Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones: Promo Video Restoration | Mercury Studios
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: May 30, 2021 00:37

[www.mercurystudios.co] has had no updates since January. Does anybody know anything about any further progress?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2021 00:45

stonesman87

Does anybody know anything about any further progress?

Copacabana Beach - [Twitter.com] , [www.Instagram.com] ?

Date: May 30, 2021 12:32

Irix
stonesman87

Does anybody know anything about any further progress?

Copacabana Beach - [Twitter.com] , [www.Instagram.com] ?

What??? Sorry, that's a completely different subject.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2021 12:45

stonesman87

Sorry, that's a completely different subject.

Ain't this a Promo-Video to get people buying concert tickets? winking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 30, 2021 18:04

schillid
... it's not possible to truly a "uprez" Standard Definition video to High Definition. The *resolution* of the restored video remains the same as the original video. that's the same as attempting to enlarge a Jpeg image: the result is always just a blocky, blurry enlargement of individual pixels.

Adobe Photoshop 2021 has a cool new feature called "Super Zoom" that uses Artificial Intelligence to interpolate the enlarged shapes and avoid the typical blocky enlarged pixel effect... So I guess it's possible that one can use the same AI to enlarge an entire video.

Date: May 31, 2021 08:42

Irix
stonesman87

What?? Sorry, that's a completely different subject.

Ain't this a Promo-Video to get people buying concert tickets? winking smiley

No, it's not. Not even tongue in cheek or wink-wink. As stated in the full-screen display about 0:01 in from the start of the promo video, it's a promo video for the promo videos restoration, nothing to do with concerts or tickets.

If in doubt, have a look at the relevant video at [www.mercurystudios.co]

Date: August 22, 2021 00:15

GetYerAngie
Does anybody know when it will be released?

BY now, well and truly bumping this one.

[www.mercurystudios.co] still shows no further developments. It only has the link to the 2:53 promo video.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 04:43

stonesman87
GetYerAngie
Does anybody know when it will be released?

BY now, well and truly bumping this one.

[www.mercurystudios.co] still shows no further developments. It only has the link to the 2:53 promo video.

I'd be interested in this collection too, and it's a shame this company seems to be dragging its feet on the project. Would actually love to have a pristine and official release on DVD of all their promo vids, right up to Living In A Ghost Town. Who can say if any such opportunity will ever come to light.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 26, 2021 05:47

There are promo videos from the ABKCO period too. With the paucity of product from that group, I'm surprised they haven't attempted a collection of their own. I love the Have You Seen Your Mother Baby film.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 5, 2021 20:19

That would be fantastic! I hope they will release all their promotion videos on dvd/blu-ray!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 7, 2021 06:22

All promo videos and music videos! Get Abcko to work with them too!!

Date: January 1, 2022 22:34

Well, we've gone virtually a whole year since this first came to light, with no news or progress.

[www.mercurystudios.co] still shows only the promo clip with no other details.

An e-mail I sent to Mercury Studios almost 6 months ago on 19.7.21, asking for any details, has gone without reply.

We still don't even know if it's a proposed commercial DVD release or anything else about it. It's a year-old mystery. Does anybody know anything about this "project" and any progress that's being made? confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 2, 2022 00:19

stonesman87
Well, we've gone virtually a whole year since this first came to light, with no news or progress.

An e-mail I sent to Mercury Studios almost 6 months ago on 19.7.21, asking for any details, has gone without reply.

We still don't even know if it's a proposed commercial DVD release or anything else about it. It's a year-old mystery. Does anybody know anything about this "project" and any progress that's being made? confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Interesting, thanks for resurrecting.

The 'change' in the videos isn't exactly mind blowing seeing the side by side. Better for sure but not exactly the kind of "Peter Jackson" type enhancements you'd hope for.

What I did get out of watching that clip, was noticing how good Doom & Gloom sounded alongside the other cuts. It's a great tune.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2022 21:42

It's Eagle Rock. Well, it was Eagle Rock.

