Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 29, 2022 21:56

rolling1us
Hi,

I'm am Ton from the Netherlands.

First show i saw The Hague may 30 1976. Hooked since then and glad to be a member of this great Forum.

rolling1us Netherlands thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 30, 2022 00:58

Sici
Hi everyone
My name is Sici from Turin in Italy. I am 58
I am crazy about The Rolling Stones and riding my motorbike (600,000 in 45 years)
I have seen 44 concerts in total: The Stones 24 times, Charlie Watts 4 times, Bill Wyman 4 times , Ron Wood 6 times, Mick Jagger once, as well as a few premieres.
I have filmed 26 of these myself out of the 44 I have seen
I am a collector of DVDs of concerts, films, appearances, and cameos of all things Rolling Stones, including wives, kids and musicians.
I have a collection of 2,700 DVDs created by editing clips from YouTube, and exchanging material with other collectors and fans.
My favourite programs are Adobe Premiere and Nero Vision.
My other passion is Photoshop; I have created 1,500 covers for my DVDs.
I hope to see some of you again in the coming hot summer
Sici

welcome

and if you see them this coming hot summer i hope to see some of your footage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-30 01:00 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: May 1, 2022 01:49

Ruediger
My name is Ruediger (actually with Umlaut „ü“) from Erlangen, Germany.
• 74 years old
• retired attorney at law
• married, two daughters
• fan since 1963 (a friend of mine who was a moonstruck Beatles-Fan gave me a 17 cm disc with the Lennon/McCartney composition “I wanna be your man”, played by some obscure unknown combo as he put it; he hated the version and did not like this combo while I became hooked)
• have so far seen 19 shows, nearly all in Germany
• I think that it’s all over now because of Charlie’s death
• the memories of a long life with the stones still linger on

Ruediger, Erlangen Germany thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-01 01:51 by colonial.

Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Date: May 3, 2022 00:32

steffialicia
Steffi from the Bronx, NY
Started life as a Beatles fan (still am of course) but got woke in 1978 at my first Stones show in Philadelphia. I've seen somewhere between 25 and 30 shows...lost count. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see them at all this time around. I'm praying for 2022.

steffialicia, Bronx NY thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: May 3, 2022 15:34

ProfessorWolf
Sici

welcome

and if you see them this coming hot summer i hope to see some of your footage

Yes, sure

Date: May 6, 2022 05:44

rbarnes00
Rbarnes00 originally from Ohio now in Miami, Florida, 42 years old.

I first remember hearing the Stones in 1990 on the radio when there was a 3 hour special of their music during the tour at that time.

Concerts include Cleveland 94, Detroit 97, Detroit 06, Columbus 06, Columbus 2015, Dallas 2015, Prague 2018, Jacksonville and Miami 2019.

rbarnes00, Miami Florida thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: May 17, 2022 13:42

rattler2004
Rattler

50-something living in San Antonio, Tx., originally from the Greater Cleveland area, I have lived in England for a few years and some other places all courtesy of the USAF.

Been a Stones fan since the late 70s, first concert ever was The Rolling Stones at the Cleveland Municipal Stadium in the summer of 1978.

rattler2004
San Antonio, TX thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: May 17, 2022 14:03

Flo, 46 and counting

from Berlin (Germany)
Musician, Filmscore-composer

Huge bootleg collector - 75/76/77/78/81/82

Love the new El Mo'

Cheerio

Date: May 18, 2022 09:17

DeeGee
Flo, 46 and counting

from Berlin (Germany)
Musician, Filmscore-composer

Huge bootleg collector - 75/76/77/78/81/82

Love the new El Mo'

Cheerio

DeeGee
Berlin, Germany thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 22, 2022 03:05

I'm Natalie from Canada, I joined IORR when I was 18 but I'm now nearly 27, time flies! I was born in 1995 so this website and I are the same age.

When I joined I was a first-year college student, now I'm a lawyer!

Have only seen them once so far back in 2015 in Buffalo, really grateful I got to see them with Charlie smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 22, 2022 03:10

alieb
I'm Natalie from Canada, I joined IORR when I was 18 but I'm now nearly 27, time flies! I was born in 1995 so this website and I are the same age.

Have only seen them once so far back in 2015 in Buffalo, really grateful I got to see them with Charlie smiling smiley

Natalie - didn’t we see one of Keith’s movies together at TIFF a few years back? You were a student…congrats on finishing law school! Nice to have some younger fans here too. Nice to see you back.

