Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: ShoalsFest 2021
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 20:43

Announced today so figured it's time for it's own thread (feel free to marry it with another thread tho)
Couple things I thought I'd mention:

1. Obviously anyone going to the Stones in Pittsburgh on Oct. 3rd (here's hoping!) won't be at this show, BUT if Louisville and Atlanta fall anywhere near these dates those are easy stops from here. Atlanta even has a cheap one-way puddle jumper on Boutique Air from Muscle Shoals airport.
2. Candi Stanton has played venues here before, and she's, well, Candi Stanton.
3. Cedric Burnside (grandson of R.L. Burnside) is currently my favorite drummer live. Simply put, he's amazing. He plays here often and usually plays guitar and sings (fantastic blues guitar player as well) but then jumps on the drums part of the show. He's a SingleLock recording artist, they're based here in Florence.
4.Finally, my offer still stands of playing tour guide to any IORRers (if I'm here), and at very least I'm happy to provide info on the area etc.. If any of you do make it don't forget to book a tour of Muscle Shoals Sound for your Stones' history smiling smiley

Re: OT: ShoalsFest 2021
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 7, 2021 20:46

The Drive Bys opening one night for Jason who headlines two nights. Hoo boy.

Date: June 7, 2021 20:51

rbk
Will be rockin' for sure! FYI for anyone who doesn't know the Shoalsfest is put on by Jason (and others obviously), he headlined last time as well

hot smileyRe: OT: ShoalsFest 2021
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 7, 2021 21:00

rbk
Must see and can't miss for sure . I have to get on Ticketmaster and grab some seats

Re: hot smileyRe: OT: ShoalsFest 2021
Date: June 8, 2021 00:49

TheGreek
rbk
Must see and can't miss for sure . I have to get on Ticketmaster and grab some seats

Hey Greek, not positive but appears only way to buy tickets will be thru the shoalsfest site. It also says that tickets will be for both dates fyi

Re: hot smileyRe: OT: ShoalsFest 2021
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2021 17:11

snoopy2
TheGreek
rbk

Hey Greek, not positive but appears only way to buy tickets will be thru the shoalsfest site. It also says that tickets will be for both dates fyi
Good to know and thanks for the info !

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2021 18:28

rbk

You can damn well bet Jason will play a song or two with DBT.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 22:46

Anyone have the Jason, Patterson, and Mike live unplugged show from the Shoals Theatre? I'm in the middle of remodeling my bathroom and I've played that one over and over again while working on it.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 9, 2021 00:17

The boys have been trading funny barbs on Twitter about the show involving potato salad and baked bean fights and dragging Ann Margaret into the proceedings.

Date: June 9, 2021 02:17

TumblinDice76
Anyone have the Jason, Patterson, and Mike live unplugged show from the Shoals Theatre? I'm in the middle of remodeling my bathroom and I've played that one over and over again while working on it.

Love this recording! Jason & Patterson also got together at Shoals theater to honor Patterson's dad David Hood for his birthday (of Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section). I attended this show but don't know if there is a recording, would be worth finding one if it exists, many other guests as well. David Hood played onstage with Mavis Staples at first ShoalsFest, so never know who jumps on stage around here

Date: June 11, 2021 03:20

Friendly reminder, general ticket sale starts tomorrow 10am central..

I was going to say they're a bit spendy but then realized I'm talking to the Stones' crowd, who laugh in the face of "spendy"

Date: September 28, 2021 22:20

We are now unable to attend and have (2) Two-day tickets good for entire event to sell. Will sell BELOW face as they are not accepting refunds and I'm hoping to make something back.. $200 worth of tickets for?? Make an offer! Yes, they are transferrable

Lucinda Williams, Jason Isbell, Drive-By Truckers and more

Will post a ticket listing in the ticket forum as well, thx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home