Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Talk Is Cheap/Mick Taylor
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 29, 2005 01:00

I was looking through the Talk Is Cheap cd booklet and saw that Mick Taylor is listed as playing on I Could Have Stood You Up. I had never noticed his playing style on the track. Does anyone know why Mick Taylor is on this one...the story behind it?

Re: Talk Is Cheap/Mick Taylor
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 29, 2005 01:34

his signature on the solo is unmistakeable, IMO

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 29, 2005 02:26

He plays the two solos, isn't it?

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 29, 2005 02:30

No, he plays one solo. Keith the other.

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 29, 2005 03:02

Keith obviously respected Mick's talants as a lead guitarist. I happened to be in NYC one cold winter night, on my way to the East Village to see Mick Taylor perform. I stayed for both shows; I guess Bobby Keys playing sax on CYHMK Part II wasn't enough...

Anyway, Keith did show up for the 2nd evening show, and played on a few tunes. As I later recall reading, after the show, the boys went upstate NY to lay down the tracks on CHSYU(BID), after "breaking into the recording studio."

It was definitely one of those, I wish I were there to see it nights. Onstage, they seemed quite loose, and quite high. The relaxed way you love to see Keith play.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 29, 2005 03:57

I love it that when someone posts a question on this site, half of the time there is someone who comes along who was there when the event in question happened. Very cool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home