Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 9, 2022 02:31

Wondering which color Keith will wear for the opener.............

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 9, 2022 03:41

glmmr_twn
Irix
slewan

I wonder if the next tour will still be called 'NoFilter'

"60 & finished ...." winking smiley

smileys with beer

more likely 60 & counting (i don't think this is the end)

as for the tour name i thought it was the name of the yet unreleased unfinished album

so if they do change it i wonder what that would mean for the new album if anything

also be cool if they could pull out a new stage design or at least dress up or modify the old one

i for one miss the 50 & counting stage maybe something like that but keeping the four screens

but i know nothing will change they'll the current stage for the rest of eternity

Date: February 9, 2022 03:46

Hairball
Wondering which color Keith will wear for the opener.............

i like the red onesmiling smiley

but who knows maybe he'll switch over to a different colored stetson hat every showgrinning smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 9, 2022 10:33

They'll keep the 'No Filter' name, no?
So they can climb a couple of places on the list

[en.wikipedia.org]

(That's just crazy, isn't it... with 58 shows the #5 tour of all time.)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 9, 2022 11:35

ProfessorWolf

more likely 60 & counting (i don't think this is the end)

Or: "60 & vivid" smiling smiley

It isn't the end. But probably no large World-Tours anymore - Keith is starting to sit down on stage now and will be 80 at the end of next year ....

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 9, 2022 11:50

Irix
Keith is starting to sit down on stage now and will be 80 at the end of next year ....

Yeah. Why not use it and have an accoustic set of 3-4 songs.

Dead Flowers
Spider
Love in Vain
Slipping Away

I know, like on Stripped this doesnt really work that well in a Stadium. But I would give it a try.

Date: February 9, 2022 11:52

maybe

but i think they'll continue doing a handful of stadium shows a year for at least a couple more years

just hope they don't do one of those "farewell
tours" and just keep performing until they can't or don't want to anymore

just one day they do and the next they don't

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 9, 2022 13:02

BowieStone
They'll keep the 'No Filter' name, no?
So they can climb a couple of places on the list

[en.wikipedia.org]

(That's just crazy, isn't it... with 58 shows the #5 tour of all time.)

they are already on the top of the list – if you sort the list by the average gross per show

Date: February 9, 2022 16:25

schwonek

Why not use it and have an accoustic set of 3-4 songs.

They had a 2-song acoustic-set on B-Stage during the 2019 NoFilter-Tour - [iorr.org] . 3-4 acoustic songs could be 'too quiet' for a high-energy show.

An acoustic-set works also in a Stadium and I liked e.g. the rendition of 'As Tears Go By' in Cologne 2006 with Keith on acoustic guitar - [iorr.org] .

Re: 2022 Euro Tour Rumors - Festivals ?
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 9, 2022 17:07

Irix
gotdablouse

Oh and Mick is said to be interested in playing at the foot of the Eiffel Tower !

Oh and without Charlie it'll be uninteresting even if they're playing on the surface of the Mars .... winking smiley

Pls stop posting negative posts about the Stones performing without Charlie. Be happy they are still on the road! Off course I do miss him too, but the Stones are still there.

Steve Jordan is choosen by Charlie btw smiling smiley

Hope to see the Stones this year smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: February 9, 2022 17:24

MononoM
Irix
gotdablouse

Oh and Mick is said to be interested in playing at the foot of the Eiffel Tower !

Oh and without Charlie it'll be uninteresting even if they're playing on the surface of the Mars .... winking smiley

Pls stop posting negative posts about the Stones performing without Charlie. Be happy they are still on the road! Off course I do miss him too, but the Stones are still there.

Agreed smiling smiley

Date: February 9, 2022 17:26

MononoM

Pls stop posting negative posts about the Stones performing without Charlie.

Pls stop quoting old posts from 6-Aug-2021. smiling smiley

And if you can't accept or understand different opinions: just don't post. smiling smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 10, 2022 00:13

Barkerboy2
MononoM
Irix
gotdablouse

Agreed smiling smiley

thumbs up thumbs up

Now with Covid slowly fading my hopes definitely grow for this summer ...

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: February 10, 2022 02:58

One of Keith’s daughters is actually in the Shidoobee group - she just made a comment on a post regarding whether they will tour this summer…she posted “I’ve heard good things” and gave a thumbs up and blew a kiss. Thought this was pretty positive and hopeful!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 10, 2022 07:35

ProfessorWolf
maybe

but i think they'll continue doing a handful of stadium shows a year for at least a couple more years

Seems like they've always been clear that they won't say such a thing. Mick is always diplomatic, Keith is always "I'll die on stage", Charlie said it's over when his drums blow up and Ronnie... I have no idea but probably along the lines of "It just keeps getting better and better, mate".

Mick stated that the new Stones LP will be the last one. Which to me says more. No matter what, it's winding down.

