Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Guitar shot at by Keith Richards to go under the hammer,,
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:49

LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
teleblaster
rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage
The equation is pretty easy: The more guns in circulation the more shootings and killing around. You may feel safer owning a gun in such a state but in reality you're not.

That is a very easy equation to follow! ... however many cannot follow it, it seems.

I can't believe nobody has thought of that! How would you suggest implementing your equation i.e. implementing the confiscation of multiple millions of guns?

Many ways to go about it, but it can't be done without a beginning. No one is naïve enough to think it would be done in a day...

Really? Many ways to go about it? Name just one.

don't know google? ... buybacks/guns for cash

AND...how's that working? Did you Google that answer, by the way?

How's what working? ... they haven't implemented any methods yet for banning guns. Are you mixing up conversations?

... although one thing they have tried is not banning guns. How's that working, btw?

Handguns are banned where I live. There is very little gun crime.

So, criminals still have guns but normal, honest people, by law, have no way to defend themselves? How enlightened and progressive can you get? Wow!

Sorry, you have misunderstood. Neither "criminals" nor "law abiding citizens" have guns. That is why there is very little gun crime. Pretty enlightened, if you ask me. Certainly very little chance of getting shot.

So, if criminals don't have guns in your utopia who is committing the "very little gun crime" to which you refer?

Don't know myself, but the "very little" seems significant, no?

Significant enough that honest, hardworking people should be allowed to defend themselves, yes?

Defend from who? Is there a guarantee of only 1 attacker? I consider myself honest, hardworking, so I should be allowed to thus own a submachine gun, to ward off a posse, no?

Yes.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 25, 2021 01:04

>Because a gun permit can not be granted in Conn with a conviction. State law. And also he is not an American Citizen. He cannot process a hand gun. That’s a federal
>law. If he lived in Texas that would be another story. Conn and NY have very strict gun laws

I think you are confused. First of all, what is his felony conviction that prevents him from owning a gun? Second of all, if something is a federal crime, then it is a federal crime in Texas as well. Federal crimes are crimes in every state. Third, I am not sure not being here on a green card exempts one from owning a gun. Fourth, a hand gun is a hand gun and a rifle or other long gun is not...so are you saying he can indeed own a long gun?

Here is some quick research:

A nonimmigrant alien who is lawfully admitted to the United States without a visa (e.g. Visa Waiver Program), may acquire or possess a firearm in the United States, provided that he or she is not prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing firearms or ammunition in the U.S.

An extensive dissertation on who may and may not own possess or buy weapons under federal law and how state law further complicates issues:

https://johnpierceesq.com/may-non-immigrant-aliens-buy-firearms/

So anyway, I am not so sure Keith Richards cannot legally possess a firearm in the USA. And he would be a fool to possess a firearm if he cannot legally do so. I am sure he has lawyers plenty to tell him that.

RIP Charlie

jb

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 25, 2021 12:49

jbwelda
>Because a gun permit can not be granted in Conn with a conviction. State law. And also he is not an American Citizen. He cannot process a hand gun. That’s a federal
>law. If he lived in Texas that would be another story. Conn and NY have very strict gun laws

I think you are confused. First of all, what is his felony conviction that prevents him from owning a gun? Second of all, if something is a federal crime, then it is a federal crime in Texas as well. Federal crimes are crimes in every state. Third, I am not sure not being here on a green card exempts one from owning a gun. Fourth, a hand gun is a hand gun and a rifle or other long gun is not...so are you saying he can indeed own a long gun?

Here is some quick research:

A nonimmigrant alien who is lawfully admitted to the United States without a visa (e.g. Visa Waiver Program), may acquire or possess a firearm in the United States, provided that he or she is not prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing firearms or ammunition in the U.S.

An extensive dissertation on who may and may not own possess or buy weapons under federal law and how state law further complicates issues:

https://johnpierceesq.com/may-non-immigrant-aliens-buy-firearms/

So anyway, I am not so sure Keith Richards cannot legally possess a firearm in the USA. And he would be a fool to possess a firearm if he cannot legally do so. I am sure he has lawyers plenty to tell him that.

RIP Charlie

jb

Most important to remember is that he is Keith Richards, and he and the organization he works for has the power to arrange things you and me cannot arrange.

He has been travelling the world with a doctor's bag full of drugs for 25 years and only caught once. Even then he got off with playing 2 gigs. I am not sure I would be able to pull that off.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home