Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

StonesOnDECCA.com web site
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:29

stonesondecca.com

Very good site if you are specifically interested stones decca vinyls.

There was a story about the owner of this site, a finnish guy, on the web site of the national broadcasting company of Finland.

He has made a full documentation of his collection on his site.

He has been collecting his stones decca vinyls for about 30 years and now he has complete stones decca collection (only 5 complete collections existing in the whole world).

At first he collected much broader variety of stones releases than only decca releases but then he noticed that if he wants to have a really quality collection he must somehow choose a spesific, a more narrow area for collection.

He has really made his home work about this collection theme. For example, he has been actively contacting people that have been working in the Decca in the 60s and so has collected very datailed information about different matrix numbers and all the label and cover misspelling variations and so on. This has took him pretty comprehensive work! I must admire.

Re: StonesOnDECCA.com web site
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:33

He has been "only" on 32 Stones concerts and has sometimes a changed a few words with some of the band members but his main focus is on collecting records. He also actively listenes to those vinyls also tut also cds sometimes he says if he is doing some other things at the same time according to that news story about him.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:40

Great guy. His other passion: vintage American cars!

Date: September 13, 2021 11:19

Jan Richards is posting here. A true gentleman. Great site! thumbs up

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 13, 2021 13:13

I love Jan and his Stones on Decca website [www.stonesondecca.com] . It's his great love for the Stones that he shares with us on his website.

Jan has helped me many times. He shared his collection with me by researching many "Out of Our Heads" looking for the 1965 mix of the extended "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man."

We figured that it wasn't on anything but the USA releases however the USA Satisfaction 45 with the 1965 extended mix of "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man" lists the time of the shorter version of the song even though the time of the extended version is longer. Jan went to the trouble to play all of his "Out of Our Heads" and write back to me with his findings!

Great guy! Great website!

Decca logo taken from [www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 13, 2021 15:11

Great website ran by a great friend and collector.
If you have a UK record which is not on there......then it is extremely rare!
A MUST if you are collecting vinyl.

Hendrik

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 14, 2021 00:48

Jan is a nice guy and his website is amazing for all the UK Decca album collectors.
I hope he finds time one day to finish the 70s compilations and especially Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 14, 2021 11:48

exilestones

Jan has helped me many times. He shared his collection with me by researching many "Out of Our Heads" looking for the 1965 mix of the extended "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man."

We figured that it wasn't on anything but the USA releases however the USA Satisfaction 45 with the 1965 extended mix of "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man" lists the time of the shorter version of the song even though the time of the extended version is longer. Jan went to the trouble to play all of his "Out of Our Heads" and write back to me with his findings!

Great guy! Great website!

Yes, great site!

Did you find the long 3:19 uncensored version anywhere except on the 1989 Singles Collection box and this CD single (also on 7"): [www.discogs.com] ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 14, 2021 08:39

Jan was in a Swedish TV program "Go'Kväll" talking about the Stones (and Decca winking smiley)

[www.svtplay.se]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 14, 2021 09:11

Topi
Great guy. His other passion: vintage American cars!

Yeah I remember meeting him and hearing about his American car collection when we all had a drink in Stockholm the day after the stones show.

Nate

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: October 16, 2021 16:57

Ricky
Jan is a nice guy and his website is amazing for all the UK Decca album collectors.
I hope he finds time one day to finish the 70s compilations and especially Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out.

Thanx guys!!

Ricky, the Ya Ya's page is almost done. I will publish it in a week or two. Then on to the rest of the 70's Decca compilations. There are not that much exiting versions on the 70's stuff so I have not really put that much time into them. But slowly now working on them.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: October 16, 2021 17:28

Kul TV-inslag - tack!

Date: October 17, 2021 23:57

Thanks Jan.
Take your time. To make a web site as good as yours, there is no choice but to do it slowly.

Best

Date: November 5, 2021 03:16

I noticed Jan's website a while ago. Bookmarked it in order to return some day. Today was to be that 'some day'. And now - finally - I know everything about my precious copy of the first Stones Decca-album. And I know where to learn more about all the other records.

Think about this: What's going to happen to our Stones-records when we pass away? I want my daughter to have them all. Thankfully she's a fan as well, so she won't sell them. They will be a sweet memory of her beloved dad - I hope. But looking at how records are being offered/presented on Discogs and eBay, one is quite often - if not most of the time - annoyed by a lot of missing information. Thanks to Jan's site this may hopefully change. And our heirs will be fully aware of the treasures we left for them.

I cannot offer enough praise for the endless hours of work put into Jan's great website.

I just managed in time (just a week left on svt's homepage) to watch the Swedish tv-clip mentioned above. Pure joy. A must-see...at least for all Scandinavian/Nordic fans.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 5, 2021 10:05

I can not recommend Jan´s site enough. A great site built by a great guy.
I have spent so much time on it, looking for answers buried deep in those ever evasive matrixes. Just lovely.

Date: August 4, 2022 22:29

Jan Richards
Ricky

Thanx guys!!

Ricky, the Ya Ya's page is almost done. I will publish it in a week or two. Then on to the rest of the 70's Decca compilations. There are not that much exiting versions on the 70's stuff so I have not really put that much time into them. But slowly now working on them.

Jan has been working hard lately:
[www.stonesondecca.com]

Many thanks !!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home