Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:11

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Treesnake2000 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why do all of you keep humoring ferrante9 by
> > responding to his posts as if you are
> > participating in an argument with a
> reasonable
> > person? He is only trying to f*ck with you
> (and
> > succeeding)! Just ignore him,
>
>
> some of us like to mock the afflicted....

on the money Gazza!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-18 20:37 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:59

How embarrassing it must be to defend an artist who writes cheesy bubblegum pop tunes. Wings were horrible. But I guess if you are a Beatles fan your only choice is to see Paul play since that all that's left. And since Paul is the last one standing he gets to cash in. Ringo is a non factor.

I must say it is funny to see someone get a boner of Paul M. like that. Have fun hearing him play goofy songs like When I'm 64. I'll be listening to rock n roll.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:47

I'd rather see the Ringo All Starr Band than McCartney at this point.

Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 19, 2005 07:16

THAT'S THE MISSCOPETION ABOUT MACCA IF YOU ARE A CLOSED MINDED STONES FAN.

WHEN I M SIXTY FOUR IS JUST ONE OF THE SONGS HE WROTE.

WHAT ABOUT HELTER SKELTER? DRIVE MY CAR? JR FARM? LIVE AND LET DIE? THESE SONGS ARE NOT ROCK AND ROLL???

SEE......YOU ARE A TRUE BUFFOON IF YOU THINK MACCA IS ONLY A POP ARTIST.

HE STARTED HEAVY METAL WITH HELTER SKELTER, THE VERY FIRST HEAVY METAL SONG.

LIVE AND LET DIE IS LOUDER THAN ANY SONG THAT THE STONES DID.

TRUE BUFFOON THAT YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN CAN'T SELL OUT A STADIUM OF 20 000 PEOPLE IN ITALY, LET ALONE 50 000.

IF HE GOES TO SPAIN, HE LL BE LUCKY TO GET 8000. MARK KNOPFLER IS A LOT MORE POPULAR THAN SPRINGSTENN IN EUROPE AND HE HAD HARD TIME SELLING OUT ARENAS ON HIS PAST TOUR. SO YOU GO FIGURE.

WINGS WERE THE BEST BAND IN THE 70'S....THAT'S WHY THEY WERE THE BEST SELLING ACT OF THAT DECADE, AND BROKE ATTANDACE RECORD FOR A CONCERT, AND SOLD THE MOST RECORD THAN THE STONES AND THE BEATLES. THAT'S A SIGN OF POPULARITY RIGHT THERE.

HOPE OF DELIVRANCE SOLD MILLINS OF COPIES AROUND THE WORLD...AND THAT WAS A SINGLE RELEASED IN 1993.

IN THE 80'S MACCA HAD MILLION SELLER SINGLES WITH SAY SAY SAY, EBONY AND IVORY, ONCE UPON A LONG AGO., COMING UP.

SO....IN YOUR FACE YOU BUFFOONS!!!!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 19, 2005 10:22

I think it's cool that Paul has young, gay fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-19 10:32 by drbryant.

Date: November 19, 2005 10:23

I should emphasize that the previous post was in no way meant to disparage either Ferrante or gays in general. I think that it is great. Dolly Parton, Barbara Streisand, Liza Minelli, Diana Ross, Paul McCartney, Barry Manilow are all terrific artists with large gay and transsexual fan bases. More power to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-19 10:37 by drbryant.

Date: November 19, 2005 10:30

The problem is, this comment is just too hilarious:

WINGS WERE THE BEST BAND IN THE 70'S....

Uhh, let's see: Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goat's Head Soup, IORR, Black and Blue, Some Girls

OR

Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway, BOTR, Venus & Mars, London Town, Back to the Egg.

5 of those 6 albums are practically unlistenable (BOTR is fine). Try to get through Wild Life or Back to the Egg. There no hits on those albums, in fact, mostly just sound bites. Truly awful. Red Rose Speedway, Venus & Mars and London Town have some decent cuts, but the bad tracks are so bad that they make you want to puke -- try listening to crap like "Girlfriend, I want to be your Boyfriend" without gagging.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-19 10:38 by drbryant.

Date: November 19, 2005 18:36

michael jackson covered the song girlfriend..........

great love song........back to the egg is a punk rock album.....from wild life to back to the egg...you can see his musical diversity and diversity.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 19, 2005 18:38

FARTANTE WROTE:

>........back to the egg is a punk rock album.....from wild life to back to the egg...you can see his musical diversity and diversity.

u call this musical diversity. i call it a pile of horse dung.

Date: November 19, 2005 19:01

that's why macca is the king of the kings in music.

he's done:
rock
hard rock
punk rock
heavy metal
country
folk
ballads
love songs
disco
bosa nova
classical
etc....

what have the stones done:
country rock
rock and roll

but that's it!!!!!!!

