cancel his pension. Rösler was in the public service for around 50 years.

[www.ndr.de]

pic (c) by Günter Trommer

Re: Affair about Rolling Stones tickets: Hamburg North District Chief Rösler in court
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: November 10, 2021 12:38

As badly organised as this event was, I can only guess that the officials did not do their jobs properly. They were excited and happy to have the Stones in the Park and couldn't care less about public safety and sufficient facilities.

I do hope both the local promoter and others involved go to jail.

Re: Affair about Rolling Stones tickets: Hamburg North District Chief Rösler in court
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 10, 2021 13:26

Corruption in local politics? I'm shocked!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 10, 2021 13:44

Papo
As badly organised as this event was, I can only guess that the officials did not do their jobs properly. They were excited and happy to have the Stones in the Park and couldn't care less about public safety and sufficient facilities.

Dude they're not on trial for how it was organized but for using tickets as bribes. Don't go overboard

Date: November 10, 2021 21:00

Yes, but with bribery involved, for me it is very likely that they let the local promoter get away with a very badly organized concert,

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 10, 2021 21:22

Papo
Yes, but with bribery involved, for me it is very likely that they let the local promoter get away with a very badly organized concert,

well, bad organization is just bad organization but it's not a crime while bribery is one

Date: November 10, 2021 21:25

It is my impression that during this event, some German laws, installed after the Love Parade tragedy in 2010, were broken by the organizers of this event.
Plus, nearly all local staff on site where absolutely clueless.
Luckily, nothing bad happened.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:10

Stones Affair: Tickets for the Anti-Corruption Officer

Status: 23.11.2021 2:51 p.m.(by NDR Public German Radio & TV)

Second day of trial before the Hamburg district court in the Rolling Stones free ticket affair: The testimony of the anti-corruption officer of the Hamburg-North district office, who himself accepted two free tickets, was eagerly awaited.

"That's good news": That is how the anti-corruption officer reacted in 2017 to the fact that the accused district office manager Harald Rösler distributed free tickets for the Rolling Stones concert among the employees. The presiding judge left no doubt on Tuesday what he thought of it: "Has anything stirred in your stomach area?", he wanted to know from the anti-corruption officer. A question the man avoided.

In his capacity of anti-corruption officer, he had no objection to the district office receiving 100 free tickets for the Rolling Stones concert. The government official has already accepted a penalty order for his free tickets and paid 13,000 EUR.

Another Court Case for Rösler?

His former boss, the former district office manager Harald Rösler, may have to prepare for further court proceedings. The public prosecutor's office is also investigating him because the district office has received free tickets for the Hamburg Sports Hall Arena over many years - an average of 30 tickets for each concert.

Charge: Corruption and Infidelity

Four men are charged in the Rolling Stones affair. In addition to Rösler, the former head of the Hamburg-North district office, his former deputy in the district office and two employees of the concert promoter are also on trial. Rösler is charged with bribery and infidelity, among other things. He is said to have demanded and received from the organizer 300 purchase tickets and 100 free tickets for the concert. In return, he is accused to have accommodated the promoter with reduced fees for the use of the great meadow area in the Stadtpark city park.

The city is said to have lost more than 400,000 EUR

At the core of the indictment is the allegation of political corruption: According to the public prosecutor, there is a relation between the free tickets and the approval of the concert in the Stadtpark city park. Because actually the organizers of the Rolling Stones concert would have had to pay significantly more for the use of the city park. As per the city's fee schedule, Hamburg lost 436,000 EUR, the prosecutors believe.

[www.ndr.de]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:30

Nikkei
Papo

Dude they're not on trial for how it was organized but for using tickets as bribes. Don't go overboard

You'd have to admit, this is totally decadent!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 24, 2021 19:08

Tsk Tsk , this doesn't happen ? I am outraged -as if

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home