Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For those of you who are bootleg knowledgable....
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 30, 2005 15:44

The set "Dead Man Cumming" states that it contains rehearsals from September 23, 1989 in Washington and September 28, 1989 in Massachuseits. Then I found this on a website:

"Empress Valley, soon after this came out, released Dead Man Cumming, which is
also misidentified. The artwork says it is rehearsals from Washington D.C. and
Foxboro, but actually both are from Philadelphia. This set includes a complete
rehearsal set from August 28 (on three discs), and the August 29 set on two
discs in slightly less "tinny" sound quality than Better Than the Real Rebirth.

These rehearsals, from either title, are among the best of the best quality
Stones boots. The set list is fantastic, and the Stones are performing two
complete performances of the August 31 opening night show, from start to
finish. They include two complete performances of Shattered, which was only
performed on opening night and then dropped for the rest of the 1989-1990 tour.
The power went out during the performance on August 31, and apparently someone
in the Stones was superstitious, so they never did the song again that tour."

To add to the confusion, on another site I found this:

"Comments above are incorrect. The Stones never played in Philly on 8-29-89 during that tour. They played dates of 8-31-89 + 9-01-89 at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia and not at JFK Stadium. I have the Live Rehearsal at Sullivan Stadium Foxboro, Massachusetts, Sept. 29, 1989 in my collection. These are phenominal rehearsal versions of many of their classic recordings. Sound quality is off the charts. Those rehearsals, incidentally, blow away the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 31, 1989 live show that sports the exact same track listing in the same exact order!!! I have that show as well, titled "Electrical Discharge" and released by Dirty Work Productions with only 500 numbered copies. This show is also worth having and would easily rate as a very good audience recording."

I'd like to know what this set really contains.

Re: For those of you who are bootleg knowledgable....
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 30, 2005 19:49

deuce its confusing,,i hav d m cummin & its notes r wrong ,,,im 99% sure its philly ,, shattered is the give away,,,after that 1st show mishap they dropped it like a bad habbit,,the Date is the tricky part because the stones were their a Week bfore the opener across the street from veterans stad. in jfk stad. practicin with the full stage @ nite playin full shows,,ya they had 2 steel wheels stages across the street from each other,,i was there & seen them ,, very cool ,,the stones practiced every day of the week they were there including the day of opener in jfk stadium ,, according 2 people that i talked 2 in philly on opening day,,, my guess is the boot is from the 29th ,,but it could of been 27th or 28th or even 26th who no's,,,hope that helps,,btw that boot u say u hav from mass. in off the chart quality is it different show than dead m cummin ,, if it is would ya trade or anything,, id like 2 get that 1 tanks

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2005 20:45

There was no "rehearsal" from Foxboro on 29.9.89 - just a concert (same with Washington DC)....theres no way the Stones are going to play a full show as a rehearsal on the same day as they play a full concert a few hours later

There was however a full dress rehearsal in Philly on 29.8.89 which is where that recording comes from

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 30, 2005 21:37

29th ,,,my guess may b right then,,,they practiced 8 songs day of show in the afternoon ,, friend of mine went ,, i was busy drinkin @ the hotels pool a couple of blocks away ,, it was wild that opener ,,, it was 1st stones concert in 7 yrs. & their was more press there than for the academy awards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home