Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Paul Stanley’s Soul Station
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 30, 2021 01:24

Paul is sounding great with his soul band right now!A mixture of soul classics and his own soul compositions.The new album is out in March!What a beautiful voice he has.Love that falsetto.You can check recent stuff on You Tube.

Re: OT Paul Stanley’s Soul Station
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 30, 2021 08:04

stargroover
Paul is sounding great with his soul band right now!A mixture of soul classics and his own soul compositions.The new album is out in March!What a beautiful voice he has.Love that falsetto.You can check recent stuff on You Tube.

No thanks. I had to endure this live five years ago so between that and the gawdawful Dubai show I can't imagine this improving since.

Date: January 30, 2021 12:06

Listened to the single on Spotify now. A covid-19 tune?

Slick stuff, but interesting that Paul is going in this direction.

Date: January 31, 2021 10:51

The single Ooo baby baby I think was put together during that first long down.There is a nice video of them zoom singing and performing this.And a sing along section for fans at home.
Looking forward to the album release in early March.

Date: January 31, 2021 11:19

The single is called O-O-H Child

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2021 21:09

Paul Stanley's cover of "O-o-h Child" adds nothing, and is basically a pointless waste of time imo.

The original by the Five Stairsteps was somewhat of a hit in the US in 1970 - I remember it well.
It's now played seemingly on a daily basis on oldies radio stations, and it's one of those classic tunes that never gets old.

Date: February 1, 2021 09:29

I heard the original several times and must say I prefer the Soul Station version.
This is a pretty polished band.Covers of the Spinners,Tina Turner etc plus Paul Stanley compositions.It’s slick and cool stuff.Looking forward to the album on March 5.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home