Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: November 17, 2005 00:56

I was there too and although it was disappointing in several respects I still thought it was very good overall. I had no problems with security and the people in my section nearly all stood, danced and yelled throughout. Paint It Black sounded fabulous to me and Get Off Of My Cloud. I couldn't believe they REDUCED the no. of Bigger Bang songs (to 3) rather than increase them.

I saw them again two nights later at the Hollywood Bowl and they were awesome so don't write them off if you were unlucky enough to only catch the Anaheim show. Far nore inspired and vital. Midnight Rambler was smoking and it was a great rendition of Dead Flowers amongst many highlights. Several people around me (myslef included) thought Back Of My Hand was the best number up to that point which pleasantly surprised me.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 17, 2005 07:20

BULL!!!!!

THE TORONTO SARS CONCERT WAS A FESTIVAL FEATURING OTHER ARTISTS.....


IF YOU READ TEH GUINESS BOOK OR RECORDS, MACCA HOLDS THE RECORD FOR HIEGHET PAYING AUDIENCE......RIO IN 1990 ...184 000 WERE THERE......NOT TO SEE OTHER ACTS....BUT TO SEE ONLY MACCA.

THAT'S A FACT...AND IT S IN THE BOOK OF RECORDS.

NOW....WHY DOES PAUL MAKE MORE NOISE WHENEVER HE GOES OUT THERE ON TOUR? LOOK AT THE 2 RUSSIAN SHOWS TAHT HE DID.....MOSCOW AND ST PETERSBURG....
THE STONES PLAYED IN RUSSIA, BUT THERE WASN'T EVEN NEARLY HALF OF THE BUZZ THAT MACCA CREATED.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IS ONLY POPULAR ON THE EAST COAST......HE WILL NOT SELL OUT A BIG STADIUM 9 CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS IN LA OR ANAHEIM...I LL TELL YOU THAT.

OR LET HIM GO TO EUROPE OR OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD.....HE WILL HAVE MAYBE 5000 PEOPLE AT HIS SHOWS.

THE STONES COULD BE RETIRING....BUT THEY ARE TOURING BECAUSE IT'S EASY MONEY.....PLAYING FOR 2 HOURS......THEN LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF TO THE BANK.

WHY IS MACCA STILL TOURING.......SAME REASON....BUT AT LEAST MACCA PLAYS A 2 .40 HOUR SHOW...NOT 2 HOURS. HE CARES ABOUT GIVING FANS VALUE FOR MONEY.

BUT THAT'S BEYOND THE POINT.

I LIKE THE STONES......BUT IF YOU GO TO EUROPE OR OTHER PARTS.....PEOPLE WHO DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH CAN'T SING ALONG TO THE STONES SONGS LIKE THEY CAN WITH MACCA SONGS.


ALSO.....THE STONES HAVE ATTRACTED MORE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY PLAYED MORE DATES.

IF MACCA PLAYED THE SAME AMMOUNT OF DATES.....HE D BE #1.

THE TOP LIVE ACTS TODAY ARE :

1- MACCA
2- U2
3- STONES


BUT TOO BAD U2 CAN'T CHARGE AS MUCH AS THE STONES AND MACCA.
IF U2 CHARGED LIKE MACCA AND THE STONES...THEY WOULD NOT SELL OUT AS MUCH.

I M STILL BUMP BY THE POOR PERFORMACE THAT THEY STONES DID IN ANAHEIM.
AFTER SEEING THEM IN LA IN 2003, I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT...BUT STUPID SET LIST WITH A COMBINATION OF POOR ENERGY LEVEL......MADE THE SHOW A B - SHOW.
I MEAN....MISS YOU WAS WEAK, NO BEAST OF BURDEN.........AND WHY ARE THEY DOING COVER SONGS???? SO STUPID. I GUESS THEIR SONGS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

I SAW MACCA A WEEK AFTER, AND IT WAS TRULY AMAZING.

