Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DIME A DOZEN
Date: November 9, 2005 16:56

Does anyone undertsnd the pap about the problem with the interface with the latest version of azuereus? EASIER TO GET A NEW CLIENT?? or what?

Re: DIME A DOZEN
Date: November 9, 2005 18:17

I just downgraded to the older Azureus version which works great.
Also my MLdonkey works great with Dimeadozen's BitTorrents (and it does so with eDonkey, Overnet, Gnutella etc etc as well).

Date: November 9, 2005 19:57

How did you downgrade FUC, (by the way i don,t take it personaly)

Date: November 9, 2005 20:31

Captain Jack Sparrow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did you downgrade FUC, (by the way i don,t
> take it personaly)

I was degraded by the mighty bEAvER himself, I tried to return as "Private @#$%&" but I wasn't allowed either so I came back the other day thinking F.U.C. the Captain.

I just deinstalled Azureus, since I'm on Linux I just removed the azureus directory then installed Azureus 2.2.02 as downloaded from [azureus.sourceforge.net]

If you must work with Windows, here is the howto: [azureus.sourceforge.net]

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 9, 2005 20:39

burst works real well!

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: November 9, 2005 20:44

What's wrong with the Azureus? I have latest version (2.3.0.4) and I have no problems at all.

Date: November 9, 2005 20:45

i saw that too
but mine works great also

Date: November 10, 2005 12:36

Dime warns agains using the latest version of Azureus donkey, (and don,t ake it personally Donkey)

Date: November 10, 2005 14:39

Auster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's wrong with the Azureus? I have latest
> version (2.3.0.4) and I have no problems at all.

This is the official statement on diemadozen.org:

Attention Azureus 2.3.x.x users:

Azureus has introduced DHT (Distributed Hash Table) technology to its client starting with version 2.3.x.x. Using DHT will harm your DIME share ratio and violates our tracker rules as we can't take care of banned torrents terminating timely. Thus, using torrents which are not DHT-safe (all torrents uploaded before Friday, May 13, 15:00 GMT) may not be used with Azureus 2.3.x.x. Users known to use this client will not be able to download a DHT-unsafe torrent, annoucements of Azureus 2.3.x.x for such torrents will not be accepted by the trackers. If you want to download/leech/seed a DHT-unsafe torrent, do the following:

-- Install a different client (i.e., BitTornado, ABC) or a version of Azureus prior to 2.3.x.x.
-- Start any torrent with this client and wait for the client to do its first announcement. Stop the torrent.
-- Download the .torrent file you want to have and run it.
-- Restart all other of your torrents.

So there are certain bittorrents that will have problems when using Azureus 2.3.x.x but not all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home