Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: In Praise of Slipping Away
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 12, 2021 12:27

timbernardis
STG says

You're in the clear Plexi

That much should be clear anyway, plexiglass being clear, after all.

I didn't know there were three gigs at the Ealing Club that week, I was only at the Chris Jagger one, where all of us were hoping against hope that some band member(s) would show up.

But yes, now that you mention it, I saw you at the Hope and Anchor AND the Ealing on the Chris Jagger night. You would not allow me to take your pic, as I recall.

plexi

That’s me - hate having my pic taken. I was early for the C Jagger show but they let me in to grab a table and have a drink. A few minutes later, Chris and band wandered in carrying Indian take out and sat at the table beside me. I didn’t go over or stare but could hear their conversation...Chris’s voice is much like Mick’s and they were waiting for a friend called Charlie. Every time he asked ‘where’s Charlie’ I was hoping for the real one! grinning smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 12, 2021 14:00

liddas
MadMax

Jazz is fun to play but not very exciting to listen to.

C

I meant playing jazz, me playing guitar, piano, saxophone and the bass it's a very interesting "kind of music" to play yourself but except for maybe Dixieland jazz it's quite uninteresting to listen to IMHO.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 12, 2021 16:35

MadMax
liddas
MadMax

Jazz is fun to play but not very exciting to listen to.

C

I meant playing jazz, me playing guitar, piano, saxophone and the bass it's a very interesting "kind of music" to play yourself but except for maybe Dixieland jazz it's quite uninteresting to listen to IMHO.

I respect your opinion, of course, but I suspect that the problem lies in your jazz collection. I suspect you need to integarte with some Art Blackey, Charles Mingus, or CannonBall Adderely just to name a few.

Doctor recommends Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (Stones' connection!) at max volume for 10 times a day for 10 days in a row!!!

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home