CAN MICK JAGGER SELL OUT A BIG STADIUM SOLO?????
CAN BONO SELL OUT A BIG STADIUM SOLO?????

I DON'T THINK SO.

WHAT ABOUT MACCA:::moody smiley???

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!!

ELVIS WAS THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL
M.JACKSON WAS THE KING OF POP
THE STONES ARE THE BEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND ON EARTH

MACCA IS THE KING OF THE KINGS IN MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 19, 2005 19:11

the pretty things,stones, and hell sure j hendrix invented h metal!!! never the beatles!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2005 21:24

ferrante9 Wrote:
> michael jackson covered the song
> girlfriend..........
>
>
> great love song........back to the egg is a punk
> rock album.....from wild life to back to the
> egg...you can see his musical diversity

yeah, its called being shite in several different genres

Date: November 19, 2005 21:39

ferrante9 Wrote:
> that's why macca is the king of the kings in
> music.
>
> he's done:
> rock
> hard rock
> punk rock
> heavy metal
> country
> folk
> ballads
> love songs
> disco
> bosa nova
> classical
> etc....
>
> what have the stones done:
> country rock
> rock and roll
>
> but that's it!!!!!!!
>

so according to your logic, theyve never done 'blues' or 'R&B' even though they were formed as a band who exclusively played that sort of music? You need certified, mate....

When did McCartney play 'heavy metal' music? Should Motorhead be shitting themselves?

The Stones have done all of the above, with the exception of classical and 'bossa nova' (thankfully), and probably done the various styles better than anyone else. Theres not much point in making gestures towards different styles of music if youre not going to do it well.

Throw in Tex-mex (Sweethearts together), Spanish (Blinded by love), African/World music (Continental drift), variations on rap music (Too Much Blood, etc), soul music (lots of examples, especially on a few Motown style songs), jazz (Melody), funk ("Dance" etc), reggae (' You dont have to mean it' etc),psychedelic ('satanic majesties' etc) and whatever type of genre you wish to call "Might as well get juiced".

I could go on on and on but I reckon your head is probably spinning enough already.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-19 21:40 by Gazza.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 19, 2005 23:38

gazza wrote:

>When did McCartney play 'heavy metal' music? Should Motorhead be shitting themselves

ferrante9 considers silly love songs to be heavy metal.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 20, 2005 00:36

I agree with "bigbang"s" reviews and posts.

I think Keith's playing on this tour is fine all in all. Truth is Keith is carrying the guitar sound in the band these days. And that said it is what it is.

To carry on the Stones need to bring on a lead guitar player!

Date: November 20, 2005 02:18

WHAT DO YOU CALL HELTER SKELTER???

BUFFOON!!!!!!! SILLY LOVE SONG IS DISCO, BUT HELTER SKELTER????

TRUE BUFFOON!!!!!!

HAVE THE STONES DONE CLASSICAL????

MACCA HAS, AND HE ALWAYS HIT #1 WITH HIS CLASSICAL ALBUMS!!!!!

NOW...ANSWER MY QUESTION THAT ALL OF YOU SEEM TO AVOID.

CAN MICK JAGGER OR BONO SELL OUT A BIG STADIUM OR EVEN SMALL ARENAS ???

THE ASNWER IS NO WAY JOSE!!!!

CAN MACCA DO IT????

HE'S BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND ALSO HE'S SET WORLD RECORDS LEFT AND RIGHT!!!!!

TOUR OF THE YEAR EVERY TIME HE GOES OUT THERE ON TOUR ETC......

PERHAPS THE STONES NEED TO CUT DOWN THE JAMMING AT THE END OF EACH SONGS AND START PLAYING MORE SONGS.........

MACCA IS INDDED THE KING OF THE KINGS OF MUSIC!!!!

Date: November 20, 2005 02:45

Being called a buffoon by someone of your deep verbal and arguing skills is indeed a true compliment. Thank you, kind sir

Helter Skelter is 'heavy metal' ? You must be kidding me, sonny...playing a song loudly and noisily doesnt make it 'heavy metal'....

Who cares if the Stones have done classical or not? What does that prove? Why make a record in a genre you dont care for? And how many people who bought Macca's classical albums do you think would be capable of telling a bassoon from an oboe? (probably just as few as the number of genuine afficianadoes of the likes of Beethoven or Chopin who would be likely to wax enthusiastically over a classical album by a pop star...)

I suppose Mccartney 'invented' classical music just like he 'invented' heavy metal.