I DON T THINK MICK CAN SING HELTER SKELTER LIKE MACCA CAN.

ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 17, 2005 07:28

YOUR A SAD NEGATIVE PERSON! EVEN PAULUS THINKS SO

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 17, 2005 08:23

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if i said it once i'll say it again, ferrante9 is
> like the gay, child molesting uncle that u don't
> invite over for christmas.

OK, at first I saw this as tasteless (amusing, but...).

Then, I noticed where ferrante9 had declared four McCartney & Wings albums superior to "Beggar's," "Let It Bleed," "Sticky Fingers," and "Exile."

The depth and accuracy of J.J.Flash's point became entirely clear.



Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: November 17, 2005 08:55

So what's the big fuss here? This ferrante9 dude ranks Macca and U2 higher than our boys and he keeps on talkning about records here and records there. That's ok I think, but I don't really get it why he insists on coming to a Stones site and tell us that kind of stuff. I mean I wouldn't go to a muslim site telling people to screw Muhammad and put there faith in Jesus and the Holy @#$%&' Ghost instead.


J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if i said it once i'll say it again, ferrante9 is
> like the gay, child molesting uncle that u don't
> invite over for christmas.

When you use gay in that context I presume you mean cheerful and excited, right!




Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 17, 2005 08:59

Sometimes I have the feeling I am in the wrong film or haven't seen the same shows as others did. Do you know anybody of this age who still has the guts to do such shows. Do you know any group which lasted with grace such a long time and do you know anybody which was able to bring out a fresh and vivid album once again?
I really enjoyed the Licks Tour, but I am happy and even though paying too much for tickets this time that I have seen such wonderful concerts from Calgary down to San Diego. I never ever thought that they would be able to play again such high consistency. But anyway I understand the point that they played only 3 new songs in Anaheim. But only when the warhorse episode began in Anaheim the audience were on track.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 17, 2005 10:16

THE AUDIENCE IN ANAHEIM WAS NEVER ON TRACK.

UGLY FAT WOMEN, AND OLD DUDES LEAVING EARLY TO BEAT THE TRAFFIC. EITHER THE STONES CAN'T KEEP A CROWD TILL THE LAST SONG, OR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PEOPLE ARE REALLY LAME.

BUT AGAIN, AMERICAN FANS ARE ALL LAME COMPARED TO EUROPEANS OR SOUTH AMERICANS.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LIKE THE STONES, AND I LIKE BIGGER BANG...EVEN THOUGH I THINK THE TITLE AND THE COVER REALLY SUCK......BIGGER BANG??? BANGING WHAT? AND LOOK AT THE COVER....SO UGLY!!!!!!


U2 ARE NO WAY NEAR THE STONES, AND IF THEY CHARGED 450 A TICKET, THEY'D BE A LOT OF EMPTY SEATS.

ONLY MACCA IS THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION ....HE IS THE BEST LIVE ACT AND THE BEST SONG WRITER EVER.

I DON T THINK MICK JAGGER, IF HE WENT SOLO WOULD BE ABLE TO SELL OUT STADIUM SHOWS AROUND THE WORLD. OR KEITH RICHARD FOR THAT MATTER, OR BONO.....

BUT MCCARTNEY, NOT WITH THE BEATLES, NOT WITH WINGS, STILL CAN SELL OUT AND BREAK ATTANDENCE RECORDS LEFT AND RIGHT.

DO YOU THINK IF MICK OR BONO DID A CONCERT IN ROME, 500 000 PEOPLE WOULD SHOW UP???

I DON T THINK SO


JUST LOOK AT MACCA VERSATILITY, AND YOU LL REALIZE THE REASON WHY HE IS THE KING OF THE KINGS IN MUSIC.

MICHALE JACKSON MIGTH BE THE KING OF POP
ELVIS THE KING OR ROCK AND ROLL
THE STOENS THE BEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND

BUT MACCA IS THE KING OF THE KINGS IN MUSIC!!!!!!!