It's UMG. Maybe it's just for YouTube. If they put out a Blueray I'd get it.

Look at this video of Shattered from LIVE IN TEXAS. It doesn't say Eagle Rock or whatever it used to.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 2, 2022 22:43

stonesman87

Maybe you could telephone them?

Date: January 3, 2022 04:13

Restored videos look much better at home on the television. Well, if they start removing 1971 onward promo videos from YouTube, we'll know something is imminent. I'm sure they've got some kind of product for the 60th. Hope we don't have to pay $150 for a boxset to get them.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 3, 2022 04:49

exilestones
stonesman87

Maybe you could telephone them instead of pushing others to do so?

Date: January 4, 2022 03:44

retired_dog
exilestones
stonesman87

No. It needs to be you. You're retired, right, dog? HA HA.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 4, 2022 04:40

The project is planned as part of the 60th Anniversary celebrations. Nothing has been announced for any of it yet. They need to lock in what they're doing in terms of concerts, releases, etc. that will seem significantly different than what they did 10 years ago and 20 years ago.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 4, 2022 05:13

I heard somewhere that they had put the videos out to Peter Jackson so that he could do his magic thing with them.

They'll all end up three times as long as seems reasonable, and be really delayed, meaning that any celebrations will have to be delayed until 2025 or thereabouts.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 5, 2022 03:37

GasLightStreet
retired_dog
exilestones
stonesman87

Right, of course, but retirement does not mean youthful naivity... I honestly can't see why anybody believes one could simply phone a studio to get release information about a project they're working on - contracts, confidentiality clauses, etc etc pp...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2022 03:39

.... break in late at night ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 5, 2022 04:42

retired_dog
GasLightStreet
retired_dog
exilestones
stonesman87

Right, of course, but retirement does not mean youthful naivity... I honestly can't see why anybody believes one could simply phone a studio to get release information about a project they're working on - contracts, confidentiality clauses, etc etc pp...

Ah, well, one never knows!

Date: January 5, 2022 05:41

Rockman
.... break in late at night ....

Now that's the true contraband spirit!

Date: January 5, 2022 05:50

GasLightStreet
retired_dog
GasLightStreet
retired_dog
exilestones
stonesman87

I already see it coming: "Good afternoon, I'm GasLightStreet of IORR message board fame & notoriety, a huge Stones fan it needs to be said, and I'd like to know..." Tuut...Tuut...Tuut...

Date: January 5, 2022 21:33

I may watch the undercover video girl anytime regardless of its quality.grinning smiley

Date: January 6, 2022 07:31

retired_dog
GasLightStreet
retired_dog
GasLightStreet
retired_dog
exilestones
stonesman87

I already see it coming: "Good afternoon, I'm GasLightStreet of IORR message board fame & notoriety, a huge Stones fan it needs to be said, and I'd like to know..." Tuut...Tuut...Tuut...

LOL!

It might need to be a big more grandiose than that!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 7, 2022 14:09

If they're getting so damn good at restoring this old stuff...

...Lets have Knebworth !

Date: January 7, 2022 18:32

Spud

...Lets have Knebworth !

I was comparing setlists on the internet between Knebworth and Paris, 1976. Knebworth has 28 songs, Paris only 20. Paris is in much better shape than Knebworth, correct? (At least as far as we know. I remember what a shock it was to finally receive 1975's L.A. Forum, compared to my crap bootleg video.) I know they have this obsession with complete concerts, but I wish they'd meld the two, if possible, to get as many songs as possible.

Date: January 7, 2022 18:32

Spud

...Lets have Knebworth !

I was comparing setlists on the internet between Knebworth and Paris, 1976. Knebworth has 28 songs, Paris only 20. Paris is in much better shape than Knebworth, correct? (At least as far as we know. I remember what a shock it was to finally receive 1975's L.A. Forum, compared to my crap bootleg video.) I know they have this obsession with complete concerts, but I wish they'd meld the two, if possible, to get as many songs as possible.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home