Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: In Praise of Slipping Away
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 12, 2021 12:27

timbernardis
STG says

You're in the clear Plexi

That much should be clear anyway, plexiglass being clear, after all.

I didn't know there were three gigs at the Ealing Club that week, I was only at the Chris Jagger one, where all of us were hoping against hope that some band member(s) would show up.

But yes, now that you mention it, I saw you at the Hope and Anchor AND the Ealing on the Chris Jagger night. You would not allow me to take your pic, as I recall.

plexi

That’s me - hate having my pic taken. I was early for the C Jagger show but they let me in to grab a table and have a drink. A few minutes later, Chris and band wandered in carrying Indian take out and sat at the table beside me. I didn’t go over or stare but could hear their conversation...Chris’s voice is much like Mick’s and they were waiting for a friend called Charlie. Every time he asked ‘where’s Charlie’ I was hoping for the real one! grinning smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 12, 2021 14:00

liddas
MadMax

Jazz is fun to play but not very exciting to listen to.

C

I meant playing jazz, me playing guitar, piano, saxophone and the bass it's a very interesting "kind of music" to play yourself but except for maybe Dixieland jazz it's quite uninteresting to listen to IMHO.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 12, 2021 16:35

MadMax
liddas
MadMax

Jazz is fun to play but not very exciting to listen to.

C

I meant playing jazz, me playing guitar, piano, saxophone and the bass it's a very interesting "kind of music" to play yourself but except for maybe Dixieland jazz it's quite uninteresting to listen to IMHO.

I respect your opinion, of course, but I suspect that the problem lies in your jazz collection. I suspect you need to integarte with some Art Blackey, Charles Mingus, or CannonBall Adderely just to name a few.

Doctor recommends Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (Stones' connection!) at max volume for 10 times a day for 10 days in a row!!!

C

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home