Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:21

Reid, age 46....Connecticut, USA

First show was the 1st night in Foxboro, MA on the B2B tour. They've been my #1 favorite band ever since. Been a fan since Mixed Emotions in '89.

I've seen them 13 times, but had tix to 15 shows (won tix to the benefit concert out in CA where Clinton gave the introduction - was that for the environment?, and had tix to the Meadowlands, NJ on the first leg of the ABB tour, but couldn't find anyone to go with me, and back then I wouldn't have thought of going by myself). My most recent show was Nashville last year. My last show with Charlie was Buffalo, NY 2015. My favorite shows have always been the ones I've been to in the Boston area. To me, they just seem to play there with an extra sense of something....though going to Nashville with my 2 sons is pretty tough to beat as well!

My Top 4 all-time favorite Stones songs in order are: Ruby Tuesday, The Last Time, Almost Hear You Sigh, and Winter.

Have been on here since before ABB was released.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 18, 2022 18:45

VoodooLounge13
Reid, age 46....Connecticut, USA

First show was the 1st night in Foxboro, MA on the B2B tour. They've been my #1 favorite band ever since. Been a fan since Mixed Emotions in '89.

I've seen them 13 times, but had tix to 15 shows (won tix to the benefit concert out in CA where Clinton gave the introduction - was that for the environment?, and had tix to the Meadowlands, NJ on the first leg of the ABB tour, but couldn't find anyone to go with me, and back then I wouldn't have thought of going by myself). My most recent show was Nashville last year. My last show with Charlie was Buffalo, NY 2015. My favorite shows have always been the ones I've been to in the Boston area. To me, they just seem to play there with an extra sense of something....though going to Nashville with my 2 sons is pretty tough to beat as well!

My Top 4 all-time favorite Stones songs in order are: Ruby Tuesday, The Last Time, Almost Hear You Sigh, and Winter.

Have been on here since before ABB was released.

Reid, VoodooLounge13
Connecticut, United States Of America
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 2, 2022 19:15

snoopy2
ElectricBoogaloo
My name is Matt and I live in Champaign, United States.
I am 37, and have unfortunately yet to see the Stones live.
My Uncle introduced me to them years ago and I have been obsessed. I am a bass guitar player of 22 years, and I love Classic Rock and the Blues, so naturally The Rolling Stones are my favorite band since they effortlessly meld the two.
I hope to one day see them play, but I am afraid my window is closing on that chance. Thanks to the help of Jaap and the StonesVault I have listened to almost every show available from every tour that are available on bootleg.
I have been a long time visitor, but only recently started posting. I appreciate everyone's knowledge, guidance, and friendliness when it comes to sharing anything and everything about this amazing band.
Cheers!

P.S. get a copy of Erwins book if you can. It is an amazing source of information and there is so much cool stuff about the 1972 tour that I had no idea about.

Hi Matt! I know another Matt from Champaign, also a musician (lives in Nashville now) and I have stayed in your Drury Inn when passing by smiling smiley. If this next tour does happen, go! Even without Brian, Bill, Mick T., Ian, Bobby/Jim/Nicky/Billy or, sadly, Charlie, you will have a blast! I put off seeing them again for 20 years cuz I thought they wouldn’t be the same as first time I saw them and was right & wrong.. They weren’t the same but they put on a great show and are still and always “the Stones”

snoopy2 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Date: December 2, 2022 19:24

stonesstein
CJ from the coast of Georgia, USA right near Elmo Lewis. Known among many on IORR for having posted exclusively in blue bold (with an occasional other color for accent) for many years.

It reads that I registered on IORR 16 years ago, but I recall being on it in 1997 arranging to meet up with JR to see the band at Jack Kent Cooke in DC. (Fabulous Star Star that night!) I must have used another name. Lots of brain cells ago.

