Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Time Is On My Side - Let's Spend The Night Together Movie
Date: February 7, 2021 21:34

I had not watched the movie in probably 20 years or more but decided to watch it last night.

During Time Is On My Side they show older images and I was surprised to see they showed images of Brian and I believe this is one of the last times I saw them recognize him as part of the band. They have certainly left out Bill Wyman more recently.

What I also noticed is there are several clips from the 69 tour from different angles as well as video clips from what I believe are 1973 and 1976.

So, where are the rest of the videos?

Anyone have insight on this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-07 21:35 by georgemcdonnell314.

Re: Time Is On My Side - Let's Spend The Night Together Movie
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 7, 2021 22:14

Can't help with that, but can say "Time" was the highlight (along with "UMT") of the 1981 tour.

I love the song on LSTNT.

Posted by: yearsinthemaking ()
Date: February 7, 2021 23:02

I remember thinking there were some interesting clips back when it came out. Now all of those videos are available. I believe the '69 stuff is Ed Sullivan. Nothing from '73. '76 is from the Hey Negrita promo

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 7, 2021 23:06

Elmo Lewis
Can't help with that, but can say "Time" was the highlight (along with "UMT") of the 1981 tour.

I love the song on LSTNT.

Thats not saying much. My least favorite tour

Date: February 7, 2021 23:23

Thank you.

I do not watch much television/videos so thank you for the input.

yearsinthemaking
I remember thinking there were some interesting clips back when it came out. Now all of those videos are available. I believe the '69 stuff is Ed Sullivan. Nothing from '73. '76 is from the Hey Negrita promo

Date: February 8, 2021 11:10

georgemcdonnell314
I had not watched the movie in probably 20 years or more but decided to watch it last night.

During Time Is On My Side they show older images and I was surprised to see they showed images of Brian and I believe this is one of the last times I saw them recognize him as part of the band. They have certainly left out Bill Wyman more recently.

What I also noticed is there are several clips from the 69 tour from different angles as well as video clips from what I believe are 1973 and 1976.

So, where are the rest of the videos?

Anyone have insight on this?

You didn't see the 50 & Counting-tour, I reckon?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 8, 2021 13:10

DandelionPowderman

50 & Counting-tour

O2 Arena London, 25-Nov-2012, It's All Over Now - [iorr.org] :

[www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com]

Date: February 8, 2021 19:03

Thanks Irix.

I was at this concert and remember the video clip.

However the clip I was mentioning in the movie actually showed a retrospective of the band. I should have been more clear.

Thanks for the positive input.

O2 Arena London, 25-Nov-2012, It's All Over Now - [iorr.org] :

[www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com][/quote]

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: February 9, 2021 14:49

I’d love to get a BluRay disc of the movie, since the dvd runs way too fast. Unfortunately the only BR at the moment seems to be the Japanese version. Expensive and wrong area code.

Date: February 9, 2021 22:24

I think we'll get a 40th anniversary remaster or deluxe box of this hopefully with some better editing.
And the entire unedited indoor show would be a great addition.

padre69
I’d love to get a BluRay disc of the movie, since the dvd runs way too fast. Unfortunately the only BR at the moment seems to be the Japanese version. Expensive and wrong area code.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 9, 2021 22:35

georgemcdonnell314
I think we'll get a 40th anniversary remaster or deluxe box of this hopefully with some better editing.
And the entire unedited indoor show would be a great addition.

padre69

I remember reading somewhere that Hal Ashby destroyed all tapes after the Final Cut. What a loss

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: February 10, 2021 10:25

hockenheim95
I remember reading somewhere that Hal Ashby destroyed all tapes after the Final Cut. What a loss

Really? Unbelievable, if it's really so.

Date: February 10, 2021 10:37

I don't know what's worse - the edits (shocking), the sound (there must be 40 soundboard recordings that sound better than this?) or the sped-up music (they played fast enough as they did.

I really love this film, but it's a shame that the final product turned into a mess.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 10, 2021 13:40

DandelionPowderman
I don't know what's worse - the edits (shocking), the sound (there must be 40 soundboard recordings that sound better than this?) or the sped-up music (they played fast enough as they did.

I really love this film, but it's a shame that the final product turned into a mess.
Yup this could have been an outstanding film in that a complete and uncut show from 1981 from start to finish versus this hodge podge sped up mess . Darn shame and the saving grace is the Hampton PPV Show which was given it's due with an official release sans some of the pre show backstage scenes like the shower scene . What is also notable about the Hampton PPV show coming soon after the tragic murder of John Lennon was the nut job rushing the stage during Satisfaction and the ballon drop and Keith stepping up to protect his mate Mick by wacking the intruder with his black Telecaster .You can't make this stuff up . Hal Ashby was also the producer of the PPV .

Date: February 12, 2021 13:39

georgemcdonnell314

They have certainly left out Bill Wyman more recently.

Does it mean that Bill can´t be seen in the current film?
has he been deleted as Trotksy was deleted in the pictures by Stalin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-12 13:42 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 13, 2021 07:13

padre69
hockenheim95

Really? Unbelievable, if it's really so.

Have never heard such a thing and nothing even hints at anything other than him destroying his marriages and health.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 13, 2021 11:42

padre69

Email me

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 13, 2021 19:52

emotionalbarbecue
georgemcdonnell314

Not in this movie, but he has been deleted on some other items, for instance the sleeve picture of their ‘Rarities’ album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-13 19:56 by Koen.

Date: February 14, 2021 01:26

Koen
emotionalbarbecue
georgemcdonnell314

Not in this movie, but he has been deleted on some other items, for instance the sleeve picture of their ‘Rarities’ album.

Thanks for your answer koen.

It is sad that Wyman may be treated this way. And it is also sad that some fans are not fully aware that without Watts/wyman´s task there would have never existed the Stones sound. Such is life...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 15, 2021 22:55

emotionalbarbecue
It is sad that Wyman may be treated this way. And it is also sad that some fans are not fully aware that without Watts/wyman´s task there would have never existed the Stones sound. Such is life...

Ever wondered how many people think TNT or Dirty Deeds or Highway To Hell is the same singer as Back In Black etc? I bet there are people that think that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home