Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 8, 2024 21:48

Of course, Edinburgh!! Totally forgot lol

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2024 23:01

IrelandCalling4

It only gets worse, old man!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2024 10:41

adotulipson
Alas no,1st concert was Wembley Empire Pool Sept 73

The '73 tour was my "baptism" too ... Manchester in my case.

I was 13 and it was pretty much the first time I'd been allowed to stray so far from home on my own . One of the most wonderful memories from my youth.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: April 9, 2024 15:41

Spud
adotulipson

I was 13 and it was pretty much the first time I'd been allowed to stray so far from home on my own . One of the most wonderful memories from my youth.

I remember a Spud from my secondary school, a couple of years older than me and as such my baptism was Newcastle 1982 (I wasn't a fan in 1976 but that all changed in 1977). Where was home Spud?

Date: April 9, 2024 15:51

SomeTorontoGirl
IrelandCalling4

Oh God I hope not! 49 and holding, though the reading glasses were purchased last year and the memory isnt exactly as it used to be.

If Mick can be as compos mentis at 80, there's hope for us all!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 10, 2024 00:30

SomeTorontoGirl
IrelandCalling4

It only gets worse, old man![/quotei
Yes it was Edinburgh in 2018, My home city. I did not want to be a fact checker.
But could not let Glasgow have bragging rights over the Capital of Scotland. Ednburgh. Lol !!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 10, 2024 01:20

Tonstone

Yes it was Edinburgh in 2018, My home city. I did not want to be a fact checker.
But could not let Glasgow have bragging rights over the Capital of Scotland. Ednburgh. Lol !!

TBH, it was too much fun trolling the kid, but I do feel bad now that he’s so old and decrepit! grinning smiley
(And yes…great city, great show!j

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 01:21 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: April 10, 2024 13:40

Tonstone
SomeTorontoGirl
IrelandCalling4

It only gets worse, old man![/quotei

Edinburgh was lovely actually, was my first time there. Been to Glasgow quite a bit for gigs, one of my best mates lives there (gigs including Stones 2003 and 2006).

That time in '03, Licks, first time seeing them indoors and in a relatively intimate setting. I was up front, the Stones mere feet away! Was so accustomed to stadiums, '03 (Glasgow and Dublin) was a revelation.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 17, 2024 17:45

IrelandCalling4
My name is Gearoid (Irish for Gerard), from Limerick City - the barbarian west coast of this fair Isle.
Been a fan of this band for 30 years. Have seen them 14 times; first was Wembley 1995, last was Glasgow 2018. Met Ronnie & Bill, would love to meet Keef!

It began in '93, I had a building fascination with them - a legacy act with a significant catalogue and a bit of wild reputation. Purchased 'Flashpoint', mid 1993. 'Ruby Tuesday' and the warhorses at the end really made an impression.Viewed Hal Ashby's 'Lets Spend the Night Together' toward end of '93 and loved it. Mick looked ridiculous in the sports gear, and Bill's ratty navy tracksuit, but this was the Stones, and the songs were top quality.

Fandom really took off March/April 1994 - bought Sticky Fingers, Beggars, Let it Bleed, one week after another. At the same time as delving into those classics I was reading Victor Bockris' 'Keith Richards'. Before I was online, even finding a proper list of Stones releases or views on their history was tough unless there was an article on them in the music press. The book provided a history, critical views on the catalogue, and lots of wild tales. Hyperbolic in places but a damn fine read and a wonderful education in the band and their history for a neophyte purchasing an album a week as my interest grew.

The 1971-1989 catalogue was reissued that summer, Voodoo came out; they were big business and big news. Perfect time really to investigate the catalogue. By the end of '94 I was all in, and have been ever since.

Joined IORR I think 2002, incredible to think it is 22 years ago. Met so many lovely people from the board at various Stones gigs. I hope to see the band at least once more, hoping for perhaps UK/Euro dates in 2025.

Gearoid, IrelandCalling4
Limerick City, Ireland
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 18, 2024 10:35

Valeswood
Spud
adotulipson

I remember a Spud from my secondary school, a couple of years older than me and as such my baptism was Newcastle 1982 (I wasn't a fan in 1976 but that all changed in 1977). Where was home Spud?

A bit further south...Yorkshire .

I've no idea where "spud" came from when I signed up here all those years ago..

...it was a totally random choice.

[I'd been visiting the site as a "guest" for some time .

I think I signed up in response to some of the speculative and imagined bollocks
posted by some folks following Keith's unfortunate bump on the noggin.

I suspect that since then, I've posted quite a bit of my very own bollocks grinning smiley]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 10:45 by Spud.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: April 19, 2024 19:19

Spud
Valeswood
Spud
adotulipson

A bit further south...Yorkshire .

I've no idea where "spud" came from when I signed up here all those years ago..

...it was a totally random choice.

[I'd been visiting the site as a "guest" for some time .

I think I signed up in response to some of the speculative and imagined bollocks
posted by some folks following Keith's unfortunate bump on the noggin.

I suspect that since then, I've posted quite a bit of my very own bollocks grinning smiley]

That means there are other 'Spuds' out there! And from Northern England.

I enjoy your posts Spud, keep the bollocks coming!!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:14

smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:40

SomeTorontoGirl
IrelandCalling4

Hard to believe, I was looking at Setlist.fm and in the last 19 years the Stones have only played Toronto in 2013. I was up there 4 times in 1989 & 1994.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 29, 2024 15:42

I'll re-introduce myself.

I was active her about 20 years ago, stopped checking in about 15 years ago except for the around the Tours but started to be around more lately.

Good to see old regulars are still around like Jumpingkentflash, Rockman, Mathijs, Dandelionpowderman and many, many more.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 29, 2024 16:42

Hi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 18:22 by SKILLS.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:52

Wuudy

I was active her about 20 years ago, stopped checking in about 15 years ago except for the around the Tours but started to be around more lately.

Good to see old regulars are still around like Jumpingkentflash, Rockman, Mathijs, Dandelionpowderman and many, many more.

Good ole Wuudy

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 30, 2024 12:23

JumpingKentFlash
Wuudy

Good ole Wuudy

Hi Kent! I had a look but it seems that Lorenz hasn't been active in 4 years unfortunately.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home