Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: what´s the next release?
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 5, 2020 14:16

GasLightStreet
I'm rather partial to St Louis 1997. I thought that was a really good show.

It would be nice to get something pre-1981 again. If they won't do the Mocambo shows then perhaps maybe something from 1976. There's always 1972, like the live album they wanted to release but couldn't - they could certainly release that now.

Of course, something from 1969.

I agree the St Louis show is great, is there however a 2019 NF show which should be included? If we go outside the NF realm for a FF/Biggest Bang Deluxe DVD box for the 2010's, I would vote for one of the great US shows in 2013.

Philly, Staples Center? What do you guys think? Taylor on Sway and CYHMK? And then a 2017 show? That would sell!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-05 14:17 by MadMax.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 5, 2020 14:22

MadMax
GasLightStreet

It would be nice to get something pre-1981 again. If they won't do the Mocambo shows then perhaps maybe something from 1976. There's always 1972, like the live album they wanted to release but couldn't - they could certainly release that now.

I agree the St Louis show is great, is there however a 2019 NF show which should be included? If we go outside the NF realm for a FF/Biggest Bang Deluxe DVD box for the 2010's, I would vote for one of the great US shows in 2013.

Philly, Staples Center? What do you guys think? Taylor on Sway and CYHMK? And then a 2017 show? That would sell!!
You can't even imagine how many moans will be here if they will release from the recent decade winking smiley. To begin with = same boring warhorses set list.

Date: November 5, 2020 14:31

ironbelly
MadMax
GasLightStreet

You can't even imagine how many moans will be here if they will release from the recent decade winking smiley. To begin with = same boring warhorses set list.

Well yeah but IMHO the US 2013 tour had quite a few fun gems + two new GOOD original songs and in 2017 we get Sympathy as the opener and 2 blues covers so I'd argue that would be enough for people to get excited. Plus Taylor would get more credit and hopefully a bit of the cake.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: November 5, 2020 14:56

Do we really need another BtB release? St Louis is great but would really hope for something from 1976 (+1977!) or an expanded Love You Live.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 5, 2020 16:00

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Is Knebworth the only remaining fully shot show from the Wyman era? Wasn't Wembley also shot that tour? I'm kind of shocked they didn't tape a lot more shows back then. A 'complete' show from the Maysles 1969 footage would be killer. I'm afraid we're coming to the end of the line of archival footage from the Golden Era. The '73 tour was so great I could go for another concert from then, even if it's audio only.

No. Probably most shows from 1989/90 were filmed. Most likely lots from the 1975, 1976, 1978, 1981 and 1982-tours, too.

I think I was thinking of eras. We've got something for every tour from '69 onward, except '76. That's enough of 89/90. I don't think the setlist was much different at all from Steel Wheels to Urban Jungle. That Philadelphia live album from '72 wouldn't be bad. Were there any small club dates they video shot in '81? Something with a more varied setlist.

Where's the item for 1970?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 5, 2020 16:49

With regards to St. Louis 1997, it seems very odd that they didn't use this show for the BTB release. We got two releases from this tour and neither were St.Louis 1997, I can't really see them releasing a third show from BTB any time soon. I'm probably in the minority here but I feel like listening to St. Louis 1997 now, the show just drags. Bogged dow by too many ballads. Wild Horses, Waiting on a Friend, and All About You. Not to mention Anybody Seen My Baby, Out of Control and Miss You also all before the b stage. To me just drags and I am not a Dave Matthews fans so his guest spot doesn't help.

As already stated, we know Four Flicks and a Bigger Bang are coming per press release. After that, hopefully something from 1976.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 5, 2020 16:50

This is the next release
[iorr.org]

Date: November 5, 2020 17:06

TumblinDice76
With regards to St. Louis 1997, it seems very odd that they didn't use this show for the BTB release. We got two releases from this tour and neither were St.Louis 1997, I can't really see them releasing a third show from BTB any time soon. I'm probably in the minority here but I feel like listening to St. Louis 1997 now, the show just drags. Bogged dow by too many ballads. Wild Horses, Waiting on a Friend, and All About You. Not to mention Anybody Seen My Baby, Out of Control and Miss You also all before the b stage. To me just drags and I am not a Dave Matthews fans so his guest spot doesn't help.

As already stated, we know Four Flicks and a Bigger Bang are coming per press release. After that, hopefully something from 1976.

Very interesting input! Yeah horrible DM forgot about that! He is the biggest reason why the show should NOT be released on Eagle Rock. He butchers Wild Horses like there's no tomorrow. Bring on Biggest Bang with added trax in BA and Austin!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home