Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Austin show live updates - Saturday 20-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 22, 2021 01:49

Rockman
Yeah theyve turned inta sing-a-longs .....
Get back to R&B garage grinders .... Keep the pistons pushin

From your keyboard to their ears. Maybe send Keith a fax?

drwatts
The Stones have always had some dodgy shows. Ever heard the first night of 81 tour?

Good ol’ sloppy rock and roll. Love it. Wishing those suggesting they pack it in tell us how many shows they’ve seen recently. I managed 3 this year and wish it had been double that. Thankful for Green Lady and others who made it possible to follow along on line.

Re: Austin show live updates - Saturday 20-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2021 01:58

Maybe send Keith a fax?

Okay I will .... The Black Bone Tapes .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:01

BeastyBurdeny
They were nothing short of electric in Vegas. I was amazed and would be surprised if they stopped touring because of a few off nights. Let's be thankful they pulled off this leg of the tour, which seemed an impossible task 6 months ago, and let them rest post-tour/call the shots on what they should or shouldn't do.

Agreed. We were there. That was a good one. I would much rather trust the opinion of someone who did the tour or at least 6 or 8 shows. Those watching streams and youtube videos or went to one show only got a snapshot.

Maybe two 6 to 8 show mini tours a few months apart would work better. Face it they have been on the road about 3 months counting rehearsals.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:10

ok so keith is playing bad on one song that he always plays bad on anyways and frankly has rarely sounded good on in the last 20 years but the solution is they call it quits and not drop the song keith can't play anymore

ok

and as to whether this is the end mick has already hinted at touring in europe next year
and there are lot of reports about venues being booked and the predictions from last summer of them playing to half empty stadiums never materialized and there making money hand over fist selling incredibly over priced tickets that people still buy like there new iphones there not gonna stop till there unable to make money and fill stadiums or until mick and keith are dead or in to much pain to perform notice i didn't say perform well

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:16

daspyknows
BeastyBurdeny
They were nothing short of electric in Vegas. I was amazed and would be surprised if they stopped touring because of a few off nights. Let's be thankful they pulled off this leg of the tour, which seemed an impossible task 6 months ago, and let them rest post-tour/call the shots on what they should or shouldn't do.

Agreed. We were there. That was a good one. I would much rather trust the opinion of someone who did the tour or at least 6 or 8 shows. Those watching streams and youtube videos or went to one show only got a snapshot.

Maybe two 6 to 8 show mini tours a few months apart would work better. Face it they have been on the road about 3 months counting rehearsals.

yup that's my postion as well that would seem be the way they could continue to perform in there early eighties

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:38

drwatts
lovingcup22
drwatts
pftw04
I feel Hollywood Bowl will be there last. Do not feel 60th anniversary will happen. A new album maybe. The gas has gone
Haha, people have been saying that since the 60s...

They have, except now it's true. The Stones now need to do occasional shows, not tours. Keith is out of it a lot during shows looking very tired.
The Stones have always had some dodgy shows. Ever heard the first night of 81 tour?

True enough, but many opening shows of various tours throughout the years have had that sloppiness - San Diego '15 comes to mind which was as sloppy as can be.
But here they are nearing the end of a mini-tour where they should be a well-oiled machine, but instead the obvious glaring mistakes are happening more often than not.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:41

BeastyBurdeny

Here here!

They were the same in Detroit, if not better

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:49

Rockman
There ya go take it from Beasty .. someone who was there

But dont worry ya can bet ya bottom dollar
that the neg boys will find a way ta put them down ....

Oh no, not this neg boys vs. fan boys dispute again...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:52

retired_dog
Rockman
There ya go take it from Beasty .. someone who was there

But dont worry ya can bet ya bottom dollar
that the neg boys will find a way ta put them down ....

Oh no, not this neg boys vs. fan boys dispute again...

Lol, we'll get back to complaining about/cheering about the setlist after a few words from our sponsors, folks.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 22, 2021 02:56

daspyknows
BeastyBurdeny

We'll be having the same convo on here after the euro shows next year, as long as they stay healthy and are still keen to tour.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 22, 2021 03:17

I saw Charlotte and Atlanta - enjoyed both very much and got to several songs for the 1st time (for me):

Trouble's A-Coming
Ghost Town
She's A Rainbow
19Th Nervous

and Shattered - which I hadn't seen since 1981.

The playing and sound were great (not flawless), but was sure glad I was there.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 22, 2021 03:28

Elmo Lewis
I saw Charlotte and Atlanta - enjoyed both very much and got to several songs for the 1st time (for me):

Trouble's A-Coming
Ghost Town
She's A Rainbow
19Th Nervous

and Shattered - which I hadn't seen since 1981.

The playing and sound were great (not flawless), but was sure glad I was there.

Yeah, I think that's most important!

And in case of an official live album, any flaws can be dealt with - by overdubbing or, even simpler, use of better versions from other shows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 22, 2021 05:02

daspyknows
BeastyBurdeny

Agree with all of this.

This tour, and how well it, and the band, has done from the start, is phenomenal in the true sense of the word. Even the timing of it was brilliant.
Just a fantastic, triumphant, tour is how this one goes in the books.

And Vegas was electric!! Loved it.
Nice meeting you there daspy, and really enjoying the discs smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 22, 2021 05:55

Those CDS are fantastic, daspy.

True, I think you had to be there at a number of shows to judge the tour fairly.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 22, 2021 10:29

Start me up: maybe this is the perfect live version.
Not too fast or slow. Not too forced.Every instrument is perfect, especially Steve and Darryl.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-22 10:34 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 22, 2021 11:25

KRiffhard
Not too fast or slow. Not too forced.Every instrument is perfect, especially Steve and Darryl.
[youtu.be]
I agree. They are not rushing through it like on many live versions, but it has that dancy, bouncy feel of the original recording. Steve's drums play a big part in it.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 22, 2021 13:59

I would love to shake Steve Jordan's hand for all of the great work he's done on this tour. His presence made it possible!

