Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Jimi Hendrix
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 29, 2022 11:31

Started out a bluesman
but soon hit the harder stuff .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 29, 2022 13:47

Pietro
I sometimes wonder what he would be doing if he were still alive. He was deep into psychedelics. He would've outgrown that and become a great blues musician, I bet.

Jimi was doomed to die early. The gods loved him. They wanted him for themselves.

I think he would've ended up doing jazz. There were hints he was heading that direction at the end of his life.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 29, 2022 15:48

A couple of interesting documentaries here on the Are You Experienced album and the first UK tour.

Are You Experienced - [www.youtube.com]

First UK Tour - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 29, 2022 22:01

crholmstrom
Pietro
I sometimes wonder what he would be doing if he were still alive. He was deep into psychedelics. He would've outgrown that and become a great blues musician, I bet.

Jimi was doomed to die early. The gods loved him. They wanted him for themselves.

I think he would've ended up doing jazz. There were hints he was heading that direction at the end of his life.

Miles Davis thought that, too (as far as I remember).

I was very into Hendrix stuff when I was much younger. Some 30 years later I listen to Hendrix rarely. But when I do I just listen to his blues stuff (especially to live versions 'Red House')

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 29, 2022 22:16

slewan
crholmstrom
Pietro

I was very into Hendrix stuff when I was much younger. Some 30 years later I listen to Hendrix rarely. But when I do I just listen to his blues stuff (especially to live versions 'Red House')

Hell yes! Red House is where it's at! Love the version on Blues.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 30, 2022 00:19

NashvilleBlues
slewan
crholmstrom
Pietro

True. Me too.
Especially that version from San Diego's Sports Arena, May 25. 1969 is like something holy to me ... can't find just one note he plays in there which is not perfect... truly amazing!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 30, 2022 01:28

waterrats
NashvilleBlues
slewan
crholmstrom
Pietro

True. Me too.
Especially that version from San Diego's Sports Arena, May 25. 1969 is like something holy to me ... can't find just one note he plays in there which is not perfect... truly amazing!

Masterpiece.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 405
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home