Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood/Rod Stewart
Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 29, 2005 03:25

Does anyone have the Faces greatest hits collection released about a year ago? Just wondering if it makes for good holiday self-gratification. I've got all of Ronnie's solo stuff, plus all the Faces releases. The collection supposedly had several unreleased Faces tunes. The title of the CD is something like '4 guys pull up to a bar?'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-29 04:03 by rock'nroller.

Re: Ronnie Wood/Rod Stewart
Posted by: martingo ()
Date: October 29, 2005 04:15

rock'nroller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone have the Faces greatest hits
> collection released about a year ago? Just
> wondering if it makes for good holiday
> self-gratification. I've got all of Ronnie's solo
> stuff, plus all the Faces releases. The
> collection supposedly had several unreleased Faces
> tunes. The title of the CD is something like '4
> guys pull up to a bar?'
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/29/05 04:03 by
> rock'nroller.
it's got a bunch of really nice unreleased Faces stuff. Not any solo Wood. A must-have for any faces fan.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 29, 2005 04:21

rock'nroller Wrote:
> Does anyone have the Faces greatest hits
> collection released about a year ago? Just
> wondering if it makes for good holiday
> self-gratification. I've got all of Ronnie's solo
> stuff, plus all the Faces releases. The
> collection supposedly had several unreleased Faces
> tunes. The title of the CD is something like '4
> guys pull up to a bar?'
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/29/05 04:03 by
> rock'nroller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-30 00:44 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 29, 2005 04:26

It's called Five Guys Walk Into A Bar and is a 4 CD Box Set. I don't have it but would like to get it - the reviews have been excellent. Here's a link to a bunch of info about it on amazon.com: [www.amazon.com]

If you are looking for a one CD greatest hits by The Faces, you want "The Best Of The Faces: Good Boys ... When They're Asleep." That came out in '99, it is a great compilation. Here's the link: [www.amazon.com]

I have that one and about wore it out when I got it. I'm going to go put it on right now, in fact. Thanks for the inspiration, mate! Love their version of Dylan's Wicked Messenger - gets me every time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-30 02:15 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 29, 2005 04:41

The Five Guys Walk Into A Bar box set is a must have. One of the best ever. The Best Of The Faces: Good Boys ... When They're Asleep is also excellent, a fine compilation from a band that somehow has never made it to the rock and roll hall of fame. What the %^&(() is wrong with those people? Just go buy these albums. You won't regret it.

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: October 29, 2005 05:01

Hey thats just the most rockin release of the year!WOW!!!!Im turned on.I just ate dinner in a restaurant with Rockin Rod playing over the PA.Some sick depressed puppy cut off "Hot Legs" just when the song was getting to the good bit.A lot like someone walking in on you when your about to orgasm.

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: October 29, 2005 05:09

Hey...'Five Guys Walk In To A Bar...' is terrific! A "must-have" for fans, absolutely.

If you order it through Ian MacLagan's website www.macpages.com, he will inscribe it personally to you.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 29, 2005 05:31

If you don't want to spend the bread on a box set "GOOD BOYS...WHEN THEY'RE ASLEEP" is so awesome...after a few listens you really get a sense as to why the Stones picked Wood and how his guitar playing fit perfectly with them...you do here riffs and bits of leads that wind up on future Stones tracks...GREAT GREAT STUFF...and I believe the last two tracks were unreleased.

PECMAN

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: October 29, 2005 05:37

Leonard Keringer! I am interested in the Faces boots that you have. Any change that I can obtain them? Just click on my name for my email. Thanks!"Five Guys Walk into a Bar"is one, if not the best, box-set released to date.Wish the Stones themselves would follow suit.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2005 15:41

Agree with kienan - you need this box set!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 29, 2005 16:13

Someone wrote there wasnt any Ronnie solo tracks on the box. Well, theres I Can Feel The Fire and Take A Look At The Guy, which is almost Ronnie songs. Live 75. Great box, but the quality of those 2 tracks isnt that good actually. Sounds like a bootleg. The Faces´version of Jealous Guy is awsome, much better than for instance that horrible Roxy Music version.

Posted by: Love In Vain ()
Date: October 29, 2005 16:15

You need both Five Guys Walk In To A Bar and Good Boys When They're Asleep, the 4 cd set is an awesome collection but it does not have the Faces brilliant version of Dylans Wicked Messenger on for that you need the single cd set.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 30, 2005 01:48

When are Rod and Ron going to finish you strum i'll sing? I've been waiting years for this....

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: October 30, 2005 02:31

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Someone wrote there wasnt any Ronnie solo tracks
> on the box. Well, theres I Can Feel The Fire and
> Take A Look At The Guy, which is almost Ronnie
> songs. Live 75. Great box, but the quality of
> those 2 tracks isnt that good actually. Sounds
> like a bootleg. The Faces´version of Jealous Guy
> is awsome, much better than for instance that
> horrible Roxy Music version.

oops!

I stand corrected re the ronnie solo trax.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 31, 2005 19:54

I agree about Good When Asleep. Great disc. A friend is sending me the box set. It's amazing how many bands have been influenced by the Faces and yet they never got the recognition they deserved. The Black Crowes would not exist without the Faces

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 31, 2005 21:04

or Humble Pie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home