Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Decembers Children........
Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:32

what a great album ! got it on CD this morning,id never replaced it after buying the LP all those years ago.great stuff..............

She Said Yeah (Sonny Christy/Roddy Jackson)
- Talkin’ ‘Bout You (Chuck Berry)
- You Better Move On (Arthur Alexander)
- Look What You’ve Done (McKinley Morganfield)*
- The Singer Not The Song (MJ/KR)
- Route 66 (Bobby Troup)
- Get Off Of My Cloud (MJ/KR)
- I’m Free (MJ/KR)
- As Tears Go By (MJ/KR/Andrew Oldham)*
- Gotta Get Away (MJ/KR)
- Blue Turns To Grey (MJ/KR)*
- I’m Moving On (Hank Snow)

Re: Decembers Children........
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:48

yeah Gotta get Away and Blue turns to grey back to back is something special

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:06

LOL Chris. You didn't have to pick on the weak point of the album.
I'm Moving On" has one of the most powerful intros of all Stones songs. Bill and Charlie driving and the Slide wailing. But the girls are like the secret weapon here. Like banshees...
Talkin Bout You also has a killer groove. This album always gets dissed alittle because it never really was an album; just a collection of leftiovers.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:16

Chelsea,

I've always liked Stones songs that other Stones fans seem not to care for. Some examples;

Moon is Up, Send it to me, Mixed Emotions, Torn and Frayed, Let it Loose, etc....

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:51

anything with Brian Jones on will do for me.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:56

i love the album ...BLUE TURMNS TO GREY>>>

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:34

Its a great album. "Look what youve done" is one of my fave Stones songs ever - very underrated

and that version of "I'm Moving On" at the end (from the excellent Got Live if you want it EP) is rip roarin'

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:37

i have always love this album as well...some don't think of it as REAL album..
more of a album with fillers...but for me it gives us a chance to hear some new non-stones type songs...and for me its great...singer not the song, blues turn to grey and i'm free are 3 great non stones type songs.. it was my 1st stones album, so i love it even more..ha..

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:41

left overs & filler?....get off of my cloud, she said yeah, talkin bout you, blue turns to grey, the singer not the song, i'm movin on, i'm free, Route 66 etc....if these are filler & leftovers then give me more "fillers" & "leftovers"!!...."real album" or not, this is a GREAT bunch of songs!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-02 01:23 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:52

Yeah, this album is just off the scale.

Anybody hear Soul Makossa-type funk at least five years ahead of its time on Talkin' 'Bout You? That groove is MEAN.

I too read that December's Children was put together from various tracks they had lying around, but it's SO damn good, really one of the best albums any mid-60's band (or any band from any time, I think) every released.

Everybody's probably familiar with Charlie's little 'oops-es' on I'm Free and one other tune (might be Blue Turns To Gray). But of course it doesn't matter. The whole thing (include the rest of Charlie's drumming on the album) is tremendous.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 18:22

December's Kiddies...excellent album! One of the best out of all the Stones' 60's albums! She Said Yeah = killer!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 18, 2005 11:13

let me hear you say ~*YEAH!*~ come on darlin let me hear you say ~*YEAH!*~
how did that handful of skinny English cats get so unearthly GOOD at such an absurdly early age?
i love this album - and that cover shot was about the hippest thing i had ever seen.
it's the only Stones album my guardians bought for us when we were little -
they were taken in by the title, i guess, and thought the Stones had become sweet and cuddly. :E
ahhh lord listen to that ~*ROLL!*~ beautiful, just freakin beautiful.
swing on, gentlemen, you are sounding most well if i may say so :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: XxCassiexX ()
Date: November 1, 2005 16:51

hi is this chris fountain as in justin??? please email back xxxx

Posted by: Love In Vain ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:17

Great album i had never heard December's Children till it came out on SACD its a perfect 29 minutes.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: November 1, 2005 22:42

Its too bad that the only song here that they would ever play these days would be Get Off My Cloud. Other than Route 66, they have not played any of these songs since the 60's. What a shame.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 2, 2005 01:21

It's a great album. The two live tracks are superb, particularly Route 66. Man, Brian and Keith were a great guitar duo! I love Blue Turns To Grey, I'm Free, GOOMC, and She Said Yeah. Oh, and Brian's harp on Look What You've Done is probably the best harp playing on any Stones recording . . .

Date: November 2, 2005 03:48

Out of all their releases, I consider this to be the best, it runs the gamut without pretence. And Brian's in all his glory. No Keith Richard's guitar posing here, folks...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home