Jagger and Bono dont need to try and sell out anywhere as solo acts because they still have a band who do that. McCartney doesnt. His fans therefore have no alternative but to go and see his live shows if they want to hear his old songs. Had McCartney's recording career began in 1971 and he had never been in the Beatles, do you think he'd be anywhere near as successful? Do you think the majority of people who go to McCartney shows come to hear "Pipes of Peace" or "Ebony and Ivory"? Bono has never recorded as a solo act so to assume he couldnt be successful if he was is a pointless argument.

For the record, Jagger's only solo tours were in 1988. An arena tour of Australia which consisted of about 15 sold out shows and a tour of Japan which featured sold out shows in both arenas and stadiums (two shows in the Tokyo Dome, capacity around 50,000 or more). So, yeah - I think he was capable of selling out arenas AND stadiums when he chose to tour. Another silly argument demolished. Keep 'em coming.

the only coherent points youve made in this entire argument is that Mccartney is a successful live and recording act (which isnt in dispute) and the statement that the Stones should play more songs in concert..

Other than that, I think the guys in white coats with the nets are looking for you.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-20 03:29 by Gazza.

Date: November 20, 2005 04:41

you can call me master debator loaf.

mick jagger will not sell out a stadium on a consistan basis ....because he can't.

can he break macca's world record set in rio in 1990??? 184 000 people paid to see macca.

wings proved that there was life after the beatles. as a matter of fact, wings became bigger than the beatles. they sold more records, and they were the first band ever to do a large scale tour .

they broke the record of best selling single with mull of kyntire
they broke attandance record in 1976 in seatles 76 000.
million single sellers left and right
7 consecutive #1 albums.

people were saying " f the beatles" long live wings:"

wings outsold the stones in their prime, and the beatles combined in the 70;s

had macca career bagan in 1971 with wings, he 'd be more succesfful........because people would not overshadow his great music with beatles music.

flaming pie, pipes of pieve, tug of war, driving rain, flamming pie would be considered masterpieces if it hadn't been for the beatles, and beatlesfans.

you can say that beatles fans kinda hurt macca solo career.

bono if he went solo would be nobody.

mick jagger would be a buffoon cancelling concert dates due to poor ticket sales.

helter skelter was the very first heavy metal song.

AND LASTLY...........I WANT YOU TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

WHO HELPED THE STONES GETTING THE FIRST HIT RECORD???/

MACCA.

YES, I KNOW A LOT OF YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE TO ADMIT IT, BUT MACCA WROTE I WANNA BE YOUR MAN, A SONG ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FOR RINGO, BUT MACCA GAVE IT TO THE STONES , AND THE STONES HAD THEIR FIRST HIT RECORD.

I WANNA BE YOUR MAN WAS WRITTEN BY MACCA.

IF IT HAND'T BEEN FOR MACCA, THE STONES WOULD BE LIKE THE MONEKEYS!!!!!!!

Date: November 20, 2005 04:42

Ferrante......one question: did you take yur medication?

Date: November 20, 2005 04:45

ASNWER MY QUESTION INSTEAD OF COMING BACK WITH WEAK AND STUPID STATEMENTS....

MACCA WROTE I WANNA BE YORU MAN, AND GAVE IT TO THE STONES.........IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR MACCA, THE STONES WOULD BE AN ENGLISH VERSION OF THE MONEKEYS.

IT'S ROCK HISTORY....AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT...READ SOME ROCK AND ROLL LITERATURES.....AND YOU LL LEARN.

BUFFOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 20, 2005 04:49

ferrante9 Wrote:
> ASNWER MY QUESTION INSTEAD OF COMING BACK WITH
> WEAK AND STUPID STATEMENTS....
>
> MACCA WROTE I WANNA BE YORU MAN, AND GAVE IT TO
> THE STONES.........IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR MACCA,
> THE STONES WOULD BE AN ENGLISH VERSION OF THE
> MONEKEYS.
>
> IT'S ROCK HISTORY....AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE
> IT...READ SOME ROCK AND ROLL LITERATURES.....AND
> YOU LL LEARN.
>
> BUFFOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to get laid

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 20, 2005 04:58

ferrante, Good night!
(I dont want to be banned by being rude).

Date: November 20, 2005 09:28

dude......

macca is clearly the #1 live act.

is that weren't the case.... how come every tour he does is always voted the tour of the year????

the stones are probably #2 or 3........which is not bad.

just not as good as macca.

i like the stones because they have a b stage and they mix up the set list.

but i mean....no beast of burden???? barely 2 hour show?????

for goodness sake...at least macca play for over 2.30 hours

Date: November 20, 2005 11:34

Stuff that makes SOL sound like classic lyrics:

Ebony and Ivory, live together in perfect harmony, side by side on a pya-no keyboard, oh lord, why can't we . . . .

Soldier boy, kisses girl, leaves behind a tragic world . . . .

Say that you love me, my salamander

Don't go chasing polar bears, people who chase polar bears sometimes can make mistakes

Mary had a little lamb, her fleece was white as snow . . .