Had tix to Hampton 12.19.81, but a root canal required me to sell them. 1st show was ATL 89 (amazing!), and there have been 11 total with Jax 2019 (ugh!) being the last and first since Nashville 2002 (Amazing!). Best show - Aragon Ballroom in 2002 and meeting Filstan, Debbie Tiger, and a ton of other IORRs at the Double Door the night before the Stones' Aragon show.

I have collected this band since 1971 or so when I got HTW as a 45. I've accumulated a massive Stones' US & UK collection with some tasty and sick rare stuff, including US & UK vinyl, all kinds of vinyl boots, and tour posters as far back as 1969.

Used to trade tapes and then CD boots all over the world and with many folks on here. I read IORR a lot. It's been a great ride thus far!

CJ, stonesstein
Georgia, United States Of America
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 2, 2022 19:49

thumbs up to colonial for giving all those thumbs up

Date: December 3, 2022 20:08

Please allow me to introduce myself yourself...smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 30, 2022 03:41

snoopy2
thumbs up to colonial for giving all those thumbs up

snoopy2 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: December 30, 2022 19:53

rbarnes00
Rbarnes00 originally from Ohio now in Miami, Florida, 42 years old.

I first remember hearing the Stones in 1990 on the radio when there was a 3 hour special of their music during the tour at that time.

Concerts include Cleveland 94, Detroit 97, Detroit 06, Columbus 06, Columbus 2015, Dallas 2015, Prague 2018, Jacksonville and Miami 2019.

Additionally Charlotte and Tampa 2021, Hyde Park 2 2022.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 31, 2022 02:36

I was with you for Cleveland 94 and the two Columbus shows, Nice move you made,
I went to New Mexico.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 5, 2023 04:33

rbarnes00
rbarnes00
Rbarnes00 originally from Ohio now in Miami, Florida, 42 years old.

I first remember hearing the Stones in 1990 on the radio when there was a 3 hour special of their music during the tour at that time.

Concerts include Cleveland 94, Detroit 97, Detroit 06, Columbus 06, Columbus 2015, Dallas 2015, Prague 2018, Jacksonville and Miami 2019.

Additionally Charlotte and Tampa 2021, Hyde Park 2 2022.

rbarnes00 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 6, 2023 10:59

angee
I was with you for Cleveland 94 and the two Columbus shows, Nice move you made,
I went to New Mexico.

angee thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: January 7, 2023 00:47

Lutz, age 58 from Cologne, Germany.
Was 13/14 years old, found GTYYO in my father's record collection, didn't like it.
One or two years later bought Sticky Fingers on cassette (italian version) at a supermarket at a rummage table because I liked the cover and thought "I like the image of this cool band even if I don't really like/understand their music".
After listening to the cassette on my mono SABA player I was hooked. I played the tape every day 1-2 or even more times, for many many years, re-listened to GTYYO and dug it. First concert Munich 1982, Cologne was not anounced, my father worked for german airline Lufthansa, so I paid only 10% for the flight, my mother ordered the ticket via telephone from Munich, missed a test in school, tanned after the sunny day in Munich the teacher didn't really believe I was ill and therefore missed the test. Next one Cologne which was announced later, tickets in front of the stadium for 10 Marks with two friends, way in the back of the stadium. Made it to FOS, security was a way more relaxed in those days.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 7, 2023 16:58

Hi Guys,
My name is William Jones or Bill Jones to many.
I am 73 now and live in Manchester UK.

Been a Rolling Stones fan since 1963.

Have hundreds of records and CDs as does everyone here I imagine.
Seen the band Live only 12 times over the years, economics have dictated that.
Been a member here off and on for ages but more off recently I forgot my sign on details and despite several attempts always failed until today when BV sent me a new code.
Cheers, Good to be back

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: January 7, 2023 18:44

adotulipson
Hi Guys,

Been a member here off and on for ages but more off recently I forgot my sign on details and despite several attempts always failed until today when BV sent me a new code.
Cheers, Good to be back

Hey! Thx for your intro.. Curious, did you ever see them with Brian?

