Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones movie in good review shocker!
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 28, 2005 22:58

I've heard mainly negative chatter about 'Stoned' so far but there is a very good review in Classic Rock (the new one with Mick & Keef on the cover). It gets 8 out of 10 though it's not a good sign that they couldn't even get the director's name right: "Bruce" instead of Stephen Woolley:

"The official verdict of 'misadventure under the influence of drink and drugs' always seemed way too pedestrian an end for Brian Jones. And first-time director Bruce Woolley's long-awaited biopic of the tragic Rolling Stone's final days draws upon a decade of painstaking research to outline the 'true' sequence of events that led to his death by drowning.

Impeccable attention to detail in both costume design and casting, absolute historical accuracy and evocative cinematography characterise this beautifully realised labour of love, and - despite Leo Gregory (a deliciously amoral Jones) bearing a distracting resemblance to Robin Askwith in Confessions Of A Pop Performer - it comes highly recommended.

The builder done it, apparently: and if you'd suffered similar provocation you'd probably have done the same."

It has to be worth a watch doesn't it. Weird that the reviewer Ian Fortnam mentions Robin Asquith as only recently I watched a very early Askwith effort from 1970 called 'Cool It Carol' and was stunned by the uncanny resemblance to Brian Jones.

Re: Brian Jones movie in good review shocker!
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 29, 2005 12:48

What country does Stephen come from?

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 29, 2005 12:52

England. He once wrote a really good article on Performance which was obviously influential to him.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 30, 2005 22:15

Sounds pretty good, thanks for pointing it out.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 30, 2005 22:35

I think you can stream a video trailer here:
[www.contactmusic.com]

haven't tried it tho.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 30, 2005 23:01

I just wachted the trailer, but thats absolutely not my cup o' tea.

I'll skip that movie, thx to the trailer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home