Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Lee Kerslake RIP
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 20, 2020 21:02

Read online that drummer Lee Kerslake passed away from prostate cancer. He was Uriah Heep's drummer in the 70s and later on. He also was the drummer for Ozzy's first two albums, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. When you hear Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, Flying High Again, Over The Mountain, etc. that's Lee.
There were legal issues with Ozzy when the albums were remastered, Ozzy had Lee and bassist Bob Daisley's parts re-recorded. Lee went bankrupt from the legal battles. Many Ozzy fans blame wife Sharon for this. It was only recently that Ozzy finally arranged for Lee to receive his platinum awards for those first two albums.
Also read that in the 60s, one of the bands he was in had Mick Taylor in it for a bit. RIP Lee!

Lee Kerslake: Former Ozzy Osbourne and Uriah Heep drummer dies aged 73 (BBC)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-21 12:48 by bv.

Re: OT: Lee Kerslake RIP
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 21, 2020 06:58

Its terrible, and its sad he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Great drummer, and so unfairly treated by Ozzy, then again as everyone thats ever crossed him was because of Sharon. It was at least kind of them to give him his awards as his literal dying wish to just be acknowledged for his work. Ozzy owes his life to that original band that made those records, and Lee was a part of that history.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 21, 2020 09:10

I hope Lee is up there right now jamming with Randy Rhoads again! Maybe Entwistle can join in on bass.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 21, 2020 15:59

RollingFreak
Its terrible, and its sad he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Great drummer, and so unfairly treated by Ozzy, then again as everyone thats ever crossed him was because of Sharon. It was at least kind of them to give him his awards as his literal dying wish to just be acknowledged for his work. Ozzy owes his life to that original band that made those records, and Lee was a part of that history.

Don Arden's daughter - the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

That said, Ozzy's talentless ass is a millionaire (thanks in large part to Sharon) and I'm broke.

Sorry about Lee. Loved Randy's playing too.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: September 21, 2020 22:20

the drum opening for Over The Mountain is wild. Truly a great drummer paired with some other extremely talented musicians.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 5, 2020 13:04

I'm late in contributing to this thread, but there's a terrific recent video of him on YouTube, drumming-along to Ozzy's Crazy Train.

Rest in peace, Lee Kerslake

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 6, 2020 12:43

I saw him with Uriah Heep in a very good concert in 1993.

RIP Lee Kerslake

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 7, 2020 03:22

RIP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2414
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home