Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are they joking with this stuff?
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:26

Got this e-mail:

Dear Rolling Stones Ticket Buyer,

As you gear up to attend a show by arguably the World’s Greatest Rock ‘n Roll Band, we are pleased to make you aware of a very special opportunity to enhance your Rolling Stones concert experience.

Before any of the bands take the stage, you are invited to join us for a very special pre-concert party known as “The VIP Experience”. This exclusive opportunity begins when the gates open at 5:00pm in the Field Club Lounge at SBC Park. The VIP Experience allows you to enjoy complimentary cocktails, an incredible array of delicious appetizers, a commemorative laminate lanyard to protect and display your concert ticket, and a very special gift from the band! At just $225 per person, this is sure to add significantly to your evening with the Rolling Stones!

To purchase your VIP Experience package, call the SBC Park Ticket Office at 415-972-2000, ext “0” to speak to a Ticket Services Representative during regular business hours (8:30am-5:30pm). Simply let the representative know that you are interested in The Rolling Stones VIP Experience. All tickets for the party will be available at the Will Call windows beginning at 3:30pm on the day of the show.

For both shows on Sunday, November 13th and Tuesday, November 15th, gates open at 5:00pm with Everclear taking the stage at 6:00pm, Metallica at 7:15pm and the headlining Stones at 8:45pm.

Make your night with Mick and the boys truly unforgettable by treating yourself to the VIP Experience. The Stones roll into town in a matter of days, so there is no time to hesitate. Call now and reserve your VIP Experience at 415/972-2000, ext. 0!

SBC Ticket Office

Re: Are they joking with this stuff?
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:38

LOL, nope not joking, sadly.

And you don't even get to meet the boys! What a bargain!

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:42

only 225$ for a drink! wow i'm gonna get a pass!!!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:51

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Got this e-mail:
>
>
> Dear Rolling Stones Ticket Buyer,
>

>
>
> The VIP Experience allows you to enjoy
> complimentary cocktails, an incredible array of
> delicious appetizers, a commemorative laminate
> lanyard to protect and display your concert
> ticket, and a very special gift from the band!
>
>
> A personally signed jar of vasoline!
> >
> SBC Ticket Office

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-08 01:42 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:53

"At just $225 per person, this is sure to add significantly to your evening with the Rolling Stones!"
this is surely significantly adding to your expenses

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:54

what a bargain!

sign me up for two

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:56

I can't believe they call the cocktails "complimentary". This is an outrage.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 01:20

What a nice organization. And the price? Well, why not just sell your first born! Sheesh!!smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 8, 2005 01:27

You have to hand it to them. IF there is way to @#$%& the fans out of a nickel. Then just leave it up to these guys to do it

Date: November 8, 2005 01:45

I suppose they are hoping people will think they'll actually meet the Stones there.Sad way to go.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 8, 2005 01:57

"Display your ticket?!"

Whenever confronted with, say, a $35 t-shirt--much less nonsense on this scale--I always try to imagine how many CDs I could purchase for the money involved.

For a couple, this is $550 added to what would have to be a pair of top-tier seats: $1000.

So, for $1500...or five CDs per hundred dollars--75 top-priced CDs. The Stones' ENTIRE catalogue plus a bunch of Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson, Gram Parsons, Jimmy Reed, etc. Music. Incredible music. It is about music, right?

Amoeba Records on Haight Street in San Francisco is probably as good on both price and selection as any record store in the world. I was visiting last week and grabbed a Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys import, some rare Wailers discs and so on...

Seems a better investment than "a commemorative lanyard."

As much as I love the Stones and still believe in the ritual and excitement of the big crowds/shows, this stuff is getting really strange.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:12

C'mon...where is your spirt?

They said the drinks are complimentary and who knows, the "special gift" may be one of them tounge buttons that blink?

The economy is GREAT, I suggest everyone to do this. Again, the economy is GREAT...just listen to FOX News and White House Press briefings.