Date: February 10, 2022 08:34

what it says to me is its difficult for them to record given how far apart they live, there age, and lack any financial benefits from releasing new albums

but that he just wants to do one more album

for himself? the fans? both? who knows

but there still appears to be a lot of money and demand for the stones live

i thinks as long as that remains and mick and keith can do it the show will go on

and yeah i realize that there's a limit to this given there age

i seriously believe that mick will still probably be in performing shape until his mid 80's

keith though.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-10 08:37 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 10, 2022 08:40

ProfessorWolf
maybe

Well, I don’t believe they’ll ever announce a retirement or farewell all the whilst Mick and Keith are still with us. I think they’ll just quietly stop performing at some point, soon. When either Mick or Keith passes, then an announcement will be made.

Date: February 10, 2022 08:52

UNCSTONE
One of Keith’s daughters is actually in the Shidoobee group - she just made a comment on a post regarding whether they will tour this summer…she posted “I’ve heard good things” and gave a thumbs up and blew a kiss. Thought this was pretty positive and hopeful!

thanks

that sounds like a good signsmiling smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 10, 2022 10:09

A Tour needs to be worthwhile financially. The costs are high for the crew, musicians, security, travel etc. Then there is rehearsal etc. cost. Balance that against the ticket prices achievable and size of venues, and the desire of the Band to make £xx million each, and you get to needing 12-15 gigs per Tour.

That also equates to 3 months away from home for the Band and most of those involved. Again that seems like a well established norm. There are exceptions, like 2016.

All this, to my mind, means we should expect an 8-10 week Tour with 12-15 gigs - assuming everything else is in good shape.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 10, 2022 12:54

Irix
MononoM

And if you can't accept or understand different opinions: just don't post. smiling smiley

mm i'm sorry about that.. but my point stays smiling smiley

wish it was summer smiling smiley i want to travel europe lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-10 12:56 by MononoM.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 10, 2022 13:42

GasLightStreet
Mick stated that the new Stones LP will be the last one. Which to me says more. No matter what, it's winding down.

You've posted that several times previously,and have been asked to provide a source and/or link to that comment. Asking again for that source/link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-10 13:43 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 10, 2022 14:39

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
maybe

Seems like they've always been clear that they won't say such a thing. Mick is always diplomatic, Keith is always "I'll die on stage", Charlie said it's over when his drums blow up and Ronnie... I have no idea but probably along the lines of "It just keeps getting better and better, mate".

The new Stones LP? As in the 'new' LP we have been waiting sixteen years for? I find it increasingly hard to believe there will be a 'new' album. And, even if there is, what are the chances it will be something cobbled together from odds and ends scattered over 10-12 sessions held here, there and everywhere? Of course The Stones - or their technical staff - are capable of making something like that actually work. However, given their ages, given their other responsibilities, given their diminishing levels of creativity, the odds against anything really worthwhile emerging are increasing every day.

And I really hope they wont release something sub standard that results on them ending with a whimper rather than on a high!

Date: February 10, 2022 15:14

Irix
MononoM

Agree completely with your point. We are ALL fans. Each of us in our own way. And each of us with our own opinion too.

Personally I cannot feel any of the old passion since Charlie died. And I will not go to see The Stones without him. It has been a long slow drip, drip, drip for me. Bill leaving. Bobby Keys dying. Lisa Fischer leaving, Mick Taylor etc, etc. Yes I know some of these good people were part of the entourage rather than full band members. But they were integral to the wider family and made an immense contribution to The Stones. And, inevitably, for me, there came a point when it was one loss too much.

I emphasise this viewpoint only applies to me. There will be many who will happily and joyfully attend upcoming concerts - if there are anymore concerts! There are many here who will disagree with every word I have written. There will be many here who will consider what I have said to be disrespectful to the band. May I assure them I intend nothing of the sort.

We are a very broad church, us Stones fans. Just as it should be. We come from all countries, all ethnic groupings, all creeds, all colours, all religions and none. And from all age groups. But one thing we all have in common is we LOVE The Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-10 15:15 by GerardHennessy.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 10, 2022 15:31

Tough love eh grinning smiley

Date: February 10, 2022 15:38

Spud
Tough love eh grinning smiley

And how!!

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: February 10, 2022 18:07

Mick Will be performing shape at least 10 years.. Maybe more

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 10, 2022 18:55

RaahenTiikeri

yeah, but his problem might be: how to find a mass audience

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2022 22:04

slewan
RaahenTiikeri

yeah, but his problem might be: how to find a mass audience

And then there's poor old Keith who struggled a bit throughout the last mini US tour, and especially the latter half of shows.
Yes he loves and lives to perform ("this is what I do" as he said on stage last year ), but realistically his stamina, focus, and all around skills seem to continuously diminish with each passing year.
Hopefully these rumoured UK/Europe shows will go on as planned, and for those who might be thinking of seeing them again and might be on the fence - see them while you can!
It's not the same without Charlie by a long shot, but it is what it is at this point...Mick and Keith celebrating 60 years years together...thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 10, 2022 23:46

^ Agreed. This won't be going on all that much longer so get it while you can.

Date: February 11, 2022 04:08

how many here think it's pretty likley that at least mick will do shows for the 65 anniversary in 2027?

that to me is the upper limit of how long any of them can go on performing

and i think mick will probably be the last on standing figuratively and literally

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home