Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1973 concert film and the art of the tease
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 9, 2020 04:49

So I just saw a few other new official Brussels videos on their YouTube channel and they all have short video clips of the band performing in 1973 where the video clips continuously loop - and the quality is half decent.

Somebody already posted that they may be hinting at a possible 1973 concert film. So I am going to second their opinion. Somebody out there is syncing soundboard recordings to film recordings as we speak. He is in the vault.

Mick likes to tease. The attention wh*re!

That would be really cool for the die-hard fans for sure. What's a 47-year wait? lol

The poor die-hard fans that are pushing up daisies and are already dead are saying "It should have been released in 1974!" Mister D did his dirty deed. Imagine millions of fans in Rolling Stones purgatory waiting for release...

To truly appreciate the Rolling Stones you have to have a long life.

Re: 1973 concert film and the art of the tease
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 9, 2020 06:33

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 9, 2020 07:14

There is some footage from 1973 out there, mostly super-8mm, and not many complete songs. Based on the clips posted above, there is little that suggests they have anything close to a complete show from 1973.

...but please, prove me wrong!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 9, 2020 08:25

Well that Led Zeppelin Bootleg amnesty for their DVD produced some cool results and I do believe they credited the sources. I'd do the same thing if I was The Stones

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 9, 2020 11:21

These short clips could either be taken from some of the several super-8 audience videos, and rebrushed by computer, or it could be from the 2 Munich 1973 tracks that was sent on TV, but are not in circulation. They don't appear to be typical pro-footage. In fact they convince me that they have no real great 1973 footage in their hands, at least they are not giving it other peoples hands
AFAIK, only one of the London shows were filmed professionally, but these clips doesn't seem to come from that show. Maybe that footage is lost. Or maybe never even shot?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 9, 2020 13:19

The quality of these clips is better than almost any bootleg I’ve seen from that era, maybe better than Ladies and Gentlemen and better than Cock sucker blues.The colored stage lighting they were using then may affected the sharpness of the films

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 9, 2020 14:27

I would be in complete and utter ecstasy if video appeared to match Brussels Affair . Love where Mick comments something to the effect of a guitar assault ! I will have to have a listen again to Brussels ( a really fine show )

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 9, 2020 15:15

Well I got really excited by these posts, and checked out TD (my favourite from Brussels) only to realise that it was just a series of unrelated clips put to the song. I mean to saw it wasn't a video of them playing TD at Brussels.

I guess it's just some promotion for the release.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 9, 2020 15:16

Has Mick ever been asked if there is any footage from the 73 tour they would consider releasing?

Apart from SFM, I've never seen any other pro-shot film from 1973. Is the BBC film of the London show corroborated anywhere or just rumour?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 10, 2020 08:44

As I expected, Rolling Stones didn't use PRO footage from 1973 for them videos. I thought I'd seen them clips more complete before. And according to Hot Stuff website the clips comes from Ahoy Hall, Rotterdam, also available on bootleg

[6101.teacup.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 08:57 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 02:44

a brussels affair video, that wont come cheap, we might have to sell our houses, to pay for it, hope its worth it. me, my tent and my stones music.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 03:05

The video clips of Keith playing in profile, I’ve never seen that video before.Can someone tell me where it comes from? Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home