Bip bop, bip mm bop, bip bop bip mm bam

Girlfriend, I'm gonna tell you boyfriend, tell him, exactly what you're doing . . .

We were talking last night, magneto and titanium man . . .

wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo, my love does it good.

I have no answer for you, little lamb . . .

Hard to believe that they guy who wrote Hey Jude wrote this crap. Ouch.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 20, 2005 13:49

Gazza Wrote:
> Other than that, I think the guys in white coats
> with the nets are looking for you.....

grinning smiley RIGHT ON GAZ!!!!!!

This dude is just as dumb, stupid and @#$%& up as the people who think the Stones invented everything.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 20, 2005 14:04

actualy all those lines that you mentined are from masterpieces.......

why don't you answer my question isntead????

who gave the first hit the stones????

who wrote i wanna be your man????

who was it written for???? it was written for ringo as a garbage song, macca gave it to the stones because he felt sorry for them and wanted to helpe them out.

the song was the stones' first hit...a macca composition.

we should be thankful for macca...because if he hadn't been for macca, we would be an english version of the monkey.

thank god ringo didn't make it a hit.....and thank you macca for giving it to us instead!!!!!!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 20, 2005 14:19

Yes, Lennon & Macca wrote 'I wanna be your man' which probably is one of the worst songs the Rolling Stones ever recorded, just because it doesn't sound like them. IWBYM didn't provide THE hitsingle that made the Stones. It was a nice gesture by the beatles to give jagger and richards the song, true, but would ringo recorded it, it would have been a great flop.

I don't understand why you keep posting that Macca is the king of kings, etc. on a Stones board. Or keep insisting that Helter Skelter is a heavy metal song. That's a clear example of an anachronism.

The Wings became a huge band, because there were no Beatles anymore. The Wings provided a substitute. Without the Beatle legacy the Wings would have been another brittish pop band and nothing more.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 20, 2005 14:23

ferrante9 Wrote:
> who wrote i wanna be your man????

Who did the good version of it??? The Beatles version suck.

(Can't believe I drag myself down to talk at this level).

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 20, 2005 21:56

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WITHOUT MACCA CREATIVITY, THE STONES WERE NEVER GOING TO MAKE TI.

BUT BECAUSE MACCA WROTE I WANNA BE YOUR MAN, IT HELPED THE STONES BREAK IT THROUGH.

THAT'S ROCK HISTORY.........AND YOU CAN'T DENY IT.

I MYSELF WITNESS BOTH SHOWS BY BOTH ACTS IN THE SAME CITY.

STONES ON 11/4 AND A WEEK LATER MACCA ON 11/11.

MACCA BY FAR WAS THE BEST CONCERT......I EVEN GOT MY LP SIGNED BY HIM AT THE END OF THE SHOW!!!!!!!

DOES MICK AND COMPANY EVER SIGN ANYTHING FOR FANS AT THE END OF THEIR SHOWS????

I SPENT 4K TO GET FRONT ROW FOR MACCA, AND HE REWARDED ME WITH AN AUTOGRAPH.
I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY FOR THE STONES TOO, AND I GOT A B AVERAGE SHOW.....B - TO BE MORE ACCURATE.

NO BEAST OF BURDEN, WEAK VERSION OF MISS YOU AND HOKNEY TONK, LAME CROWD.

MAMMA MIA, LIVE AND LET DIE, TOO MANY PEOPLE, AND HELTER SKELTER BROUGHT DOWN ANAHEIM .......

I WAS EXPECTING THE SAME FROM MISS YOU AND SATISFACTION.......BUT......IT DIDN'T BRING ANYTHING DOWN.

AND PLUS THE CROWD WAS HEADING TOWARDS THE EXIT WAY BEFORE THE LAST SONG.

MACCA, NOBODY WANTED TO LEAVE AFTER THE CONCERT.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 20, 2005 23:29

Without "I Wanna Be Your Man," the Stones would have been--or would be now--diminished in creativity or stature?

Who, besides a Beatles freak, even remembers "I Wanna Be Your Man?" I'm guessing that the Stones would have done OK with Willie Dixon, Chuck Berry (and Johnnie Johnson) and Lieber/Stoller as creative "partners" until they could get to creating, I don't know..."Jumpin' Jack Flash," "Gimme Shelter," and dozens--dozens--of other monuments of rock'n'roll.

Which is actually a lot like the Beatles and: Little Richard, Berry Gordy, The Iseleys, Chuck Berry (and Johnnie Johnson), Buck Owens, and Lieber/Stoller, when you actually think about it...

As for the stale feeling that is creeping into the live experience? God, how I wish the mighty Rolling Stones--who have so much left to give--weren't giving you ammunition...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home