Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 28, 2022 12:05

GasLightStreet
The Stones figured it out in 2021 in the US.

They'll do the same for Europe in 2022.

The US is one country, Europe is more than just one country and that borders have to be crossed etc.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 28, 2022 12:45

Before the covid-19 pandemic, Europe was without borders. I mean the part of Europe that is in the Schengen area. Once you arrived into the Schengen area, you did not have to show your passport when crossing borders within Chengen.

Right now, due to the pandemic, every country in Europe have their own rules of entry, emergency rules due to the pandemic. My prediction is that all these rules will be gone in two months time, so that you would not need any special pass or test to travel.

UK is outside Schengen, but it takes only one minute for me to scan my passport at Heathrow airport, and UK have already removed all rules related to covid-19, so I have no worries for the summer tour in Europe.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 28, 2022 13:44

Arena Campovolo, not only Liga and the magnificent seven: we work to bring the Rolling Stones

The first contacts with the entourage of the legendary band would have been started for a mega concert in Reggio Emilia

E.Spa. January 26, 2022

REGGIO EMILIA. What if the Rolling Stones really came to Reggio? This is not the first time that the legendary band led by Mick Jagger has approached Campovolo. But now that the Rcf Arena is really ready to take off, the voices of contacts started long and late to try to bring the legendary rock group that has made music history to Reggio more and more insistent.

A concert that – Covid permitting and if the negotiation goes through – could also take place next summer, repainting the first billboard in the history of the Rcf Arena with a memorable event of international scope. And celebrating at the same time the birthday of the British band, which celebrates 20 years of activity in 2022, despite recent bereavements over the passing of drummer Charlie Watts and historic manager Mick Brigden.

The Rcf Arena, in fact, is officially over. And according to the builders, only the stage is missing, since the fixed stage hypothesis could leave the field to a more versatile structure for the different occasions and sizes of the scheduled events, with a capacity recently increased to 103 thousand spectators, for a structure that in intentions should project the entire Reggio territory - never taken off for tourism - into the Olympus of major events. The Rcf Arena will be inaugurated, after the various postponements due to Covid and the health emergency, on June 4, 2022 for "30 years in a new day", the highly anticipated live event of Correggio rocker Luciano Ligabue, already sold out in advance for over a year. On the wheel, another unmissable concert is scheduled for June 11, 2022: “Una. None. One hundred thousand. The concert”, the biggest musical event ever against gender-based violence, announced at the time at the Sanremo Festival and then postponed due to Covid. Starring Fiorella Mannoia, Emma, Alessandra Amoroso, Giorgia, Elisa, Gianna Nanni, and Laura Pausini for a concert already stormed in advance.

What about the Rolling Stones? Their 60th birthday is celebrated exactly on June 12, when Mick Jagger and Keith Richards performed for the first time at the Marquee, at the time of Swinging London, under the name Rollin’ Stones, in a very first line-up in which the late Charlie Watts and later Ronnie Wood then entered 1963. Just these days the Rolling Stones were celebrated by the British Post Office, which for the band's birthday issued a dedicated stamp, celebrating their 35 studio albums, 18 live and several collections and over 250 million records sold.

At the moment, however, for the Reggio concert there is no date to mark on the agenda. The band is obviously in demand all over the world. But why exclude Reggio dell’Arena from its tour? Never say never.
[gazzettadireggio.gelocal.it]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 28, 2022 15:32

It's July 12, but what's a month among friends?

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 28, 2022 16:11

They say Imagine Dragons is going to be the third day of pink pop, but not sold on them being the headliner. Back when the stones and Metallica were on the bill, Imagine Dragons were also on the same bill, but a back up act. Also, imagine dragon grossed $800,000 for their last tour. I would want the boys that pull
in millions.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 28, 2022 18:32

jcstone47
They say Imagine Dragons is going to be the third day of pink pop, but not sold on them being the headliner. Back when the stones and Metallica were on the bill, Imagine Dragons were also on the same bill, but a back up act. Also, imagine dragon grossed $800,000 for their last tour. I would want the boys that pull
in millions.

