Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Accurate Guitar Tablature Books,Got One?
Posted by: Hansel1976 ()
Date: October 6, 2020 15:07

Hi
I've just been searching for Guitar Tablature books specifically geared towards Stones studio albums.Some seem accurate,one EOMS,has the wrong tuning for open G.They suggest tuning your A string up to a B?Am I right?

Does anyone have latter day albums transcriptions like VL,B2B,ABB etc?
Thanks.

Re: Stones Accurate Guitar Tablature Books,Got One?
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 6, 2020 17:33

Just figure it out. You don't need tab

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 6, 2020 17:38

Accurate ?

There aren't any winking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 6, 2020 18:08

There is a pretty good tab book for the LOndon Singles collection. Basically, the singles and flip sides thru 71.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 7, 2020 10:56

The ‘Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out’ Tablature book seems pretty accurate. - even if I am off topic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-07 10:57 by midimannz.

Posted by: Hansel1976 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 15:56

Yes London Singles collection I have.Has a few tabs incomplete but mostly okay.

Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: October 8, 2020 04:24

I have the book but I'm not sure which tab you're talking about specifically but you tune the A string down to G....and the top E string (skinniest string) down to D for Open G

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 8, 2020 05:16

mrpaulincanada
I have the book but I'm not sure which tab you're talking about specifically but you tune the A string down to G....and the top E string (skinniest string) down to D for Open G

confused smiley......wow.......

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 8, 2020 08:55

Hansel1976
Hi
I've just been searching for Guitar Tablature books specifically geared towards Stones studio albums.Some seem accurate,one EOMS,has the wrong tuning for open G.They suggest tuning your A string up to a B?Am I right?

Does anyone have latter day albums transcriptions like VL,B2B,ABB etc?
Thanks.

Your email is hidden, mine isn’t- why don’t you email me about this subject

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 8, 2020 16:49

I have a few books. These are my favorites for thoroughness (or as close to it as I think you can get-please note, none of the many books I own have been completely accurate):

[www.amazon.com]

This first one for my money is the best of the bunch.

[www.amazon.com]

(please note: The Ya Yas one leaves out the Chuck Berry covers)

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

This one is an easy play along, but at the same time, I was able to find what I needed from this book. Actually, great beginning book.

[www.amazon.com]

This last one is not recommended if you are a beginner guitarist. Too difficult.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 17:05 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 8, 2020 19:52

If you are trying to figure out songs by ear you will find the Stones play many songs live very different then the way they were originally recorded on record.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 8, 2020 22:50

I can recommend the American books from Hal Leonard . These „recorded versions" books are very detailed with all notes and transcriptions. Many years ago I got Exile and Some Girls. There are books from any other artists . Nothing for beginners , fun for average players.
Some Girls ISBN 0-7935-3854-8
Exile ISBN 0-7935-4094-1

Have fun !

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 11, 2021 11:45

On Amazon.com there're 53 Prime-Videos for "How To Play By The Rolling Stones - Guitar Tabs & Chords". Set the Amazon search-bar to Prime-Video and search for: Rolling Stones - Guitar Tabs & Chords .

[www.Amazon.com]

The Guitar Tabs & Chords are available for:

Monkey Man, Tumbling Dice, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Love In Vain, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, Wild Horses, Winter, Dead Flowers, Under My Thumb, Honky Tonk Women, Midnight Rambler, Streets Of Love, Sway, She Said Yeah, I Wanna Be Your Man, Little T&A, Time Is On My Side, Beast Of Burden, Let It Bleed, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Slave, Love Is Strong, Stray Cat Blues, She's Like A Rainbow, The Last Time, Street Fighting Man, Miss You, Let's Spend The Night Together, Route 66, Oh Baby, Susie Q, Poison Ivy, Bitch, It's Only Rock'n'Roll, It's All Over Now, Connection, 2000 Man, Brown Sugar, Before They Make Me Run, Fingerprint File, Around And Around, Anybody Seen My Baby, Doom & Gloom, Country Honk, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Far Away Eyes, Get Off Of My Cloud, Fortune Teller, Carol, Country Honk, Citadel, Paint It Black, Angie.

There're also a lot of Guitar Tabs & Chords for songs by other artists (Amazon Prime-Video, click/tap in 'More details' on 'Producers GuitarTutorials').

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 12:20 by Irix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home