Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

All the junkies in Oslo...
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 5, 2005 03:24

Oh yeah, every time The Stones have visited Oslo, all the junkies of the lower part of Karl Johan (our main street), have carried their asses to the nearest tube, and finally managed to get themselves to the outdoor venue, Valle Hovin, to see their "friends", on stage.

I wonder what will happen this time. Rumours have it that The Stones will perform at our 8000 seat indoor venue Oslo Spectrum. Can they afford it? Will I afford it? I really wonder what the ticket prices will vary between. Does anybody have a clue?

Re: All the junkies in Oslo...
Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: November 5, 2005 03:59

I can´t really see it happen. As I live in Trondheim, I´m a bit excited, but at the same time afraid, about how it would go on the Lerkendal Stadium. I think the guys up here has a bid on the gig. But, I guess they will play Valle Hovin again, if they play in Norway at all. If they play Spectrum - I´m afraid that a lot of tickets will go to sponsors and business people, prices between 500 and 1000 nok.

------------------------------
[rockandrollcentral.net]

Date: November 5, 2005 23:10

Oh, I fear a lot more, a whole lot more than 500-1000 nok. What I really fear is ticket prices between 1000 and 2000 nok, and then it really start to look like a corporative thing with business men out on the town doing representation...

Trondheim people almost didn`t care when Joe Cocker played in Nidarøhallen. Bob Dylan played at Trondheim Torg in the summer of 2001, but there was no rush for tickets. How can you expect Trondheim people to show up for a Stones concert?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 6, 2005 01:18

Spekrtum is history vs. Stones for 2006. They will play Valle Hovin or more probably a large outdoor field between the seven mountans way west in Norway - near the city of Bergen.

Bjornulf

Date: November 6, 2005 02:11

Well, Bergen is certainly a better place for veteran rockers than Trondheim.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 6, 2005 02:16

i,m not so shore about bergen is a better place than trondheim.i rather go to oslo than bergen.bergen has no rockhistory

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: November 6, 2005 02:54

yea to promote rain fall down. Good idea!!

Posted by: arvemm ()
Date: November 6, 2005 03:40

Hi noughties,

Last time I did "think" about "your" -problem-
I could only count 3 (three) or might be 4 (four)
of your "sayings" that got all the way into Valle
Hovin. At least I only did find 2 used "machines" ;-)

This time I for sure hope Bjørnulf is right, but
still never belive before I've got the ticket in hand
- and for sure also "safe inside "UP FRONT" !

Idiots that didn't sniff enough money to fill their
"ryggsekker" last time (2003) O

Only heard that they regret it and see "good" buiznieZ
this time. Still they want as much as Valle can vacuum
us for..........

Must be a very special "deal" with RS and record company
. trying to make it "Good" again ....." if it happens

- must be hope until "RUMOURED", then not gone again......

When will San Antonio come to "live" again ?

All the Best
Arve

Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: November 6, 2005 08:55

Its not a matter of the people of Trondheim. If the Stones play in Norway, whatever city, it´s gonna sell out! You talk about Bergen or Trondheim history - I think you´re way off! When has any of those cities had any good rocknroll bands?? And I mean rocknroll! But if I would vote for Bergen against Trondheim on this - Bergen´s gonna looose big time! I wonder if BV got some inside info on this, but anyway, I´m gonna put my money on Trondheim. Bergen! - that´s @#$%& Saft!

[rockandrollcentral.net]

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: November 6, 2005 17:35

Stones won't sell out Valle Hovin in Oslo. Last time they only sold 30000 out of 40000!
They'll probably get a guarantee from Bergen, so I go for Bergen this time. Trondheim lost it's chance on the Licks tour as the city would not guarantee a 30000 capasity at Lerkendal.

Date: November 7, 2005 21:39

Bergen just LOVE being visited by Elton John and Bob Dylan! They know what counts, -artists with staying power, not this Bylarm-stuff!

Posted by: RedLight ()
Date: November 8, 2005 14:31

I'd love to see the Stones in Bergen... or I'd love to see Bergen without the Stones...

Bergen is cool for one reason: It's full of native Norwegians. That's why it's such a lovely place... try coming to a large American city if you want contrast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home