Date: November 8, 2005 02:15

trainarollin Wrote:
> C'mon...where is your spirt?
>
>
>
> The economy is GREAT, I suggest everyone to do
> this. Again, the economy is GREAT...just listen to
> FOX News and White House Press briefings.

my economy sucks!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:21

that michael cohl's a nice guy

Date: November 8, 2005 02:22

chippy Wrote:
> that michael cohl's a nice guy

he's fuched more people than Bill Wyman!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:23

For $225 I better be sitting in Charlie's lap for the first 3 songs....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:27

Richard from Canada Wrote:
> I suppose they are hoping people will think
> they'll actually meet the Stones there.Sad way to
> go.

they do indeed - and every tour there are people dumb enough to buy it hook, line and sinker based on the assumption that if something costs THAT much, then that means you're SURELY going to get something really special for your money

Completely shameless.

but hey, "its only rock 'n' roll", ain't it? sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-08 02:28 by Gazza.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:28

I would bet this scam originated with Peter Magowan and the SF Giants marketing staff. Gotta pay that financing off on that gold mine of a park. (Even with the lame name, which I hear is about to change for the 3rd time in 4 years).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:33

No - that sort of thing has been going on at various locations over the last three tours or so.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 02:33

It should be clear that the Stones have completely abandoned the ideals of rock'n'roll. People wonder why the setlists are dull and crowds are nothing more than disinterested tourists gorging themselves on nachos and hot dogs.

The Stones could make, say $50 or $60 million rather than $200 million and maintain some dignity and not look like high-priced whores.

People who scream "Lay off them!!" or "Just be glad they're still around!" Well...@#$%& YOU, PAL!! The Stones are worth BILLIONS, and we've all contributed plenty to their wealth.

So I think we've earned the right to bitch about un-creative setlists or shitty solos. I'll save my sympathy for working class folks...and the Devil.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 8, 2005 03:15

This is what the Stones have become, Hustlers trying to ripp off one last dollar from naive fans. its "SAD,SAD,SAD.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 8, 2005 03:27

Do you get a "complimentary" jar of vaseline? You're gonna need it!

Damn, my boy LK had already beat me to the punch(line) on this one. Sorry!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-08 03:37 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 8, 2005 03:56

The special gift is a 18 inch dildo that has the Stones Tongue logo on it. You can use it to @#$%& yourself. Because the stones did it to you first when you paid @225 for some shitty drinks and some cocktail franks .

Posted by: RubyKel ()
Date: November 8, 2005 08:04

I agree with you No Expectations. They need to pay off the ball park....with attendance down due to BALCO & Bonds...they have to get the $$ somewhere.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 8, 2005 09:13

And you don't even get hookers! So much for rock 'n' roll.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 8, 2005 09:45

Ok, no hookers..but what about a fluffer before I look for my seat?

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 09:50

If we had the chance to meet with the boys, i guess we would pay $2250... We migh get a picture autographed by them ...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 8, 2005 10:44

I wonder if we can stay in the field club the whole night if it storms, it's freezing, and the field turns into a muddy mess. That might be worth something.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 8, 2005 11:10

They try hard, but they still not make it right....what about a price list like this:

watching Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ron leaving their cars on concert site arrival: 5.000 US-$

touching any of them - 1 second: 500 US-$
2 seconds: 900 US-$
5 seconds: 2.000 US-$
BARGAIN-special offer - touching them 2 seconds and being allowed to say either "Hello Mick, hello Keith, hello Charlie, hello Ron" (1 choice only):
just 1.000 US-$

Used towels by either Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ron - 750 US-$ each (avaliable for pickup just after show end)

Guitar picks used by Keith or Ron - 250 US-$ each

...and the list could go on and on...any more ideas ? Let us create a "definite sell-out catalog" and mail it to them!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 8, 2005 15:29

This is for music business types and yellow press types only, isn't it? It's the kind of a party for the starlets and scenesters that only know them from hearsay. The TV celebrity shows will be there, asking them what's you're favorite song? And they'd say 'Aw that Sympathy For the Devil Remix was like really nice you know'.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home