Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Telecaster?
Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: November 3, 2005 14:47

Probably been discused before but can somebody explain why does Keith love those teles so much?I personally think that he played better guitars during the past.
I like his Gibson sound much more-I think that up to Exile is mainly Gibsons right?

Re: Why Telecaster?
Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: November 3, 2005 14:49

I agree. I think it is sad that he does not play Gibson guitars in Open G anymore.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 3, 2005 15:04

Teles are great! They have a nice chunky sound and really cut through. Lots of treble too, but you can get a different sound with a neck humbucker, like Keith uses. They aren't too heavy (try hefting a les paul every other night for 2 years).

And most importantly, HE FEELS COMFORTABLE PLAYING THEM!

I also liked the sound of a strat on Brown Sugar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-03 15:04 by sjs12.

Date: November 3, 2005 15:57

<I personally think that he played better guitars during the past.
I like his Gibson sound much more>

IMO, nothing beats the tours bewteen 1972 and 1982 (pure Tele-magic). He also used other guitars, but his sound was mainly Telecaster.

Date: November 3, 2005 16:09

Most of the guitar sound Keith likes was played on telecasters, e. g. Muddy Waters, every country guitarist plays a Tele... besides the Tele (first called the "Broadcaster") is the first really successful electric guitar and it's really functional, Les Paul and Strat both came later, they are more like novelty guitars in comparison to the Tele which can do it all. Keith likes that vintage sound. Many many other rock guitarists (Jeff Beck, Bruce Springsteen) like it too.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 3, 2005 17:58

if you want a real crunchy sound...the gibsons are where its at with their p90 pickups...and if your hands are small, the smaller necks on the gibsons are easier to play

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-03 17:59 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 3, 2005 18:06

I'm not a player but I love the look of the telecaster, best looking guitar ever in my opinion.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 3, 2005 18:24

I think Keith got his best sound playing Les Pauls and he played them extensively up through the 1972 tour. Having said that, the Telecaster is a very versatile guitar, perhaps more so than the Les Paul. I have one of each so I speak from experience. Also Keith's Telecaster sound was one of the best, especially when he was using Ampeg SVTs. The end all is he likes them, no, LOVEs them, and so that's why he plays them.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: November 4, 2005 07:33

Telecasters are simply great guitars. You can get a variety of sounds from them. They are brilliantly simple to maintain and can take a beating. I have three of them and everyone is great, plus it just feels right.

Milo, NYC
Let it steal your heart away

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home