Date: May 24, 2022 07:00

alieb

alieb, Canada thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 21:01 by colonial.

Date: May 31, 2022 12:48

harleybla
Harleybla from Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Been a fan of the Stones since early 70's (remember the 45's?),
seen them 7 times over the years, Cleveland was my next one (LD's),
been to about 311 concerts of 166 different artists (according to my setlist fm)
in North America since 1979

harleybla
Gatineau, Canada
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: June 1, 2022 21:01

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 22:36 by colonial.

Date: June 9, 2022 22:34

Chitown23
Megan from Chicago, IL.
I just had my account turned back on after many years away.
24 shows under my belt. 1st was Kansas City 1999 and last was Glendale, AZ 2019.
Still holding lucky dips for STL and MN.

Keith shook MY hand from the catwalk during that 1st show in Kansas City 1999. He's been my guy since.
I've seen them as far away as Amsterdam on the Licks tour.

Glad to be back on the board. Glad to be anywhere!

Chitown23
Chicago, IL
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: June 13, 2022 20:59

MisterO
Bob O'Hanlon

58 years old......Born on July 31st only a few weeks after the Stones.

New Jersey

First Stones show was JFK Philadelphia 9/26/1981.

I never counted shows, my guess would be around 30.

One thing that might be interesting about my Stones fandom would be that I have seen just as many of the Stones perform separately as I have as the Stones as a whole. Starting with the New Barbarians, Live Aid all the way through Bernard.

MisterO, New Jersey
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: June 24, 2022 22:23

Tumlin73
Born 1956 in Birmingham UK

First concert B.ham odeon1973. ( formally Odean73 on here )

Around 20 concerts, favourite one’s obviously first one with Mick Taylor, Knebworth and a couple of Twickenham concerts and the first Hyde park concert in which I flew back from Spain whilst being on holiday.
Unfortunately my only abroad concert was Amsterdam, was hoping to do more, did go to Paris but got cancelled.

Fingers crossed I will see them again, but just retired and will have to see, how the money rolls out.

Have met some great people on here and hopefully meet up again.

Tumlin73
Birmingham, UK
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: August 17, 2022 06:59

erikjjf
Erik, age 42. Living in Stockholm, Sweden.
Discovered the Stones through my older brother and a mutual friend, around the time Flashpoint was the latest release. We saw Live at The Max together and later on our first show in Stockholm 1995. I found IORR shortly after the VL tour had ended and Stripped had come out.
I enjoy travelling to see shows and meet up with friends from around the world. My last show (#67) was in New Orleans in 2019.
I have a modest collection of memorabilia, mostly related to the concerts I have attended.
Special memories are of course the theatre shows on the Licks tour, seeing Charlie at Ronnie Scott’s and a few other small venues, Jagger’s surprise appearance during Ronnie’s solo gig in 2005, and some close encounters over the years.

erikjjf
Stockholm, Sweden
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 11, 2022 04:31

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-11 04:33 by colonial.

Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: November 11, 2022 06:45

My name is Matt and I live in Champaign, United States.
I am 37, and have unfortunately yet to see the Stones live.
My Uncle introduced me to them years ago and I have been obsessed. I am a bass guitar player of 22 years, and I love Classic Rock and the Blues, so naturally The Rolling Stones are my favorite band since they effortlessly meld the two.
I hope to one day see them play, but I am afraid my window is closing on that chance. Thanks to the help of Jaap and the StonesVault I have listened to almost every show available from every tour that are available on bootleg.
I have been a long time visitor, but only recently started posting. I appreciate everyone's knowledge, guidance, and friendliness when it comes to sharing anything and everything about this amazing band.
Cheers!

P.S. get a copy of Erwins book if you can. It is an amazing source of information and there is so much cool stuff about the 1972 tour that I had no idea about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-11 06:53 by ElectricBoogaloo.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 11, 2022 13:48

Rockman
Skinny arsed rockin' boy who hangs around down under ....

well you have to hang around so you don't fall off !

[Skinny arsed rockin boy from Yorkshire here ]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2022 17:14

ElectricBoogaloo
My Uncle introduced me to them years ago and I have been obsessed. I am a bass guitar player of 22 years, and I love Classic Rock and the Blues, so naturally The Rolling Stones are my favorite band since they effortlessly meld the two.
I hope to one day see them play, but I am afraid my window is closing on that chance. Thanks to the help of Jaap and the StonesVault I have listened to almost every show available from every tour that are available on bootleg.
I have been a long time visitor, but only recently started posting. I appreciate everyone's knowledge, guidance, and friendliness when it comes to sharing anything and everything about this amazing band.
Cheers!