They said it is the 3rd headliner for Pinkpop in the announcement:
[www.pinkpop.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-28 18:33 by spunky.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 17:45

They are coming to us. UK / Europe.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2022 18:16

It's coming right for us!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: February 1, 2022 19:12

Hope so. Aerosmith just cancelled their Summer EU tour.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 1, 2022 19:31

glmmr_twn

Also Lionel Richie and Shawn Mendes today cancelled or postponed their EU tours to 2023. I seriously think more bands or artists will cancel their tours this year in Europe. And even before it was announced Springsteen pulled out his plans to tour Europe

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 1, 2022 20:10

Mabru
glmmr_twn

Also Lionel Richie and Shawn Mendes today cancelled or postponed their EU tours to 2023. I seriously think more bands or artists will cancel their tours this year in Europe. And even before it was announced Springsteen pulled out his plans to tour Europe

Not looking too good at the moment for a supposed Stones tour celebrating the 60th, but they somehow pulled it off in the US in the midst of chaos, so wouldn't count them out just yet.
There's varying rules/regulations from one country to the next, but the same sort of applied in the in the US from one state to the next - tight restrictions, medium restrictions, and in some cases minimal restrictions.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 20:24

glmmr_twn

So many artists announcing UK/Euro tours right now. Whatever the reason for Aerosmith cancelling it’s not Covid. Covid is just their excuse. Personally, I just think they don’t want to tour anymore.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2022 21:43

slewan
GasLightStreet

The US is one country, Europe is more than just one country and that borders have to be crossed etc.

I understand. But... well, I'll just say that the US doesn't really function as one country. The good thing for the Stones is they're basically doing 14 shows. They won't have the drag of dealing with different countries in terms of time like they had in 1982 or 1990 etc.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: February 1, 2022 21:45

Matt1984
glmmr_twn

So many artists announcing UK/Euro tours right now. Whatever the reason for Aerosmith cancelling it’s not Covid. Covid is just their excuse. Personally, I just think they don’t want to tour anymore.

I think you're right! Hah!

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: February 2, 2022 01:39

Boris out clown ( I thought it was a work meeting) leader in one of his last decres as emporer has got rid of most covid-19 rules for entry into England if you are vacanted. So see ya all in London for a summer of love and Bueaty or doom and gloom. hey ,take a chance on us... we can hope for the best.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: February 2, 2022 04:06

Agreed about Aerosmith. Cancelling 5 months in advance? Something's up. Hopefully the Stones will pull it off again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-02 04:07 by Dalgtor.

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: February 2, 2022 05:01

Aerosmith postponed their tour in early February last year to this year. I figured if there was any news of them postponing we would have heard it around now anyway.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 2, 2022 08:08

Matt1984
glmmr_twn

Lionel Richie did exactly the same… on the same day. He cancelled his entire Euro tour… also, like Aerosmith, including festivals and solo concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-02 08:09 by BowieStone.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: February 2, 2022 09:03

I believe the Tour (and hopefully a new album) will happen.

This Sunday I saw Bryan Adams live here in Lisbon in a sold out (since October) Arena; the day before he also sold out an arena in Porto.
40.000 people in 2 shows, in January.

Yes I believe the Stones will play this summer.

Date: February 2, 2022 10:31

Ronnie spills the beans again (from the abstract painting-interview):

"Talking about Watts, who died aged 80 in August, Wood said it meant a lot to them that he gave him their blessing to carry on touring and use Steve Jordan in his place on drums.

The Rolling Stones hope to play a summer tour this year".

[iorr.org]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 2, 2022 10:40

once again we fans are blessed by ronnie wood's loose lipsgrinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 2, 2022 11:37

marquess
I believe the Tour (and hopefully a new album) will happen.

This Sunday I saw Bryan Adams live here in Lisbon in a sold out (since October) Arena; the day before he also sold out an arena in Porto.
40.000 people in 2 shows, in January.

Yes I believe the Stones will play this summer.

The Bryan Adams shows, were they all seated or also standing places?
I have tickets for his Munich show in six weeks but I doubt it will happen...

Date: February 2, 2022 12:11

GasLightStreet

I agree, but there is another obstacle here: In Europe we're not used to shows with seating only.

But they'll find a way, hopefully.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 2, 2022 12:20

On the US Stones Tour 2021 there were a large standing section at the end of the floor/pitch, behind the seated area. Also, there were 1,000 or so people standing in the front at the two pit sections. No problem last fall.

UK and Denmark have no crowd restrictions now. Norway will probably allow standing crowds by Feb 17 or so. Other countries in Europe will follow soon. I think in 1-2 months time, most restrictions related to crowds and travel will be gone in Europe, and the 2022 summer tour may be announced soon after.

Bjornulf

Posted by: serpico71 ()
Date: February 2, 2022 14:32

Ron Wood confirms in an interview in Toronto that the Stones hope to do a summer tour.
[toronto.citynews.ca]

Date: February 2, 2022 14:36

serpico71
Ron Wood confirms in an interview in Toronto that the Stones hope to do a summer tour.
[toronto.citynews.ca]

Looks like a word for word steal from the interview I referred to above.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2022 14:40

serpico71
[toronto.citynews.ca]

Interview in London, England as opposed to Ontario, but yes winking smiley
[iorr.org]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 2, 2022 15:01

Ronnie's been hopeful before! winking smiley

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 2, 2022 15:20

Topi