Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy 95th Tony Bennett (From Keith)
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:18

Thought this a very nice gesture from Keith. (maybe not thread worthy, but nice)
We should perhaps have a thread that highlights just their social media posts.. cool smiley

Tony Bennett turned 95 today, and Keith put out one of his famous hand written note tweets.
Love it.. Happy 95th Tony.

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
#TonyBennett

[twitter.com]

Re: Happy 95th Tony Bennett (From Keith)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:29

.... thats thoughtful of the lad ..... so nice

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:39

He is playing with Lady Gaga at Radio City Music Hall tonight and Thursday night for what will be his final 2 shows. If I can pull a reasonable ticket for Thursday to record it for history I will.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:41

It certainly is thread worthy. Thanks!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:43

Glad to know Keith is sending best wishes to artist's that he knows or admires.

Good on yer Keith and Happy 95th birthday to Tony Bennett.

Just a few months younger than my Dear Mum.smileys with beer

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:59

Happy birthday indeed, Mister Benedetto. You have brought me much musical joy since I heard you on the radio all those years ago singing "I Left My Heart In San Francisco". Your MTV Unplugged album is something wonderful. I hope your gig with Lady Gaga goes extremely well considering Alzheimer's is part of your life now. I'll close with a link to one of my fave songs covered by you, "The Shadow Of Your Smile". Still dedicated to the one who shared it, then slipped away.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2021 02:08

daspyknows
He is playing with Lady Gaga at Radio City Music Hall tonight and Thursday night for what will be his final 2 shows. If I can pull a reasonable ticket for Thursday to record it for history I will.

I was unaware of this..
Hope you can grab a decently priced seat. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 02:13 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2021 02:19

Great note!

Saw Tony about 10 years ago in Vancouver, Orpheum Theatre...FAB show.

He sang one song a capella, no microphone. What a powerful voice!

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 4, 2021 04:27

Wow, 95 and still working! Awesome! He is one of the greats, one I wished I had had the chance to see live.

Happy Birthday, Mr Bennett!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 4, 2021 09:51

daspyknows

so daspy, you will just fly from the Bay to NYC with just a day's notice?

plexi

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: August 4, 2021 09:59

Keith saying you lead the way, I'm right here behind you, this could mean Keith intends to live and work to a similar age, now Keith's stopped drinking and smoking this might actually happen. Wow he's going to outlive them all imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 10:00 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 4, 2021 13:38

A bit funny though considering the way "Dino" treated the Rolling Stones and the fact that big band music (crooners) was everything early pop- and rockbands didn't represent. But there you go...

Date: August 4, 2021 16:59

Stoneage
A bit funny though considering the way "Dino" treated the Rolling Stones and the fact that big band music (crooners) was everything early pop- and rockbands didn't represent. But there you go...

Knowing that Keith was an ardent fan of guys like Hoagy Carmichael, this isn't really surprising smiling smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 5, 2021 13:31

Tony is incredible. He's an amazing singer.
Very cool of K to give him some love.
I'm not into Gaga at all tho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 13:31 by hopkins.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 6, 2021 02:24

Maybe when I turn 100 after global warming ends the world in 10, 20, 50 years...Keith can send me best wishes...

Date: August 6, 2021 05:19

Tony kills. He's a killer.i love watching him all smooth and light jazzy but..
He ALWAYS seems to Turn it ON the last few measures And ROARR. He's likely the hippest long term jazzy singer alive. He's living history.
OMG he still WORKS!!!

Date: August 8, 2021 23:04

To an old timer like me at 70, who was TOO YOUNG to really appreciate TB when he had a film appearance off of wildly successful stints in jazz clubs.
Charlie would very much know U think. And Bill too, both older than the Glimz.
Now with the Years and Decades and TONS OF TV live performance over decades. .I see him rear up and tear it up on any song he sings, when he smoothes into BELTING that last phrase like Mike Tyson.

Tony Bennett came up thru the real Goodfellas probably too. I never read the bio, u just admire his tone, timing and Punch.
Tony Bennett is more rock and roll than like 90% of Rock and Rollers. He ain't no punk.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 13, 2021 17:01

Tony Bennett’s Son, Danny, on Why the Legend’s Radio City Music Hall Shows Went So Well — and Why There Won’t Be More

By A.D. Amorosi
August 12,2021

[variety.com]

Date: August 13, 2021 17:16

What a nice read. I loved the video with Gaga and am looking forward to the album. I hope the final shows were recorded and will be released to the public.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 14, 2021 06:16

In his old age, Keith can now openly appreciate such greats, as Tony Bennett. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have done so in 1964, though!

Rags to Riches will forever remain one of my favourite pieces of music. The intro is so iconic.

Date: August 14, 2021 07:25

Big Al
In his old age, Keith can now openly appreciate such greats, as Tony Bennett. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have done so in 1964, though!

Rags to Riches will forever remain one of my favourite pieces of music. The intro is so iconic.

Be interesting to see if he's softened on old Dino too.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 14, 2021 09:45

treaclefingers
Big Al

Be interesting to see if he's softened on old Dino too.

He probably has... secretly winking smiley

Date: August 14, 2021 18:03

Boy, talk about a flashback. I watched the Hollywood Palace telly show (yes, I am ancient) with Dino as host and how he rolled his eyes and mockingly introduced the Stones. It was America (meaning the U-S-of-A) with the old phartz watching the new generation - long haired and all - coming through the door. Yep, as Dylan wrote, the times they were a changin'.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 14, 2021 18:08

Say what you will but Keith is a sweetheart!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 18:09 by steffialicia.

Date: August 14, 2021 20:39

dmay
Boy, talk about a flashback. I watched the Hollywood Palace telly show (yes, I am ancient) with Dino as host and how he rolled his eyes and mockingly introduced the Stones. It was America (meaning the U-S-of-A) with the old phartz watching the new generation - long haired and all - coming through the door. Yep, as Dylan wrote, the times they were a changin'.

To me, that is just such an iconic moment in music history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 20:40 by treaclefingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home