Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: pink floyd v the rolling stones
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 19, 2020 14:30

Rockman
Not worth comparing .....

One band is body & soul music the other is head music ....

As in givin' head to Steve McQueen music?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 19, 2020 15:20

Like comparing apples to McDonald's apple pie.

One is raw and fresh, the other a bit over produced.

Date: October 19, 2020 15:23

Elmo Lewis

For some reason I also like the McDonald's apple pie winking smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: October 19, 2020 15:47

DandelionPowderman
noughties
I have never liked "Money".

Pink Floyd's or the Stones's "Money"? winking smiley

Pink Floyd`s "Money".

Date: October 19, 2020 15:53

I like PF but I love the Stones.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 19, 2020 15:54

I do not understand the Pink Floyds' camp "school of thought." "Take a hit of acid and enjoy the experience of Dark side of the Moon"

In contrast, I feel "Exile on Main Street is wonderful, without any altered state of mind.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 19, 2020 16:12

Bet $20 on the rolling stones.
1 round.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 19, 2020 16:29

schillid
Bet $20 on the rolling stones.
1 round.

We're on our home court!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

cool smileyRe: pink floyd v the rolling stones
Date: October 19, 2020 17:13

DandelionPowderman
Elmo Lewis

For some reason I also like the McDonald's apple pie winking smiley

Me too, DP, but prefer the apple! cool smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 19, 2020 17:27

Pink Floyd: a band I like the idea of liking, but just can’t.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 19, 2020 20:52

Two different planets.
I don't like the Boring Floyd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-19 20:53 by KRiffhard.

Date: October 20, 2020 14:32

Despite what I stated in my earlier post in this thread, I do, however, quite enjoy the Barrett-era: Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Arnold Layne, See Emily Play, and the assorted B-sides: Candy and a Current Bun, etc.

The post-Barrett era is, to me, bloated, pretentious and beloved only by white, middle-class ex-University students. This isn’t meant as a slant against this particular demographic at all: it’s just my observation, going by those I’ve known to be fans of the group.

Date: October 20, 2020 15:44

Big Al
Despite what I stated in my earlier post in this thread, I do, however, quite enjoy the Barrett-era: Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Arnold Layne, See Emily Play, and the assorted B-sides: Candy and a Current Bun, etc.

The post-Barrett era is, to me, bloated, pretentious and beloved only by white, middle-class ex-University students. This isn’t meant as a slant against this particular demographic at all: it’s just my observation, going by those I’ve known to be fans of the group.

Albums like Obscured By Clouds, The More-soundtrack and Meddle are excellent, imo. In many ways, I like them better than the «classics» (Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall).

Date: October 20, 2020 15:57

Hard comparison amigo.

Date: October 20, 2020 16:53

DandelionPowderman

Albums like Obscured By Clouds, The More-soundtrack and Meddle are excellent, imo. In many ways, I like them better than the «classics» (Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall).

Thanks, Dandy. I'm not entirely closed-off to the idea of investigating their output further. I've read lots of praise for Meddle, for instance.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 20, 2020 17:53

I agree, they are like comparing apples w/ oranges, but still ... boring? Is the Stones Wild Horses boring? Some might think so but I sure don't, and I don't see much a difference between that track and Wish You Were Here -- both are great! And in this case I do see a comparison.

Date: October 20, 2020 18:03

LeonidP
I agree, they are like comparing apples w/ oranges, but still ... boring? Is the Stones Wild Horses boring? Some might think so but I sure don't, and I don't see much a difference between that track and Wish You Were Here -- both are great! And in this case I do see a comparison.

Okay, Wish You Were Here is a pretty good song. Hmm, I wonder if I should have a rethink. confused smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 21, 2020 01:18

They're both bands of white, middle-aged British men. That where the similarities end.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 21, 2020 01:26

jamesfdouglas
They're both bands of white, middle-aged British men. That where the similarities end.

Late 70's is middle aged! Damn, I'm young at 59! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 21, 2020 01:38

I'm watching Steel Wheels live and my 46-year-old brain thinks it's 16 and the Stones are 46, haha!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 21, 2020 01:46

LeonidP

If I may, I would like to come with a vital objection: In this case it is not a question about apples or oranges. Instead it is all about "Apples and Oranges". To be more spesific

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 21, 2020 02:03

Or if you prefer
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 21, 2020 02:56

When I hear Pink Floyd on the radio I change the station. when I hear The Rolling Stones I turn up the volume!

Date: October 21, 2020 08:59

Elmo Lewis
jamesfdouglas

Late 70's is middle aged! Damn, I'm young at 59! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

One’s reached middle-age by around 40. The Stones and Floyd are definitely elderly.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 21, 2020 11:10

Big Al
Elmo Lewis
jamesfdouglas

One’s reached middle-age by around 40. The Stones and Floyd are definitely elderly.

Very confusing ...
I thought I had started my second youth two years ago, just like Jagger did 7 years ago cool smiley

Date: October 21, 2020 11:16

georgie48

Very confusing ...
I thought I had started my second youth two years ago, just like Jagger did 7 years ago cool smiley

Some even believe that middle-age begins as early as your mid-thirties. As someone whose just reached their late-30's, I very strongly debate this! Forty seems about right, with old-age beginning at around the age of sixty-five.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 21, 2020 14:23

Big Al
georgie48

Very confusing ...

Some even believe that middle-age begins as early as your mid-thirties. As someone whose just reached their late-30's, I very strongly debate this! Forty seems about right, with old-age beginning at around the age of sixty-five.

Well, I am afraid I'll have to except that ... 7 years in old-age.
Doesn't feel like that though. Must be the Rolling Stones cool smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 21, 2020 14:30

Folks don't really conform so much to the same ageist stereotypes as they used to. [we don't grow a tweed Trilby hat on our head at 55 any more either]

Some of my behaviours would be typical of an 18 year old ...and others perhaps more like an 80 yr old

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 21, 2020 20:56

Witness
LeonidP

If I may, I would like to come with a vital objection: In this case it is not a question about apples or oranges. Instead it is all about "Apples and Oranges". To be more spesific

[www.youtube.com]

Not following, sorry. Seems you didn't read my post, i did not use "Apples or Oranges".

Date: October 21, 2020 21:01

LeonidP
Witness
LeonidP

[www.youtube.com]

Not following, sorry. Seems you didn't read my post, i did not use "Apples or Oranges".

Seems like you two agree after all, as you said "with", not "or" winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home