Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABKCO era Stones videos missing from YouTube
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2021 06:06

I went to look for Child of the Moon, and it was blocked on YouTube. Curious, I looked up Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, and it was blocked too. I looked for We Love You, and initially there was a blocked message, and the it showed. I wonder if this means ABKCO is actually planning some kind of video release?

I know ABKCO has been making new videos of their Stones catalogue. They're just animation, but sometimes they have lyrics and are entertaining, especially if there was no video made originally.

I hope it means ABKCO is finally doing something with the Stones' early promo films.

Re: ABKCO era Stones videos missing from YouTube
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2021 06:30

Hmmmm...coming in loud and clear on my end....the Abkco versions, along with official versions from the Rolling Stones youtube channel...and other versions as well.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 28, 2021 08:54

24FPS
I went to look for Child of the Moon, and it was blocked on YouTube. Curious, I looked up Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, and it was blocked too. I looked for We Love You, and initially there was a blocked message, and the it showed. I wonder if this means ABKCO is actually planning some kind of video release?

I know ABKCO has been making new videos of their Stones catalogue. They're just animation, but sometimes they have lyrics and are entertaining, especially if there was no video made originally.

I hope it means ABKCO is finally doing something with the Stones' early promo films.

Maybe it has something to do with the upcoming Stones in the Air documentary.

Date: August 28, 2021 09:17

Hairball
Hmmmm...coming in loud and clear on my end....the Abkco versions, along with official versions from the Rolling Stones youtube channel...and other versions as well.

None of those are the official, vintage promo films made in the 60s.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 28, 2021 09:45

The ones that are now missing are the live-action videos: Child of the Moon is also missing from other platforms like Vimeo and Dailymotion. I hope this is a sign of some upcoming release, and not just pure meanness by ABKCOs copyright lawyers.

Date: August 28, 2021 10:36

There are some of those videos on Facebook and I hope that they may be visible to everybody (and I hope they don't get deleted):

We Love You

Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing in the Shadow

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Child of the Moon

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2021 10:43

AAWWWW there they are ... Fanks Cristiano ....

Those ABKCO lyric vids are kids shit .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 28, 2021 12:03

My pleasure, Rockeee! I'm glad to hear those links were useful!

Date: August 28, 2021 12:35

...heck yeah ... Ya cant beat thee real thing ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 28, 2021 12:40

Like Tammi and Marvin said ... aint nothing like The real thing

ROCKMAN

Date: August 28, 2021 17:41

I found a link for Child of the Moon. It's kind of disturbing. Brian appears to have been inserted separately.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2021 19:33

24FPS
None of those are the official, vintage promo films made in the 60s.

I misread your initial post and/or I misunderstood.

And thanks to Cristiano for providing the links - haven't seen the We Love You clip in a while...Brian looks terribly fried.........

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 28, 2021 21:12

about time abkco got off there ass and did something with the stuff they own
come on deluxe beggars/aftermath/between the buttons/let it bleedsmiling smiley

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: August 28, 2021 22:09

24FPS
I found a link for Child of the Moon. It's kind of disturbing. Brian appears to have been inserted separately.
I read he went for a walk and got lost in woods while the whole band was waiting for him. That's why his scenes were filmed separately late in the night when he finally got back.

Date: August 28, 2021 22:32

Mariuana
24FPS
I read he went for a walk and got lost in woods while the whole band was waiting for him. That's why his scenes were filmed separately late in the night when he finally got back.

It's not just him. What's with the terrified looking lady?

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: August 28, 2021 23:33

24FPS
Mariuana
24FPS

Maybe she saw Brian creeping in the bushes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 28, 2021 23:52

Mariuana
24FPS
Mariuana
24FPS

Maybe she saw Brian creeping in the bushes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

He does look strange. At some point he never smiled naturally again with the group.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 29, 2021 00:39

ProfessorWolf

Well...love it or hate it, we got their versions of GYYYO, LIB, TSMR, and BB in super deluxe format already.

Date: August 29, 2021 01:14

Re: ABKCO era Stones videos missing from YouTube new

ProfessorWolf

Well...love it or hate it, we got their versions of GYYYO, LIB, TSMR, and BB in super deluxe format already.

gyyyo was awesome but they have i am sure a ton of uncircultated outtakes from the 60's i don't admittedly have a great grasp on the politics between the stones and abkco and why we get stuff like on the air and ya yas but not stuff like the chess outtakes, aftermath, and beggars banquet especially the last one since you can just look at the circulating outtakes and see there is a treasure trove of unreleased stuff not mention what hasn't leaked

Date: August 29, 2021 01:31

ProfessorWolf

Re: ABKCO era Stones videos missing from YouTube new

ProfessorWolf

gyyyo was awesome but they have i am sure a ton of uncircultated outtakes from the 60's i don't admittedly have a great grasp on the politics between the stones and abkco and why we get stuff like on the air and ya yas but not stuff like the chess outtakes, aftermath, and beggars banquet especially the last one since you can just look at the circulating outtakes and see there is a treasure trove of unreleased stuff not mention what hasn't leaked

It makes one wonder what everyone is waiting for. Hurry the hell up before we're gone and no one cares anymore.

Date: August 29, 2021 01:35

couldn't agree more

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 29, 2021 02:45

24FPS
Mariuana
24FPS

That's no "LADY", she's (now) a real life DAME.

[en.wikipedia.org]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: August 29, 2021 23:12

CaptainCorella
24FPS
Mariuana
24FPS

That's no "LADY", she's (now) a real life DAME.

[en.wikipedia.org]

That's where there's a disconnect between the U.S. and U.K. Like when YouTube posts the top 10 records for the U.K., 1968. And you find Des O'Connor's 'I Pretend', and you go, "Who the hell is Des O'Connor?"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home