Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Judee Still
Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: February 23, 2021 02:33

Hello,

Just discovered this artist via "What is in my Bag" series where a musician go to Amoeba record shop and choose some of his favorites albums.

Chris Robinson chose an album from Judee Still and just for the cover of the album I feel I have to dig in this artist.

So, I would like to know if somebody can tell me or share his opinions about Judee Still.

To me she is like Nike Drake, folky, sad, talented, not very well know among a lot of people.

Thanks and bye
Fernando

Re: OT: Judee Still
Posted by: roryg ()
Date: February 23, 2021 02:43

Great music and an interesting, tragic story.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 23, 2021 03:06

It’s Sill, not “Still”.

I learned about her when I worked at Amoeba’s Hollywood store. As I recall, her records didn’t sell and she became a dental technician. One of those artists who’s records are scarcer as commercial copies than as promo copies because she sold so poorly.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 23, 2021 03:33

I do remember the song ....Jesus Was A Cross Maker....was a "hit" or well known when I was a youngster

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 23, 2021 03:55

She's one of the wonderful undiscovered singer/songwriters of her time, along with Karen Dalton. Each is worth exploring regarding their music. I know Dylan has praised Dalton. I've no idea what he may have regarding Sills.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: February 24, 2021 00:51

Many thanks for your info. I am always trying to discover this not very well know incredible artists.

Bye
Fernando

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home