Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seattle show comments
Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: October 31, 2005 09:50

I went at the last moment got a ticket at the Key Arena office 9 pm,, 160$ slightly to the left of the center in the back, 7 rows up from the floor with excellent view of the extended stage.
The list in not exact order; 9:15
Start M Up
Shes So Cold,Tumbling Dice, Bitch, Ruby Tues, Rain Fall Down, Oh No Not You Again, OUt of Control, Nighttime, Worst, Infamy, B stage Miss you, Rough Justice, Get Off My C, Honky Tonk, then Sympathy, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, Can't Always, JJFlash. 11:10 May be missing 1 or 2.

I did not see Motley C, since I arrrived at 9. The band seem reasonably enthused, moments of great guitars, good staging as usual. But the main negative for me was the sound. Very muddy and garbled at times, esp on Rough J (yes rough!!) lyrics almost not there also on OUt of Control, Satisfaction and Brown Sugar. Highlights for me, Rain Fall Down,(good sound) Nighttime, Sympathy. A disappointing set list compared to Calgary (No All Down the line, Wild Horses etc.) Not sure if they used the same sound guys as Motley, but the volume seem overly loud, which may not be the case for the band on stage. So if ones main objective is seeing the band with the quality of the music and selection secondary, no suprises, then it can be a good time for the casual fan. There may not be many of these here! It give this a 6 out of 10 given the setlist and sound guality

Re: Seattle show comments
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 31, 2005 09:59

The setlist was posted on Shidoobee as the show went along. So I believe that one is correct.
As for sound quality, it depends a great deal on seat location.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:50

leftbank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But the main negative for me was the sound. Very muddy and
> garbled at times, esp on Rough J (yes rough!!)
> lyrics almost not there also on OUt of Control,

I hear you loud and clear . The last couple of tours I saw they played WAY too loud. This lowered the overall sound quality and at times was damn near painfull. There's really no need to do this. I don't know why they continue to do so. Also some of the songs seemed terribly out of key. Maybe my ears are simply too sensitive. But I think not. Another reason why I'm not killing myself to see them anymore.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:57

I was also there and agree with you about the sound. It was very muddled and WAY too loud. They put on a great show, but the sound was a real negative.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: November 1, 2005 20:12

For me the sound was crystal clear. I am surprised about these comments.
We were in the 114 Section and had a wonderful view to both stages. Took some photos which did not turn out bad. Sound was much better in Seattle than in YYC. However the crowd in Calgary was much wilder and really into it. Regarding the set list I enjoyed both shows. As a very good Shattered replaced You got me Rocking. And Ruby Tuesday is a nice tune to listen.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 1, 2005 21:00

Hey lodge,

I was also in section 114, row 6 seat 1. Funny how we can be at opposite ends of the "sound debate", yet sitting relatively close to each other! Though I thought the sound was bad, I still had a great time at the show. Seeing the boys in concert is still the best show anywhere!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-02 01:13 by DaveG.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: November 2, 2005 00:50

I had great VIP seats and the first half of the show was great. Great to see YGMR out. Even TD was somewhat tolerable. Night time was great with Lisa Fisher (Keith taking a break sitting by the drums). Then The Worst and Infamy. It took the air off the show and people started to sit down. Then a horrible version of Miss You, it has to go. Followed by sparkling RJ and GOOMC. Those two songs seem to energies Keith and he was pounding away on Honky. Then it kind of died. Keith only played sporadically. It was a shame. Now when I have seen them I can only agree that you know as a fan from the set list how the show is going to be. OK MicK was 100% throughout, but Keith and Ronnie hardly played at all on some songs. The choice of Bitch was not very good since they played it in 97 in Seattle, but it was a good version. Out of Control was much bleaker than it used to be.

I was definetely not shocked cauae I did not have to much expectations, but I know they can do so much better. The ending greatest hits was a big yawn.

Posted by: Goyasparanoias ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:59

For me, the sound was excellent in sec125, direct side stage Ronnie side. Except for these 2 songs which I bring up because no one has said anything yet: Sympathy and Brown Sugar. The boys were way out of synch during the middle of each of these. I think some sound guy turned it up a little too far as in my ears it turned to shit and was a mess, although a glorious mess as Mick, Keith, and Charlie all kept flailing away in search of bringing it back together. Did anyone else who was at Seattle notice this, or am I just getting too old and burnt out?

Date: November 2, 2005 03:44

I was home, tucked away in bed, after listening to Seattle '75. Oh, the advantages of age and wisdom!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home