Date: November 22, 2021 14:43

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

And, despite all the criticism, Keith's playing was very good on this one.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 22, 2021 15:22

Shawn20
I would love to shake Steve Jordan's hand for all of the great work he's done on this tour. His presence made it possible!

thumbs up

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 22, 2021 16:35

They need a setlist that incorporates the entire band on most songs. All Down the Line sounded great with Jordan pushing the pace and the horn section filling in the gaps. Same with Before They Make Me Run, TD and HTW.

Look forward to seeing them in 2022 wherever that may be.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: November 22, 2021 17:01

It was an adventurous journey for three nights, coming from Vienna, Austria to see the the stones. For me good stones concert is a concert with at least one magical moment. In Austin, there were several. Sometimes they seemed to be so fragile, and then they just shined in great feel and musicality. For example MR. There were parts they seemed to fall apart, loosing the goal. An then you have the heavy harmonica guitarpart. The three of them centerstage...then almost falling apart again. Then you have that @#$%& great bluesrockgaragebandsolo from Ronnie...the guy who had (has) serious cancer. Tears came into my eyes, witnessing such musicaly loose and human greatness. I think that was my 25th concert, beginning 1982 in Vienna. They still touch my heart and are inspiring me every time, especially the last 8 years. Thank you Stones, thank you Charlie

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 22, 2021 19:06

wolundamo
It was an adventurous journey for three nights, coming from Vienna, Austria to see the the stones. For me good stones concert is a concert with at least one magical moment. In Austin, there were several. Sometimes they seemed to be so fragile, and then they just shined in great feel and musicality. For example MR. There were parts they seemed to fall apart, loosing the goal. An then you have the heavy harmonica guitarpart. The three of them centerstage...then almost falling apart again. Then you have that @#$%& great bluesrockgaragebandsolo from Ronnie...the guy who had (has) serious cancer. Tears came into my eyes, witnessing such musicaly loose and human greatness. I think that was my 25th concert, beginning 1982 in Vienna. They still touch my heart and are inspiring me every time, especially the last 8 years. Thank you Stones, thank you Charlie

I live in Germany and have seen them about 25 times since 1982.
An d I can easy understand, what you are talking about.
Great to read stories like this!
Great, the Stones have the power and courage dtill to go out on stage. And of course this is not to be ment a perfect event.
Your words describe very well, what an experience with the Stones can be

Thank You!

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: November 22, 2021 19:21

Thank you micha

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 22, 2021 19:28

They sent me an email saying to put your parking space letter in your waze app and it would give you directions.
Of course I put in “H” the $200 parking even though I had a $30 pass, sure enough it took us down a back road to a side entrance and at 6 o’clock I was pulling up next to gate 1.
I went a step further and parked in lot H thinking they would make me leave but they never checked my pass, just waved me into a space- thank you!
Show was good, no reason to get overly dramatic. You guys will see them in Europe next year and they’ll kick ass like always.
If you saw the video clip from awhile back of Keith going to the drum riser, taking a hit off a smoke and him and Jordan start laughing you probably figured out Keith is on the weed.
It’s not his age making him blank for a second, when I smoke that shit I forget what I’m saying in the middle of a sentence.
band is fine, on to Europe.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 22, 2021 19:52

lem motlow
They sent me an email saying to put your parking space letter in your waze app and it would give you directions.
Of course I put in “H” the $200 parking even though I had a $30 pass, sure enough it took us down a back road to a side entrance and at 6 o’clock I was pulling up next to gate 1.
I went a step further and parked in lot H thinking they would make me leave but they never checked my pass, just waved me into a space- thank you!
Show was good, no reason to get overly dramatic. You guys will see them in Europe next year and they’ll kick ass like always.
If you saw the video clip from awhile back of Keith going to the drum riser, taking a hit off a smoke and him and Jordan start laughing you probably figured out Keith is on the weed.
It’s not his age making him blank for a second, when I smoke that shit I forget what I’m saying in the middle of a sentence.

Thanks for clarification, although his behaviour is more consistent with a few shots of Vodka, but that's just my inexperienced opinion winking smiley

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: November 22, 2021 20:11

lem motlow

Taking advantage of the sheer incompetence of COTA; well played. smileys with beer

Glad you enjoyed the show…

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 22, 2021 20:32

lem motlow

It's simply like this.
When I remember the time, when I was still smokinh weed, I see myself lost in space and time. It's defenitly not easy to concentrate, when you're stoned... And playing music, when I was stoned was a great experience for me but I think it mostly wasn't for the listeners.
But I did have some great ideas, when I did have a joint...
One was defenetly good and made me worki g on a great project. But that's a long time ago...
And I don't smoke anymore...
Let's get ready for the next Stones summer.
Well let's hope so...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2021 21:52

It appears this Austin go round had none of the magic of the Zilker Park concert. But I'm glad for those that enjoyed it. It seems more of a personal, than musical thing now. Those fans just want to hang out with these guys one more time. It's not really about the music any more. Those heights are long gone. It's like seeing old friends, reliving a past you know you're too old to repeat. Good health to everyone.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 22, 2021 22:29

jmd
lem motlow

Taking advantage of the sheer incompetence of COTA; well played. smileys with beer

Glad you enjoyed the show…

We did similar things at LA show and parked for free twice. Good job.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 23, 2021 01:09

jumpingjackflash5
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

And, despite all the criticism, Keith's playing was very good on this one.

From the tunes I’ve heard on YouTube from the show, Sympathy is the only real howler moment. Rambler had some nice Keith playing...

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1117
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home