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 7, 2023 19:19

Alas no,1st concert was Wembley Empire Pool Sept 73

Date: January 10, 2023 11:24

MrBird65
Lutz, age 58 from Cologne, Germany.
Was 13/14 years old, found GTYYO in my father's record collection, didn't like it.
One or two years later bought Sticky Fingers on cassette (italian version) at a supermarket at a rummage table because I liked the cover and thought "I like the image of this cool band even if I don't really like/understand their music".
After listening to the cassette on my mono SABA player I was hooked. I played the tape every day 1-2 or even more times, for many many years, re-listened to GTYYO and dug it. First concert Munich 1982, Cologne was not anounced, my father worked for german airline Lufthansa, so I paid only 10% for the flight, my mother ordered the ticket via telephone from Munich, missed a test in school, tanned after the sunny day in Munich the teacher didn't really believe I was ill and therefore missed the test. Next one Cologne which was announced later, tickets in front of the stadium for 10 Marks with two friends, way in the back of the stadium. Made it to FOS, security was a way more relaxed in those days.

Lutz, MrBird65
Cologne, Germany
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 13, 2023 20:59

adotulipson
Hi Guys,

Cheers, Good to be back

Bill Jones, adotulipson
Manchester, England
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 14, 2023 18:27

Brian, age 52. From Belfast. Now live in Delaware USA. Been a fan since my father did security for them at Slane Ireland since 81. First seen at Shea stadium in NJ steel wheels. Seen them 10 times.

Date: January 18, 2023 03:11

Donnebr
Brian, age 52. From Belfast. Now live in Delaware USA. Been a fan since my father did security for them at Slane Ireland since 81. First seen at Shea stadium in NJ steel wheels. Seen them 10 times.

Brian, Donnebr
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Delaware, United States Of America
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: January 20, 2023 11:40

Richard, age 43 from Holland.

My introduction to the Stones was the re-release of Paint it Black in 1990, which was the title-track of the vietnam series 'Tour of Duty'. My dad (who liked the Stones in the 60's, but was not especially a fan) told me about the band and encouraged me to buy Hot Rocks 1, which i did...The rest is history.

Date: January 21, 2023 20:14

ribbelchips
Richard, age 43 from Holland.

My introduction to the Stones was the re-release of Paint it Black in 1990, which was the title-track of the vietnam series 'Tour of Duty'. My dad (who liked the Stones in the 60's, but was not especially a fan) told me about the band and encouraged me to buy Hot Rocks 1, which i did...The rest is history.

Richard, ribbelchips thumbs up
Holland

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 10, 2023 10:04

adotulipson
Alas no,1st concert was Wembley Empire Pool Sept 73

adotulipson thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: May 18, 2023 09:17

The Joker
The Joker
French.
Living between Paris and Alicante
This is some show-counting with Excel..

1973 BRUXELLES (1st Forest) 1
1976 PARIS (Abattoirs) 2
1982 PARIS (Auteuil) 1
1990 - PARIS (Parc des Princes) 3
1995 - PARIS (Longchamps, Olympia) 3
1995 - MONTPELLIER 1
1998 - HOUSTON (Compacq Center) 2
1998 - PARIS (SdF) 1
1999 - LONDON (Wembley Stadium) 2
2002 - PHILADELPHIA (Tower, Arena) 2
2002 - NYC (MSG) 2
2003 - NYC (MSG) 2
2003 - CHICAGO (Arena) 2
2003 - PARIS (Olympia, arena, stadium) 3
2003 - STOCKLHOM (Circus) 1
2003 - NL (Vredenburgh, Rotterdam Arena) 2
2003 - LONDON (Astoria, Wembley) 2
2003 - HONG-KONG 2
2005 - PHILADELPHIA 2
2006 _ BOSTON (Garden) 2
2006 - PUERTO RICO 1
2006 - SHANGAI 1
2006 - LONDON (must be Twickenham) 2
2007 - PARIS 1
2007 - LYON 1
2007 - LONDON (O2) 3
2012 - LONDON O2) 2
2013 - TORONTO- CHICAGO 2
2014 - ABU DHABI 1
2014 - OSLO 1
2014 - BERLIN 1
2014 - PARIS 1
2014 - SYDNEY 1
2014 - BRISBANE 1
2014 - AUCKLAND 1
2015 - PITTSBURGH 1
2015 - MILWAUKEE 1
2016 - LA PLATA 2
2016 - MONTEVIDEO 1
2017 - PARIS 2
2018 - SOUTHAMPTON 1
2018 - EDIMBURG 1