FROM MULL OF KYNTIRE TO HELTER SKELTER. SEE THE VERSATILITY???

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 17, 2005 10:31

Ronnie´s got a hard time with all boozin & drinkin around ´im,
if ya ask me.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 17, 2005 10:42

Could it be that you missed out the your correct fanclub side???

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2005 20:08

Ferrante - you were right, Anaheim was a totally lame crowd. I still enjoyed myself, it was almost like a $20 drive in movie. Just go inside and watch the video screens. I think you would like it better in an arena. I have super cheap Fresno tickets if anyone is interested.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 18, 2005 00:35

Ferrante...We told you to stop drinking along time ago. We tried so hard with you. Now its come down to this,your on the Stones board and your making a fool of yourself. Stop sleeping on park benches and looking through trash bins for your dinner. Please call your mother,she's worried sick about you. The folks over at dear Pauls board are also looking for you. Please pick yourself up off the floor and come back for the help you need!

All the best,
Love Betty Ford,
P.S. Tell Ronnie Hello!!

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 18, 2005 01:16

I should not react, cause ithink you like it! the fact you like paul so much is enough, iand i as a stones fan (hate that word) rather hear john any day! all you really do is talk and try to promote elevator musicget out kid!

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 02:40

dude.......


macca live is a magical expeirece.....it's no surpise that he is the best live act of all time...even bigger than the beatles.


JUST LOOK AT WINGS...THEY OUTSOLD THE STONES AND THE BEATLES COMBINED IN THE 70'S!!!!!

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 18, 2005 02:44

ferrante9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dude.......
>
>
> macca live is a magical expeirece.....it's no
> surpise that he is the best live act of all
> time...even bigger than the beatles.
>
>
> JUST LOOK AT WINGS...THEY OUTSOLD THE STONES AND
> THE BEATLES COMBINED IN THE 70'S!!!!!


you sir, are an ignorant turd with a low brain cell count

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 02:53

I KNOW, THE TRUTH HURTS....BUT WHAT CAN I SAY?

LET ME NAME JUST FEW OF THE MILLION SELLSER SINGLES THAT MACCA DID WITH WINGS.

MULL OF KYNTIRE
SILLY LOVE SONGS
LIVE AND LET DIE
HI HI HI
GOODNIGH TONIGHT
LISTEN TO WHAT THE MAN SIAD
LET EM IN
BAND ON THE RUN
JET
HELLEN WHEELS
WITH A LITTLE LUCK

TO NAME A FEW.

ALL OF THOSE SINGLE SOLD MORE THAN ANY SINGLE THAT THEY BEATLES OR THE STONES PUT OUT!!!!!

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 18, 2005 02:57

ferrante9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------



you Cretin, have suffered severe head trauma and your brain surgeon left town



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-18 02:59 by Leonard Keringer.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2005 03:04

ferrante9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BULL!!!!!
>
> THE TORONTO SARS CONCERT WAS A FESTIVAL FEATURING
> OTHER ARTISTS.....
>
>
> IF YOU READ TEH GUINESS BOOK OR RECORDS, MACCA
> HOLDS THE RECORD FOR HIEGHET PAYING
> AUDIENCE......RIO IN 1990 ...184 000 WERE
> THERE......NOT TO SEE OTHER ACTS....BUT TO SEE
> ONLY MACCA.
>
> THAT'S A FACT...AND IT S IN THE BOOK OF RECORDS.
>
> NOW....WHY DOES PAUL MAKE MORE NOISE WHENEVER HE
> GOES OUT THERE ON TOUR? LOOK AT THE 2 RUSSIAN
> SHOWS TAHT HE DID.....MOSCOW AND ST
> PETERSBURG....
> THE STONES PLAYED IN RUSSIA, BUT THERE WASN'T EVEN
> NEARLY HALF OF THE BUZZ THAT MACCA CREATED.
>
> BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IS ONLY POPULAR ON THE EAST
> COAST......HE WILL NOT SELL OUT A BIG STADIUM 9
> CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS IN LA OR ANAHEIM...I LL TELL
> YOU THAT.
>
> OR LET HIM GO TO EUROPE OR OTHER PARTS OF THE
> WORLD.....HE WILL HAVE MAYBE 5000 PEOPLE AT HIS
> SHOWS.
>

