Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MJ & The Red Devils or Blue & Lonesome?
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 8, 2021 20:57

Which one do you prefer?

Re: MJ & The Red Devils or Blue & Lonesome?
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 8, 2021 21:22

It's not completely fair to compair the two recordings, because the recording conditions were quite different.
The Red Devils are a fine Blues band, but I am sure there are hundreds or even more Blues bands around the world that could do the job too. They remind me a bit of how me and my friends used to play the Blues for decades ... decent, but not WOW cool smiley If whe would play a B&L song, it would probably sound Red Devillish ...

The Rolling Stones add (have done that since the early 60s) something that makes them the one-and-only Rolling Stones. Explain? No way. It's what all members of the band said at some stage in the long history of the Rolling Stones: It's the chemistry between us. As a former analytical chemist I can not but fully agree with them cool smiley
So ... it's Blue And Lonesome cool smiley
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 9, 2021 00:33

B&L had two great, unique guitarists, Ron Wood and Eric Clapton, and a great drummer.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 9, 2021 01:09

I like the loose vibe of the Red Devils sessions more. Maybe also because I’ve listened to these more than B&L

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 9, 2021 13:24

The Red Devils were a great band, hard working which is the key. They were young, playing all the time with passion for the blues, like the Rolling Stones in the early 60's.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home