Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Leavell on the Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones and the Life of a Tree-Man
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 13, 2021 21:52

Have not seen the movie yet but this is a great read.

[relix.com]

Re: Chuck Leavell on the Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones and the Life of a Tree-Man
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 13, 2021 22:38

Thanks for posting.

A really good read from Chuck Leavell who is a top man in my opinion.
Only met him once while walking around Oslo city centre a couple of hours after final rehearsals at Telenor Arena back in May 2014.
Chatting to him and his lovely wife Rose for about half an hour while walking, and both of them are genuinely nice people. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-13 22:41 by crawdaddy.

Re: Chuck Leavell on the Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones and the Life of a Tree-Man
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 23:02

crawdaddy
Thanks for posting.

Only met him once while walking around Oslo city centre a couple of hours after final rehearsals at Telenor Arena back in May 2014.
Chatting to him and his lovely wife Rose for about half an hour while walking, and both of them are genuinely nice people. thumbs up

Your perception of him is dead on. I've met, interviewed, and even jammed with him once, he is genuinely decent. Here was my review of the movie:

Chuck Leavell - Tree Man

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 13, 2021 23:26

roller99
crawdaddy
Thanks for posting.

Your perception of him is dead on. I've met, interviewed, and even jammed with him once, he is genuinely decent. Here was my review of the movie:

Chuck Leavell - Tree Man

Fantastic interview!
Thank you for posting it.

Luv this:

- "Chuck Leavell is the only rock star I know that can create a controlled burn in a forest, wield a chainsaw, and play some of the best honky-tonk piano in music.
Somehow, I think perhaps his bandmate, Keith Richards is envious of the controlled burn and the chain saw."
[/i]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home