Two words for that last point - "ball" and "ox"

Springsteen's last European tour with the E-Street Band in 2003 was a stadium tour. He can actually sell out stadiums in any country in Europe and (apart from the east coast of the US) its his biggest market

The reason why his most recent tour was in theatres was because he did a solo show and CHOSE to play that size of venue.

But hey, dont let facts get in the way of your argument

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 04:40

he is not popular enough to play italy, spain, switzerland, france, yougoslavia, easter europe.....he might get some people to see him in germany, skandinevian countries, and the uk. and that's it

get yoru fact straight!!!!

maccacan seel out everywhere.


let's face.....let numbers tell you the story.

who sold more albums than anybody else?

ANSWER: MACCA......AS A BEATLE, WING, SOLO!!!

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 18, 2005 04:45

ferrante9: please stop shouting, or get your keyboard fixed.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: November 18, 2005 06:20

ferrante9 says : "who sold more albums than anybody else? ANSWER: MACCA......AS A BEATLE, WING, SOLO!!!"

Excellent reasoning! Beatles have sold more than one billion albums, so even Ringo Star must be huger artist than Springsteen or Dylan... Do you want to discuss about numbers? OK. According to a list i know, Macca as solo artist sold 175 million copies including Wings period, of course. The Stones have sold 210 million. But why do you mention now the "deep past" (Beatles, Wings) ?? Probably because you don't like the numbers and the figures of the last 15-20 years... What about the recent albums? What about the last albums? ABB for the time being sold 2 million copies worldwide. The album was two weeks at #1 of the worldwide chart and it remained 5 weeks on top 10. Tell me now the universal numbers of "Chaos And Creation In The Backyard". Real chaos...

You can believe than Macca is making the greatest music. (God, i hardly can abide every Macca's album since Band On The Run) But, liked or not, the Stones are attracting clearly more people on their tours (i repeat, 22 million since 1989) and selling more albums than him. The numbers are so clear. If you don't like the reality, go back to the glory years of the Beatles...

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 06:54

Why do all of you keep humoring ferrante9 by responding to his posts as if you are participating in an argument with a reasonable person? He is only trying to f*ck with you (and succeeding)! Just ignore him,

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 18, 2005 07:30

boy, has this thread been hijacked!smiling smiley

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 07:50

OKAY.....

THE STONES HAVE BEEN TOURING AT A STEADY RYTHM FOR THE BAST 3 DECADES.

MACCA DOESN'T LIKE TO GO OUT THERE ON TOUR THAT MUCH. AND INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH, ALL HIS MAJOR WORLD TOURS HAD BEEN VOTED BEST TOURS OF THE YEAR ....1976 GOT TOUR OF THE YEAR AWARD...AND SPEAKING OF WHICH, IT WAS THE FIRST LARGE SCALE TOUR OF THE MODERN ERA.

1989-90 GET BACK TOUR GOT TOUR OF THE YEAR ( WORLD ATTANDANCE RECORD SET BY A SOLO ARTIST FOR A PAYING AUDIENCE 184 000 IN RIO)
1993 THE NEW WORLD TOUR WAS TOUR OF THE YEAR

2002-2003 DRIVING USA/BACK IN THE WORLD GOT TOUR OF THE YEAR ( CREATED SO MUCH BUZZ IN RUSSIA, ITALY, JAPAN, MEXICO)
2004 SUMMER TOUR + GLASTENBURY ( GOT EVEN OF THE YEAR)

2005 US TOUR ( SO FAR IS THE BEST TOUR OF THE YEAR)

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN SUCH AS PHENOMENON???