TOTAL : 67... Next are Madrid and Vienna

Addendum
I apologize to our distinguished readership
This presentation was clinical, uninspired, a total wreck, and a pain in the ass
Name is Georges ending with an S
First show, Forest National 1973- afternoon show, front row in the crowd, best EVER memory of my life, BETTER THAN SEX. I collected some roses petal and a free shower from Mick’s bucket, had the temptation to live the life of the great unwashed, and later I did an exposé in this French college (Lakanal, Sceaux) on Mick Taylor’s before last show as RS member, showing the dead petals in a plastic cup covered with transparent plastic, and I played Dead Flowers on the cassette, even it was not on the 1973 tour set list. I scored a C for that exposé in broken English.
I stuck around IORR.org, a quarter of century, when I saw it was a time for a change, I shut my big mouth, well because the blitzkrieg raged and some Wokers stank, and you couldn’t start a joke without risking your life membership on this website (Boss is okay though, a good man).

Georges, The Joker thumbs up
France

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: July 11, 2023 01:23

smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: September 6, 2023 20:33

A new Stones era, maybe some new IORR members

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: April 8, 2024 07:45

smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 8, 2024 12:54

My name is Gearoid (Irish for Gerard), from Limerick City - the barbarian west coast of this fair Isle.

Been a fan of this band for 30 years. Have seen them 14 times; first was Wembley 1995, last was Glasgow 2018. Met Ronnie & Bill, would love to meet Keef!

It began in '93, I had a building fascination with them - a legacy act with a significant catalogue and a bit of wild reputation. Purchased 'Flashpoint', mid 1993. 'Ruby Tuesday' and the warhorses at the end really made an impression. Viewed Hal Ashby's 'Lets Spend the Night Together' toward end of '93 and loved it. Mick looked ridiculous in the sports gear, and Bill's ratty navy tracksuit, but this was the Stones, and the songs were top quality.

Fandom really took off March/April 1994 - bought Sticky Fingers, Beggars, Let it Bleed, one week after another. At the same time as delving into those classics I was reading Victor Bockris' 'Keith Richards'. Before I was online, even finding a proper list of Stones releases or views on their history was tough unless there was an article on them in the music press. The book provided a history, critical views on the catalogue, and lots of wild tales. Hyperbolic in places but a damn fine read and a wonderful education in the band and their history for a neophyte purchasing an album a week as my interest grew.

The 1971-1989 catalogue was reissued that summer, Voodoo came out; they were big business and big news. Perfect time really to investigate the catalogue. By the end of '94 I was all in, and have been ever since.

Joined IORR I think 2002, incredible to think it is 22 years ago. Met so many lovely people from the board at various Stones gigs. I hope to see the band at least once more, hoping for perhaps UK/Euro dates in 2025.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2024 15:34

IrelandCalling4
Have seen them 14 times… last was Glasgow 2018.

Private show? winking smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 8, 2024 16:51

SomeTorontoGirl
IrelandCalling4

Welcome! Careful though. People will fact-check!

[www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-08 16:52 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2024 21:07

NashvilleBlues
SomeTorontoGirl
IrelandCalling4

Welcome! Careful though. People will fact-check!

[www.setlist.fm]

(I can vouch for him being in Edinburgh, but it is nice to troll the lad a bit! Maybe he’s finally old enough to experience a Senior’s Moment. grinning smiley)

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home