P.S. get a copy of Erwins book if you can. It is an amazing source of information and there is so much cool stuff about the 1972 tour that I had no idea about.

LD it this year. You have to see them!!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2022 17:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-17 19:21 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 15, 2022 22:23

ElectricBoogaloo
Cheers!

Matt, ElectricBoogaloo
Champaign, USA
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 18:12 by colonial.

Date: November 16, 2022 18:02

Aquamarine
Helen, from Wales/Kent/Liverpool/Louisiana. Fan since Not Fade Away. smoking smiley

Helen, Aquamarine
Wales, Kent, Liverpool, UK
Louisiana, USA
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 18:09 by colonial.

Date: November 16, 2022 18:24

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 18:27 by colonial.

Date: November 16, 2022 23:40

Sighunt
Scott Sigel aka Sighunt. Age 64. First got into the Stoners around the time of Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street. Seen at least 15 shows (at least one show per tour) since the 1970's.

I primarily came to this site (and became a regular member) after stumping for and promoting a petition (that was developed by both myself and other avid Stones fans on the now defunct Sister Morphine group) in what became known as the Ya Yas Project. WE were all fans of Get Yer Ya Yas Out, and our goal was to get a signed petition (from members of this group along with other Stones fan sites) to Abkco and the Stones organization for the re-release of Ya Yas in an expanded format (with the additional tracks ie Prodigal Son, Under My Thumb, Satisfaction, etc and/or a complete concert, along with the musical sets from the supporting artists) on the then upcoming 40th anniversary in 2010. It was an uphill battle, but we were generally happy with the final result (although had the 40th anniversary edition featured a complete video concert of a 1969 MSG show (?), we would have been ecstatic)!

Scott, Sighunt thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 16, 2022 23:46

toostoned
Poul from Aarhus, Denmark here.
I became a Stones fan when I heard "Honky Tonk Women" in 1969.
Even more fan after my first concert in Aarhus, Denmark in 1973.
My so far last Stones concerts were the two shows in London in May 2018.
I have been to 42 Stones shows in 9 different countries.
Sometimes I go to concerts alone, other times with my wife, also sometimes with friends.
I have many favorite songs, but some of the ones I always return to are "You Can`t Always Get What You Want", "Tumbling Dice", "She Smiled Sweetly", "Beast Of Burden", "Ain't Too Proud to Beg "," Get Off of My Cloud "," I'm Free ", and many more.
My wife is also Danish, and Stones fan, we got married in London and my wife walked up the church floor to "Angie".
Our home is decorated with lots of Stones memories.
All concert tickets together with photos decorate the framing of a large mirror.
I met Mick Jagger for 5-10 seconds at their hotel the day after the concert in San Sebastian, Spain in 2007. Face to face I was told "thank you Mick" and he gave me a pat on the back and the big Jagger smile.
I have met and talked to Ron wood twice. First outside the Royal Albert Hall, London in 2003, the second time when he was with Faces in Randers, Denmark in 2010.
Biggest Stones experience was the small club show in Circus Kroner, Munich, Germany in 2003.
Also the concerts in New York January 2006 in MSG, and the concert at "Der Waldbühne" in Berlin in 2014, are fantastic memories.
Many thanks to BV for all the good information over many years.

Poul, toostoned
Aarhus, Denmark
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 17, 2022 05:14

MizzAmandaJonez
I'm John, some know me from Undercover in the late 90s by CHELSKEITH.

First Stones show at age 15 in 1975 in Chicago.

Made a bet that night with my best friend that we'd name our first born son after Keith.

I did, he didn't.

Have been fortunate as our birth announcement made it to KR and we've been able to meet and spend some time with him on a few occasions. Really nice guy in person.

60+ shows, but missed this tour, looking forward to seeing them next summer.

John, MizzAmandaJonez thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:05

ElectricBoogaloo
Cheers!

Hi Matt! I know another Matt from Champaign, also a musician (lives in Nashville now) and I have stayed in your Drury Inn when passing by smiling smiley. If this next tour does happen, go! Even without Brian, Bill, Mick T., Ian, Bobby/Jim/Nicky/Billy or, sadly, Charlie, you will have a blast! I put off seeing them again for 20 years cuz I thought they wouldn’t be the same as first time I saw them and was right & wrong.. They weren’t the same but they put on a great show and are still and always “the Stones”

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home