ALSO.....HIS LAST 7 STUDIO ALBUMS ARE AMONG HIS BEST OF ALL TIME......FROM PIPES OF PEACE TO CHAOS.

I AGREE THAT BIGGER BANG IS SELLING BETTER THAN CHAOS WORLWIDE...BUT NOT IN THE US....IN THE US CHAOS IS HUMILIATING BIGGER BANG. AND BOTH ACTS ARE TOURING AT THE SAME TIME.

IF MACCA HAD ANNOUNCED A WORLD TOUR, CHAOS WOULD HAVE BEEN SELLING LIKE BIGGER BANG.


ALSO,DON'T FORGET THAT MACCA IS NOW A SOLO ACT, NOT PART OF THE BEATLES, NOT PART OF WINGS...BUT HE IS JUST MACCA.

DO YOU THINK MICK JAGGER CAN SELL OUT HUGE STADIUMS AROUND THE WORLD, SELL MILLIONS OF ALBUMS???? DO YOU THINK BONO COULD SELL OUT HUGE STADIUMS AND SELL MILLINOS OF ALBUMS!!!!


THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.

IF MICK JAGGER OR BONO ANNOUNCED A WORLD TOUR IN HUGE STADIUMS, THEY'D BE LUCKY TO AVERAGE 8 000 PEOPLE PER SHOW!!!!

BY THE WAY, MACCA AS A SOLO ARTIST HAVE SOLD 175 000 ALBUMS........THAT SHOWS HOW POPULAR HE IS.

AND CHAOS IS OUTSELLING BIGGER BANG IN THE US.


Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2005 09:06

**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
************
************

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2005 09:07

OSER

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 18, 2005 16:19

Paul is + looks way to nice!The stones are not about numbers, you klerk!Paulus makes me miss lennon! Or george!WAY BACK IN tHE SIXTtIES,A GIRL COULD go home with him! Nothing wrong with macca, he is good! 4 songs after he left the beatles,are all right i think, thats not so much! And the stones will never drink a cup of coffee with bush ,not yesterday and today.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 18, 2005 16:22

joker man great dylan song by the by

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:26

ferrante9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he is not popular enough to play italy, spain,
> switzerland, france, yougoslavia, easter
> europe.....he might get some people to see him in
> germany, skandinevian countries, and the uk. and
> that's it

er....he sold out the San Siro in milan (capacity 80,000) on his last tour. He also filled a stadium in Florence.

Also the Stade de France in Paris (capacity 80,000)

Last time I looked at a map those cities were in Italy and France respectively (Italy is actually one of his biggest markets)

Also filled 3 stadiums in Spain, all 4 Scandivanian countries (including two >nights in Helsinki) plus sell out stadium shows in Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, UK and Ireland. Plus several in Germany.

No doubt if he bothered to go to eastern europe he could fill plenty of stadiums (he played to over 150,000 at a show in East Berlin in '88 before German unification)

Do you want me to go on or should I just bash you over the head again??


>get yoru fact straight!!!!

I think I just did. Try getting your spellchecker straight.

>maccacan seel out everywhere.

never said he couldnt. Just proving that your statement about Springsteen being unable to fill a venue with a capacity over 5,000 is complete and utter nonsense. I think I've proved my point.







Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-18 17:27 by Gazza.

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:27

Treesnake2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do all of you keep humoring ferrante9 by
> responding to his posts as if you are
> participating in an argument with a reasonable
> person? He is only trying to f*ck with you (and
> succeeding)! Just ignore him,


some of us like to mock the afflicted....

Re: MY Anaheim Review
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:39

Yes, sorry to say, but this thread is becoming ridicolous...

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 189 on August 24, 2021 20:10
Record Number of Guests: 4101 on December 24, 2020 10:57

Previous page Next page First page IORR home