Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are the Stones giving enough for the money and loyalty?
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 15, 2005 22:50

and about the Zebras.........I just wanted to say..

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 15, 2005 22:53

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,

NOW I zee.

Thanx for ze info you with ze soul.

Re: ~*hail hail Rolling Stones!*~
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 15, 2005 23:00

it was ze pleasure, mon.
enjoy ze show. :E

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 15, 2005 23:55

Zebrologists unite!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 16, 2005 00:04

what's black and white and red all over?

a newspaper! ha!ha!

my lame joke of the month

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 16, 2005 00:08

I don't mind the set list, the singing of Mick Jagger is great, also the guitar work of Keith, the drumming of Charlie Watts is better than ever, but I must say it once more: The lousy guitar work of Ron Wood, his many wrong notes, his boring nonsense solos bother me more and more. And nobody from the crew seems to give a critical review, so that it gets better. I never understood why Jeff Beck kicked Ronnie from the stage during a live set in the sixties. Now I do. I'm sorry but if you do your job in a similar manner as Ronnie does for the moment, you would be kicked off.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: November 16, 2005 01:03

J-J-Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ged Rambler,
> To me the person who posted this thread (whether
> you agree with his opinion or not) has much more
> to say than someone like you. This person simply
> expressed an honest opinion. Much more interesting
> than someone who bitches about someone they don't
> even know saying their purpose in life is to moan
> and piss people off. If you are going to respond
> write something worthwhile.

J-J-Flash,

I'm not denying he's expressed an honest opinon - but he's put this thread on the board & I'm expressing my honest opinion to it - I thought that this is what this board is all about.
There are plenty of people on here who sit on my side of the fence so don't say that my response is not worthwhile.

I for one will be saddened when the end comes - I don't believe that you'll be any different.

Enjoy them while their here - the alternative aint so good.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 17, 2005 16:14

To be a true connoisseur of something does not mean that you cannot be critical of its content. I am no different than any Stones fan, I love to see them and whether they are playing 10 songs or 20 big hits I am always thrilled to be in the arena checking out the show. Hey, the hairs always stand up on my arms until the smoke clears and that first riff is cracked out.

That being said, I pay for their shows, cds, albums, tee-shirts, etc... and as an objective consumer and fan, I have come to see the shows and their set-lists as being too light and predictable. This view is shared by many others as well. Come on, especially about three quarters of the way thru a show once you hear the big hit, then they always run out that string of hits to the close of the show. Look at the lengths of each show on the review of the set-lists pages. Less than 2 hours!!! They could easily stick to arenas and theatres but they don't. When is the last time Mick put his arm around Keith and really sang a few lines with him? The 75 tour? Or when is the last Mick ran out during "Happy" and sang with Keith? I miss the interaction on stage. Everything is all business.

Put yourself in their shoes, do you think you owe to your very supportive and loyal fans to give them a show that would blow everyone away? I would. Some of the tickets prices are $1500,$450,$160 each plus service charges. Its not about being cheap, I pay it, but just give me some content, give me a show not an 1 1/2 jukebox show.

The Sicilian

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 17, 2005 16:54

How can you say something so generalizing as "I have a feeling those who give the least, expect the most"? From what I see so far there are two lifelong fans(Sicilian, JJFlash) who are questioning the current efforts by the Stones. And count me in too. And anyone who says I have not given "enough" to the cause doesn't know what they are talking about. IMO it is a very valid point to feel justified in dissappointment. And I don't really have any doubts believing tht the band knows full and well what they are doing. The Net is the biggest and easiest souce of info, traffic and communication. Of course the Stones, or their people know what happens on the Net. And what is said by the fans. Us. There are some fans who still happy just by their presence. No mistake: so am I. The world is a better place with the Stones in it. Alive.
]But there should always be room for the fans who are not neccessarily angered, but saddened that the ride is over. Only thing that gets tedious is for the people who are here every day to see these posts over and over. But that does not take awy from their validity.
I am still just as crazy about the Stones. But I choose to concentrate on their history now. The current Stones just does not excite me anymore.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: November 17, 2005 17:47

Reptile you're the Man!

Came back late last night and everybody's was sleeping in the house.Sad to say but since our goldfish 's gone I feel something is missing in our life.
My son 's got an army of teddy bears but they don't smile at me as the goldfish did in the good old days when I was late back home.
So I started wondering, what could we get to bring back happiness into our family?
Then I explored the whole spectrum of species living on earth without reaching a proper conclusion on the right pet we should buy.
After reading your post it was a kind of "EUREKA" feeling ,we shall get a zebra:

-When the Zebra lies down it looks like a nice carpet(rug) on the floor.
-Zebras are intelligent animals and can be used as baby sitters .
-You can zebraride to send your kids to school.
-I can paint every week end my zebra in black and ride round my town as a proud owner of a beautiful horse.
-Zebras are useful cause you don't have to pay parking fees when you do downtown shopping .
-Last but not least ,in case of starvation there is much more to eat in a zebra than in a goldfish.

Huh! what was this thread about?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home